Can they even Patch in this much stuff?

+
photomode_15012021_103530.png
photomode_15012021_104029.png
photomode_15012021_104218.png

As a Witcher fan since the very beginning I can't even express how I'm disappointed right now. I didn't want an exact copy of Witcher nor the unrealistic imaginary game of many people from Cyberpunk 2077. I just wanted a natural evolution of Witcher 3. But the final released game was far inferior to all of that. Constant branching paths with "The most engaging open world" that marketing said is nowhere to be found. However, even since the release CDPR has been telling us that it will get better with the time just like Witcher 3 as if that game was this much broken at release. Also I don't like how people are pretending that this is a Live Service game to get better with the time. Cyberunk 2077 doesn't have the branching paths or the length to withstand that much time. No AAA studio should follow that principle.
Here's a list of things Cyberpunk 2077 lacks that even random cookie cutter Ubisoft games include.
* Physics that is tolerable in 2020. Not rockstar Physics but some kinda satifying physics system which won't make Isaac Newton jump from a apple tree.
* Water effects? Are they serious? Game doesn't have any water effects. Witcher 3 water effects still look better than most games.
* Brain dead NPCs
* Vehicles that actually know how to GO AROUND
* Cops?

I have no idea whether any AAA Singleplayer game patched in this much essential stuff to their game after the release. Roadmap kinda gave me hope because looks like they are taking more than 6 months for the Next Gen update. That much time maybe enough for the development of those features.
However, I remember how Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition patched in so much stuff for free including new cutscenes & lengthy quests that made the game so much more enjoyable. Also, Blood & Wine had a huge improvement of performance from the base game. I've never scene a DLC having less system requirements than the base game.
So, if anybody can do it, it's CD Projekt Red.

Coding doesn't work individually all the time sometimes one line of code can fix like 12 bugs and create 5 more elsewhere it's a scattered process that takes refinement and lot's of testing, I have no doubt most bugs you see will be fixed overall it's patching the impact to the community that's the real challenge, no line of code exists for that kind of issue, still one has to have some level of faith.

I don't think it really is a single player game, and that may be why it feels a bit odd. Hopefully they can fix most of the issues, and move on to the multiplayer aspect. But being yanked from the store shelves it doesn't stand much of a chance, it's looking pretty grim for the game at the moment. Hopefully they won't just drop it, it's a pretty cool game and I think it has the potential to be an awesome open world online multiplayer game, piece by piece.

I don't think it really is a single player game, and that may be why it feels a bit odd. Hopefully they can fix most of the issues, and move on to the multiplayer aspect. But being yanked from the store shelves it doesn't stand much of a chance, it's looking pretty grim for the game at the moment. Hopefully they won't just drop it, it's a pretty cool game and I think it has the potential to be an awesome open world online multiplayer game, piece by piece.
It's definitely not a Singleplayer only game. People already found hidden files for several multiplayer modes inside the released base game.

It's definitely not a Singleplayer only game. People already found hidden files for several multiplayer modes inside the released base game.

I read somewhere that they wanted to release the game with a multiplayer option, but decided to go with bug fixes first, or something to that effect.

Some of the things I've picked up and seen seem to point in the direction that the game is really really big. One thing I saw was, when I reach the edge of the map it tells me that there is nothing for me to do here yet. So that kinda gives me a lil hope.

I read somewhere that they wanted to release the game with a multiplayer option, but decided to go with bug fixes first, or something to that effect.

Some of the things I've picked up and seen seem to point in the direction that the game is really really big. One thing I saw was, when I reach the edge of the map it tells me that there is nothing for me to do here yet. So that kinda gives me a lil hope.
I went everywhere in the map. I found this huge club beyond the accessible map & few unused buildings. Game definitely has so much cut content.
I'm pretty sure that game was huge to the the level of Witcher 3 at one point of development.
photomode_01012021_125235.png

I went everywhere in the map. I found this huge club beyond the accessible map & few unused buildings. Game definitely has so much cut content.
I'm pretty sure that game was huge to the the level of Witcher 3 at one point of development.View attachment 11143511
I don't think I've seen that, thanks.

More than anything I want to keep moving, doing things. And when someone says it's an open world, well, people kind of expect that there are going to be things to do endgame. My interest in the game eventually became less and less about nudity and the adult theme. Don't get me wrong, I like the adult theme, but I found myself exploring and dreaming about other things too, like racing and growing food and going fishing and cleaning up the nasty environment more often than wanting to hook up and kill people.

The game has some really beautiful styles. I'll keep trying to support it.

I don't think I've seen that, thanks.

More than anything I want to keep moving, doing things. And when someone says it's an open world, well, people kind of expect that there are going to be things to do endgame. My interest in the game eventually became less and less about nudity and the adult theme. Don't get me wrong, I like the adult theme, but I found myself exploring and dreaming about other things too, like racing and growing food and going fishing and cleaning up the nasty environment more often than wanting to hook up and kill people.

The game has some really beautiful styles. I'll keep trying to support it.
Mini games are fine. Gwent was so much enjoyable in Witcher.
But I want quality & quantity of side quests like Witcher 3. Those quests are the reason I never Uninstall that game.

Last edited:
Mini games are fine. Gwent was so much enjoyable in Witcher.
But I want quality & quantity of side quests like Witcher 3. Those quests are reason I never Uninstall that game.
I agree. The side missions in Witcher 3 felt more dynamic than the ones in this game too. I also expected Gwent tier minigame in cyberpunk 2077. It's too bad. The game seriously needed one or two more years of development.

I haven't played The Witcher, but from what I've seen of it, it looks like a cool game. I think if they can continue to afford to update CyberPunk 2077 in the future, it'll turn out ok.
You should play it bro. It’s one of the few games that I can recommend to anybody. Let them update Cyberpunk with patches. Meanwhile, play Witcher 3. GOTY version is 40$ on steam. Game worth every cent that you spend. I had absolutely zero crashes & bugs in my 2020 playthough. You will also get the free Next Gen upgrade this year.

You should play it bro. It’s one of the few games that I can recommend to anybody. Let them update Cyberpunk with patches. Meanwhile, play Witcher 3. GOTY version is 40$ on steam. Game worth every cent that you spend. I had absolutely zero crashes & bugs in my 2020 playthough. You will also get the free Next Gen upgrade this year.
Witcher 3 its my favorite game of all time. So good and cool.
Cyberpunk 2077 its kind of "gay", unattractive in comparison.
Wish they made witcher 4 instead.

I might, I was waiting to see if Farcry 6 is going to have a map editor and decide from there. Thanks.

They can "patch in" whatever they want for the PC version.

The real challenge is that they need to make it all work on all platforms, including the last generation consoles.

That's what's holding everything back, really - and I very much doubt they're going to be able to realize anything close to the original vision or whatever that was they hyped up, but which never came out.

To implement everything properly, including a reasonably immersive and modern AI along with convincing law enforcement responses - would almost certainly be taking a risk when it comes to archaic hardware and have it be feasible.

I guess it all depends on their determination to get back the good will of the consumers, which I assume they still care about.

For my part, nothing really matters except action - and while I never actually believed CDPR was not corporate and as subject to human nature mixed with capitalism as any other large and disproportionately popular company - I will start caring about their future titles if they manage to make Cyberpunk 2077 into what it really should have been, and COULD have been.

For now, I consider CP2077 one of the most blatantly deceitful examples of marketing before reality. I don't believe that official "apology" for a single second, either. It's all PR bullshit.

But they still need the market to want their games, don't they - and I think a realized version of CP2077 would go a long way in restoring that interest.

I'll be positively shocked if we get anything beyond bug fixes and quality of life improvements like better interface and items sorting, barbershops and body customization, etc... DLCs will probably deal with that. Expansions will add/unlock more areas and story stuff.

It's not that hard to add bullet holes on trees or various water effects, but rewriting traffic and AI, improving variety and fluidity of pedestrians - that's really difficult and takes a lot of time. Don't get me started on game systems like itemization, perks etc. It's 99,99% not gonna happen as they will need to remake the entire freaking game. You can forget about remaking quests. Unless the expansion of relationships with various characters is already included in expansions, it's not gonna happen.

Witcher 3 its my favorite game of all time. So good and cool.
Cyberpunk 2077 its kind of "gay", unattractive in comparison.
Wish they made witcher 4 instead.
Cyberpunk had potential but what they released was not the game they talked in 2018 demo.
I just want a lengthy main quest where you interact with the whole night city which end with a huge impact that we make on the game world. Then there must be fleshed out side quests with cutscenes that have the same quality as the main quests. That's what Witcher 3 had.

Cyberpunk had potential but what they released was not the game they talked in 2018 demo.
I just want a lengthy main quest where you interact with the whole night city which end with a huge impact that we make on the game world. Then there must be fleshed out side quests with cutscenes that have the same quality as the main quests. That's what Witcher 3 had.
Witcher 3 its a better game in all aspects.

Yes, those are pretty quick fixes. As a software developer I don't understand why does it take them so long to fix such minor issues. Just refactoring a couple of lines of codes shouldn't be taking months. NVIDIA offers Physx API to compute the physics and collision detection, otherwise could easily grab some aftermarket Physics engine. Just smells like laziness to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom