Why is there so much cut content? [Possible Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on!

Don't lie to us about how finished the game was and just performance issues and bugs where a problem.

Why is there so much cut content lying around in this game?

If the game was truly finished and not rushed, why didn't you bother to clean it properly up and remove the remnants of old but abandon concepts and give us a polished product?

If you truly stand for honesty and integrity, please give us peace of mind and be honest with us.

What's going on?

Scope creep, combined with a publisher insisting that they publish before Christmas.

I doubt CDPR intended to cut so much from the game, but I don't think it was their fault either.

It's why I'm hopeful we'll see this game realised in due time. I just hope it can be financially justified to their management team.

partypal.gif

Because time exists, and CDPR cannot manage it.

They have multiple DLC coming up, at least 2 this year that are supposed released. The game just released, let the dlc come out before complaining about cut content. It's probably all there.
That's the hope. At least two free DLC, maybe more. We just haven't heard anything from CDPR so people are on edge atm, because it's entirely possible we get clothes instead.

That's the hope. At least two free DLC, maybe more. We just haven't heard anything from CDPR so people are on edge atm, because it's entirely possible we get clothes instead.
They had a big release about it like 2 days ago. It's on the main page and when you start the game on the launcher.

They had a big release about it like 2 days ago. It's on the main page and when you start the game on the launcher.
Hm? You mean the CEO video? He stated that patch#1 and patch#2 would fix the console ports and experience of the game, and while they out a roadmap up that featured free DLCs from Feb-Dec, there has been no word on what this free DLC will be, as far as I know.

msxyz

Forum regular
They mentioned only 'free dlc' in the timeline released 3 days ago. Which kind of worries me because I don't expect a DLC of the scope and size of Blood & Wine to be free. Next gen console users will get the upgrade patch and that's all (according to the timeline released) till the end of 2021!

Another option could be that they bundle the expansion with the multiplayer, which would annoy me and many others who would rather have a single player, moddable game à la Skyrim rather than just another online shooter.

PS: There are rumors that GTA 6 will be announced this year; I consider the release of GTA 6 as the deadline before which CDPR has a last chance to make Cyberpunk still relevant to the market; after that, it will be game over.

Come on!

Don't lie to us about how finished the game was and just performance issues and bugs where a problem.

Why is there so much cut content lying around in this game?

If the game was truly finished and not rushed, why didn't you bother to clean it properly up and remove the remnants of old but abandon concepts and give us a polished product?

If you truly stand for honesty and integrity, please give us peace of mind and be honest with us.

What's going on?

Youre a little late for this party, arent you?

It is funny how a lot of people assume unfinished content is just laying around on a drive at CDPR because they think it was cut out of the game "for reasons".

Cut content = / = unfinished content.
They said they are proud of the pc version, so clearly they don't feel there is cut content that will be added back in.

No that is just something you are making up, by reading something that is not there and jumping to a conclusion. Having pride in a product does not mean you stop improving the product. Nor does it mean you stop adding to the product. Nor does it mean the product is in a final state. It means exactly what it says and nothing more.

Dlc: additional weapons, ng+, more side gig sized quests, alternate outfits. Free. More than just two on the way.

Expansion: 10-20+ hours worth of content that adds to the story. Paid. At least two of these, possibly more.

That's how they did it for Witcher 3.

In line with why is there so much cut content, some of my other questions are:

1.) How many iterations of CP2077 exist? How many times did you start, then scrap your work and start over? How many different pieces of game is CP2077?

2.) It seems likely that when you realized you had failed to make the game you said you were making and were not going to be able to make it, it would seem Keanu was brought in as a gimmick distraction piece. Why were you not able to make the RPG game you sought out to make and instead ended up with whatever CP2077 is?

There could be many reasons for cut content. We can only speculate at this time. I just hope they get to adding it back, before the PC community uncovers most of it.

One major feature I noticed was the depth of character customization. They originally showed that you would be able to select an idol. Silverhand was only one of them. So maybe there are two other characters that our story could follow.

In line with why is there so much cut content, some of my other questions are:

1.) How many iterations of CP2077 exist? How many times did you start, then scrap your work and start over? How many different pieces of game is CP2077?
Rumors say at least two more. One, still pretty early in development, scrapped around the time CDPR was finished with the Witcher 3 and its DLC (and that caused the first group of veteran developers to leave) and one around 2018 which was far ahead. Take with a good dose of salt. ;)

One good thing about seeing evidence of cut content is that it confirms that the developer had or has big plans for the title. Cut content doesn't have to remain cut for all time you know. And even if a particular piece of content doesn't make a comeback via the developer, these items can be used as a solid starting point for modders to create stories of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom