Why is there influencers in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
I really wonder if CDPR ever had this conversation:

“So, we would love to have you in our game...
You sign... here and here.... great... here is your money

Btw... you are aware about Mods, right?
You know what they are gonna do with your character... right?”

See my above post.
You say the same thing like me in b) with more words.
EDIT: I will add that CDPR has already stated that throwing more bodies at the issues wouldn't have fixed the issues in time either. There is such a thing as having too many people working on the same thing and it only slows things down.
RDR2 had over 3000 people in this project in 4-5 locations. CP2077 500-800? And although RDR2 wasn't perfect at release it wasn't that broken. It has something to do with time, planning, projectmanagment, qualified employees and - the correct priorities.

Guest 3573786

Because hype. All it does for me is break immersion; still hoping there will be mods that removed them.
I'd rather cdpr spent all the money and effort they used for implementing these people into making the game have even one less bug, or have one more quest, or having one more char customization option... any of that would be better.

For example: Would you imagine a Witcher-world where pewdiepie would show up as a mage to help Gerald ?

To me this is overall ridiculous idea to add some youtube/twitch people to a game. Sure point to pre-marketing, but is it really wise in long run?
Witcher 3 had cameos too (most likely voice acting).

They should've openly sold slots in the game.
Pedestrian, Merchant, Ripperdoc, JoyToy, Romance, etc..

I would've paid to be a romance.

Maybe they could've hired more people and had more features by release...

Blatant marketing, that's why. If internet is right, they spent $200 mil. on promotion of the game. It's 2 times more than actual development budget. Looking at these numbers it makes sense they couldn't delay the game any further. Release it in any state while the hype is at it's highest.

I recognized a few internet celebrities, but I bet I missed a lot more.

Well. Keanu Reaves and Alanah Pearce are the only ones I knew before the game released.

Keanu Reaves is an understandable idea, because he basicay is the face of cyberpunk in cinema. Grimes? No fucking clue but at least she is a real celebrity.

Pearce and all the other influences and streamers are absolutely there for marketing, since they are absolutely interchangeable and nobody would notice.

So, us here on this forum.

We're a niche of a niche of a niche. We're such a deep niche of gamers that we forget that most people will never even sign up for a game forum, yet alone participate in a game discussion beyond at most clicking like on a social media post.

The gamers that do engage with the game and the community, have their preferred source. A few streamers, a few YouTubers, maybe a website, or any another influencer on another social media platform.

Having those people in the game does two things. The obvious is that it markets the game to those fans of those influencers, but the other is it's a way to keep engaged with where the broadest section of fans are, the fans who are in large groups talking about the game, and keeping relationships with those influencers is a good thing.

Again. Despite these being the games forums we are a tiny small minority of the total people who have bought this game. Most, in 2020 and onwards - will be engaged with influencers.
Post automatically merged:

Blatant marketing, that's why. If internet is right, they spent $200 mil. on promotion of the game. It's 2 times more than actual development budget. Looking at these numbers it makes sense they couldn't delay the game any further. Release it in any state while the hype is at it's highest.

I recognized a few internet celebrities, but I bet I missed a lot more.

I'm always curious when I see that marketing number come up.

Outside of YouTubers speculating - I didn't see any marketing beyond a magazine advertisement shortly before release.

At least here in Australia there didn't seem to be a lot - did anyone in other countries see a lot of marketing?

Last edited:
I'm always curious when I see that marketing number come up.

Outside of YouTubers speculating - I didn't see any marketing beyond a magazine advertisement shortly before release.

At least here in Australia there didn't seem to be a lot - did anyone in other countries see a lot of marketing?
It was HUGE here in America. Entire ads on Times Square in New York and whole bus ads, bus stop ads and so on

It was HUGE here in America. Entire ads on Times Square in New York and whole bus ads, bus stops ads and so on
Ahh - I take it back then - Looks like a huge focus on North America then. That would have been costly AF.

Edit : Also hilariously ironic being a game focused on being very anti-hyper capitalism.

Last edited:
So before the game even released, everybody who has asked to be in the game world told in they're platforms that they are gonna be in the game. Sure it will create even more buzz around the game, but do we really need this?

So now easter egg are not good, but hey lets get more panam and Judy so i can ***** them 24/7 all day long (cyberpunk cit.) they are very important -_-

A bit cringe considering how buggy and unfinished the game is. It might not have affected development much, but it isn't a good look.

They definitely didn't need to do this. The game was already over-hyped to begin with, and CDPR was printing money with pre-orders. Too bad they fucked it up and got pulled from the playstation store.

Maybe they'll be able to manage their priorities better in future.

Marketing reasons. Give them a cameo and -well- they'll start talking about your videogame with their followers, etc...

A professor of mine once told us "You can tell there is a problem with a product when who is behind it spends more money to convince customers it's a good product rather than investing that money in making a good one".

Instead of having "famous influencer" in the game they should put TW-characters there with a nice quest.
Like:
"There is this young woman called Ciri, who has a fight with her daddy Geralt, who is grumpy and in love with two other women... V, what will you do?"
and so on. :)
I wish that as an DLCs!!!

Does anyone here know if you can kill Alanah Pearce in that quest because GODDAMN she was annoying in that quest. "Uhm I repaired this car but I will sell it to you for 100€$"

Top Bottom