A little worrying

+
its good if you are limited to a certain body type, and height. But for many people those are big limitations.
i know what you mean... but its a big problem for most games, because clothing/armor isnt made size adjustable
i dont know a lot of games where this is possible
and most of them cant be modded

You're not wrong to feel that way. CDPR backed themselves into a corner by allowing pre-orders so early on, and going full throttle on marketing at a time where a smooth release before customers grew restless was impossible. The main issue for CDPR at the moment are lawsuits and government monitoring, which is testimony to how badly they screwed the pooch, but those two things have them on a tight leash.

Investors and UOKiK require them to get last-gen performance up to standard and to clean out major bugs, this press release was for them as much as it was for us. That's the brutal truth of it, if they had claimed they were going to fix all of the systems and add X and Y feature, they would be backing themselves further into the corner. Stuffing the game full of content right now would only cause further issues with the two aspects of the game for which they have existing lawsuits. Not doing so isn't proof that they only intend to fix performance and bugs, nor is it proof that they intend to do more.

If only actions had been taken against other companies sooner, CDPR would not of been able to pull what they did. No Man's Sky, WWE 2k19/20, Fifa 21, Fallout 76, Madden 21, NBA 2k21 etc. could of easily faced similar treatment but they didn't, and CDPR would of been forced by regulation to deliver a cleaner product had other more egregious practices been made examples of. CDPR might have to be the sacrificial lamb to clean the industry up, but even if they pay the price, I can't see other companies suddenly changing. Maybe it's time for regulation or unions.

It's unfortunate that something this ambitious landed them in shit, for all of their mistakes, deception and negligence, 320million spent on something so ambitious that could ruin them... While yearly sports titles built almost entirely with assets confirmed to be copied from the previous games generate billions (not hyperbole) in profits from exploiting gambling addiction in children. Year long lawsuits and they won't back down, the industry is a hellhole.

The whole situation reminds me of in school, when the teacher ignores the delinquent students all year around, then instantly expels an otherwise decent kid for one offense.

[sorry for the tirade, I do think the trouble CDPR is in is justified and would not defend it, if not for similar entities to the UOKiK and law firms involved largely ignoring the rest of the industry]
It is not a testament to how badly they done( because they are not the first nor the last ) it's a testament to who can cry the loudest. Fact, if the game ran on consoles fine but not on pc, to the point they had to pull it from steam( like arkham knight ) the reaction( overreaction ) wouldn't even be in the same galaxy as it currently is. 0.

It is not a testament to how badly they done( because they are not the first nor the last ) it's a testament to who can cry the loudest. Fact, if the game ran on consoles fine but not on pc, to the point they had to pull it from steam( like arkham knight ) the reaction( overreaction ) wouldn't even be in the same galaxy as it currently is. 0.
Console users should absolutely be decrying this though. If I bought this on console I'd be wondering who the fuck designed this game and made sure I didn't buy a Bethesda game by accident. Not that it's free from issues on PC. Quite frankly CDPR should NOT be proud of the PC port.

Edit: typo

Console users should absolutely be decrying this though. If I bought this on console I'd be wondering who the fuck designed this game and made sure I didn't buy a Bethesda game by accident. Not that it's free from issues on PC. Quite frankly CDPR should NOT be proud of the PC port.

Edit: typo

I bought it on PS4 ... Then got annoyed with the state of it and bought it on PC as well 🤣:ROFLMAO: Funnily enough, it did feel like a Bethesda game.

I love the game and have no regrets. I'm sure I'll replay it on PS5 when that version comes out.

I bought it on PS4 ... Then got annoyed with the state of it and bought it on PC as well 🤣:ROFLMAO: Funnily enough, it did feel like a Bethesda game.

I love the game and have no regrets. I'm sure I'll replay it on PS5 when that version comes out.
Same here, no regrets on PC. A friend watches me stream it on Discord and even she bought it. And FPP games are not her thing. I'm on my 4th playthrough at almost 230 hours, having a blast. But I can't deny is janky as all get-out. Some bugs are funny, some not so much. If PS5's become a thing again and not a unicorn that scalpers snatch up I may be tempted to get it there too.

Sure, CDPR must realize that 2077's problems are not just bugs and performance, even on many low-end PCs the game is nowhere near as good as Marcin Iwiński says, the bugs will eventually be fixed, but the game's design problems and the lack of content for whatever reason may never be fixed, I don't know who is ultimately responsible for 2077 within CDPR, but it is certain that the game director is now a big problem, he is not capable of leading the development of 2077 and future CDPR games, game management problem is the biggest problem.

Well. People basically say that the romances make the game the best thing like sliced bread.

They are only concerned about their ingame sexy time.
Post automatically merged:

He however only mentioned stability, performance and bugs as problems.
Especially on consoles
Well I really wanna see more of the characters because they are easily the best part of the game Imo.
Post automatically merged:

It was nice that CDPR did the apology, but the fundamental issue remains.

CP2077 is not doing that well on PC, unlike what was claimed in the video.

This is Witcher 3 on metacritic:

View attachment 11142104

This is Cyberpunk 2077 on metacritic:
View attachment 11142107

I think the score is only going to drop further down from here on out, as more people finish the game and/or replay it. The flaws become more apparent when you see how the game has little to no replayability. It's nothing related to bugs or performances. It's a product design (or lack thereof) problem. Big one, if you ask me.
To be fair RDR2 has little to no replayability and it's beloved.

I am not finding it worrying at all.

I suspect that the development team is working on series of fixes and UI improvements as well as "as many" minor new features which should be somewhat easy to implement (hairstyle, make up, etc parlors, couple of new vehicles, weapons, mods, etc) which can pass as "new content". That being said, CDPR already got burned by over-hyping the game to astronomical levels, thus they would not share what exactly are they cooking since it may not be complete for the "next" patch/update. And in this case it is preferable for their reputation to deliver something with no announcements than to announce metric ton of features and under deliver (which was the case with the game itself).
Sure, but to be clear I am not criticizing their priority in fixing nor am I saying it's worrying that their not saying they're going to fix what I think they should be fixing. My point was merely in giving an account of what was wrong with the game they didn't mention large significant things that are broken or missing.

Yeah fair point, a lot of games have released completely broken on PC, some are still broken to this day, being sold on storefronts. Some even break from a patch and it's never reverted. Nobody cares and I have no idea why because PC has a larger base in 2021 than any other platform except the Switch.

Yep. PC is secondary, even to CDPR.

Sadly there really is only one ending. that's the johnny ending. Just to see how long it would take I did only the main quests and any side quests attached to the main. it took me around 20 hours to finish and the only option at the end was johnnies ending.
I didnt even get the suicide or the do it myself endings.

So for a game as large as this to have a main story that short well that is rather underwhelming.

Sadly there really is only one ending. that's the johnny ending. Just to see how long it would take I did only the main quests and any side quests attached to the main. it took me around 20 hours to finish and the only option at the end was johnnies ending.
I didnt even get the suicide or the do it myself endings.

So for a game as large as this to have a main story that short well that is rather underwhelming.
Unfortunately it's shorter because many didn't finish the main campaign of The Witcher 3. So CDPR decided to cut down on the hours for Cyberpunk. That was their reasoning when length was brought up. There are multiple endings, depending on what you do prior to it, who you build relationships with, and so on. Plus a hidden ending with specific dialogue requirements.

Last edited:
Sure but to be clear I'm not criticizing their priority in fixing things, I'm concerned when explaining what went wrong they only spoke about bugs and console performance.
Hopefully the "updates" they mentioned alongside bug fixes, among other things, is what you and I are hoping for. However, my better judgment screams that that's a wishful thinking.

I have been saying time and time again that bugs and performance issues are inevitable anywhere in the game industry. But the amount of features the game is missing are massive and its current state is unacceptable (again, not in terms of bugs and other issues). So I fully support your concern, and I wish to just drown out those cries for patches with these reasons, which are far more severe in terms of longevity of this game.

I have already stopped playing and uninstalled because of the amount of disappointment, despite my low expectation, pressured me greatly. I have even save scummed to see all endings in a single playthrough, which is saying A LOT in terms of the actual choices the game offers - which are lacking and not impactful at all.

This game needs a serious make-over, but I fear that it won't happen. My concern is a bit more of a long term. Meaning that I fear they will never address this problem in the future after yesterday's apology statement.

I agree, I think the issues a lot of people are having (myself included) is that we were expecting.. more? I really thought an RPG title of Cyberpunk 2077's caliber and hype would deliver on the choice aspect more. I'm giving a few examples below.

SPOILERS BELOW!

A perfect example of an incredibly frustrating experience was the heist mission with Jackie, where I kept thinking the mission was broken because of the fact that it was impossible to make it through how I thought I should be able to. I then found out that the outcome is the same however you try to do it, so I could have just kamikaze'd my way in there since the outcome would be the same anyway.

Another example is the, in light of the futility in V's situation, the lack of depth in the relationships, especially the romance. After the sex scene you can barely interact with your love interest anymore which I find strange. Same with the friends, when their quests are done. It breaks immersion. For example, I felt as if my love interest didn't care about V, at all, and the inner turmoil that V felt (as I imagined it anyway..) about inevitably going on that last mission not knowing if they're gonna die or not would have been more evident if there was some sort of back and forth. The texting was ok, but not being able to text your love interest or call them after that first and last romantic scene felt devastating to me and felt so incredibly cruel. Like, let me call my friends and tell them I'm scared of potentially dying, why does V have to be so fucking stoic!? Like come on, that would have been sad, yes, but way more realistic and it would have added so much depth to the character development of V.

I think the biggest disappointment overall is the fact that it all feels very.. scripted. Which it is, of course, but I would have hoped that it would feel less scripted and more that you as a player were in control of more things, not just some puppet driven by quest objectives on an inevitable doom slide.

They never admitted the cut contents were the things they promised, just like in their advertisements they never said explicitly that those things exist in the games. It's your own imagination and trust for CDPR that fucked up everything. ;)

rofl
its one of the best char creators around...
you can even play a transgender if you so pleased...
and the hair dosnt look like it was created by 5 year olds like in most other games

if you wanna play a game with crazy shit creator go and play ARC/Atlas

So, you're comparing it to the worst to make the evaluation that it's one of the best? lmao I think Monster Hunter World's character creator is one of the most basic ones in recent memory but it still has way more options than Cyberpunk 2077.

CDPR's Director said in an interview that the PC version received good reviews.
it sounds like he thinks only bugs are the problem.
CDPR What you must know is that bugs aren't the only problem.
Bugs are Obviously just one of the problems that need to be addressed.
The real problems are the Degrees of freedom in this game and a lot of contents that you guys have exaggerated to us.
And even if it is not a bug, there are numerous awkward points and awkward motions.
They are not bugs and do not make it impossible for us to play the game. But they must also be corrected.
I can't believe that CDPR, who have already tricked us once, will completely fix many of these problems. but I rooting for you.
Please don't let Cyberpunk be remembered as a flashy game that's been advertised falsely and hype to us.

You are right, but I will mention two things

1.) CDPR are under alot of fire right now, and compared to the last gen console releases, the PC release was pretty damn good.
2.) The CEO's main job is to make the company and game look good. We need word from the project managers for CP2077 to see what direction that they want to take this game. The CEO knows little by comparison.

CP2077 has absolutely unlimited potential. We're all waiting to see what direction they will take it after they've ironed out the bugs. Everyone has been screaming at what features they want, so here's hoping CDPR listen.

Top Bottom