Why is there influencers in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
So before the game even released, everybody who has asked to be in the game world told in they're platforms that they are gonna be in the game. Sure it will create even more buzz around the game, but do we really need this?

To me this is useless that they use they're worktime creating "famous" npc's in the game then actually using that time to fix the game mechanics that players actually need. It's crazy to think that we have for example: simplistic AI (traffic, cops, normal NPC's etc), twins all over the map, worldmap with actual holes, items you cannot pick but have symbols for picking and not to even mention all bug's and glitches evem on PC. I have to save and load the game multiple times to fix visual bugs.

All the time I want to say to CDPR that please assign a team that goes through the whole map, every quest, location and item and make a bug list about everything and fix it. And then I see an influences in the middle of this and think to myself.. Is this really where the focus was?

Capture.JPG

That said, as much as I question their game making ability right now (even though I shouldn't due to the Witcher series) I can't question their marketing genius. I mean man oh man, had they put half the effort into managing the game that they did in managing the marketing, this game would be not just game of the year, but game of eternity.

The influencers are just one example of this stategy. Cater to the edgy Lemmings who will bend over backwards for these influencers, and they just grew their fan base 100 fold.

But man, wish they had put the managing effort into the game design.

I think they lost money and time by adding influencers.
I do not believe that the cost benefit has been in favor.

of celebrities
The only ones who really attracted the public was Keanu Reevs.
Lady Gaga was mentioned at one point but did not happen.
They should've focused the ENTIRE first game on V. Save the celebrity bullshit for DLC and expansions. The first game should be used to establish the game world and acclimatize players to their place in it.

For example: Would you imagine a Witcher-world where pewdiepie would show up as a mage to help Gerald ?

To me this is overall ridiculous idea to add some youtube/twitch people to a game. Sure point to pre-marketing, but is it really wise in long run?

Last edited:
My boyfriend asked me if I recognized the guy who made Death Stranding. I played the game (90%!) and I know he is a kind of guru. Metal Gear. That's it.
But ...öhm no. Why should I?? Didn't went to school with him.
And the other lipstick-influencers I would find if the had a glowing star over the head. Maybe.

It seems that CDPR is more into superficial things like celebes (incl. K. Reeves) then good "handcrafting".
Sad.

Sorry, but it's a stupid topic. Dev's are normal ppl with friends. *facepalm*

It's a nice gesture imho

Jeyl

Forum regular
While I understand the usage of influencers/youtubers can be a distraction, I will say that how they're handled in this game is at least well executed. For one thing, their voices don't sound amateurish at all and their deliveries are in-line with other performances in the game. Their roles are very limited to just filling in spaces, they don't overstay their welcome and they're not Mary Sues.

If you want to see a really, really, REALLY bad example of using YouTubers to voice your game, check out 'Hunt Down The Freeman'.

This is a non-sensical argument.

The people modeling these faces in the game are not the same ones who could've fixed the AI or fixed any of the real issues the game has.

These influencer didn't cost enough to influence development either.
Two options:
a) less designers for modelling, more programmers. Maybe specialized in AI or physics. Wouldn't hurt.
b) take the designers and let them start to work on (Story-)DLCs for CP2077. Or Witcher 4.

Well there was a team of people making these models and adding the voice acting to these characters. That's work effort taken away from other aspects of the game.

I just think CDPR was focusing on this aspect and not about the real problems with the game.

No, it's not.

Because the modelers working on these models are NOT coders. They're NOT writers. They're NOT quest designers. They're modelers.

They make models. CDPR doesn't re-assign them to a coding team when they think they have enough models, they don't have the expertise to be on said team. Voice-actors, voice act. That is it.

Once you think you have enough models, you either put them to work on other models for future plans or you fire them. Firing them is a bad long term plan.

The game's issues are not it's aesthetics design or models or it's voice-acting. These guys couldn't have possibly changed anything.

People have this weird notion that developers are weirdly interchangeable. They're not.

You wouldn't ask the receptionist at your mechanic's to work on your car just because she works for a mechanic would you?
Post automatically merged:

Two options:
a) less designers for modelling, more programmers. Maybe specialized in AI or physics. Wouldn't hurt.
b) take the designers and let them start to work on (Story-)DLCs for CP2077. Or Witcher 4.

See my above post.

EDIT: I will add that CDPR has already stated that throwing more bodies at the issues wouldn't have fixed the issues in time either. There is such a thing as having too many people working on the same thing and it only slows things down.

I have my problems with big acts in a game like Keanu Reeves, thats to much. But some short Quests are totaly fine with me. Everything is possible in Night City.

breaking the world and it's story atmosphere

oh boy...you have problems with Eastereggs and the Roach game too?

are you serious ?
are you folks already so damn bored of bitching about the real bugs and missing content that you discuss about some celebs being 'honored' by CDPR by adding them to the game as NPCs ?
what's next ? a complaint that CDPR wasted time on creating some easter eggs or cross references to either games (GTA), movies (Blade Runner) or real people (Syd Mead) who didn't make it into the game.

that's sad .

Top Bottom