Why is there influencers in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
The three male character presets for V are Joe, Other Joe and Alex from angry joe show. Angry Joe was also in Witcher 3, did the voice over for a troll.

Here is a video of him visiting the CDPR and meeting with Ivinsky when they were not that big of a company yet (note that the name of the video is an hint to the title of Witcher 3, which was not revealed until 1 year later).

The three male character presets for V are Joe, Other Joe and Alex from angry joe show. Angry Joe was also in Witcher 3, did the voice over for a troll.

Here is a video of him visiting the CDPR and meeting with Ivinsky when they were not that big of a company yet (note that the name of the video is an hint to the title of Witcher 3, which was not revealed until 1 year later).

Who are the presets for miss V? Do I even want to know?

Still used up resources for literally no reason.
Wasted $$$ is still wasted $$$.

Yes, a few thousand dollars at worst. Even if it was a hundred thousand. It's out of a 347 million dollar game.

It's still a drop of water the sea. A drop that wouldn't have changed anything.

I get that trying to find a culprit, or a reason, is basic human behavior and that hating on CDPR is the hip thing to do right now but let's be objective here. This is not the reason we got the game we got.

WHY IS THERE INFLUENCERS IN CYBERPUNK 2077?
download.jpg

It's crazy to think that we have for example: simplistic AI (traffic, cops, normal NPC's etc), twins all over the map, worldmap with actual holes, items you cannot pick but have symbols for picking and not to even mention all bug's and glitches evem on PC. I have to save and load the game multiple times to fix visual bugs

I prefer NINA to this and My playthrough was flawless on pc . I didn't run into any tech or quality issues during my personal play though on PC

This is a non-sensical argument.

The people modeling these faces in the game are not the same ones who could've fixed the AI or fixed any of the real issues the game has.

These influencer didn't cost enough to influence development either.
Some products are so good they sell themselves, other products need celebrities and influencers to sell them. CDPR knew their Cyberpunk 2077 would not sell itself because it wasn't a good product so they got celebrities and influencers to use their image to sell the product and build hype. My point is that it isn't about the resource cost but rather the poor product though to expect anything else from a corporation would be insane.

Some products are so good they sell themselves, other products need celebrities and influencers to sell them. CDPR knew their Cyberpunk 2077 would not sell itself because it wasn't a good product so they got celebrities and influencers to use their image to sell the product and build hype. My point is that it isn't about the resource cost but rather the poor product though to expect anything else from a corporation would be insane.

Totally disagree.

As far as I know, and can find, influencers only started announcing/being announced to be in the game back in June 2020.

The hype was very real way before that.

Even Keanu being in the game was only announced in 2019. CP2077 was highly popular way before that.

Celebrities or influencers were not selling points at any one point. At best Keanu was a bonus to some and "Huh? Cool" moment for most but hardly something that sold games.

Somebody just cannot understand a sarcastic comment. :confused:

But I cannot wait a mod where you can remove these NPC's from the gameplay.

Totally disagree.

As far as I know, and can find, influencers only started announcing/being announced to be in the game back in June 2020.

The hype was very real way before that.

Even Keanu being in the game was only announced in 2019. CP2077 was highly popular way before that.

Celebrities or influencers were not selling points at any one point. At best Keanu was a bonus to some and "Huh? Cool" moment for most but hardly something that sold games.
That's an observation of the situation but not the only one. CDPR needed reassurance towards the end because that's when reality was going to come down like a planet shattering meteor from space, that's why they played the influencer cards at the end of the marketing campaign. I'm not saying CDPR used Keanu and influencers primarily and directly to sell games, rather the celebrity of Keanu was used like a seal of quality and reassurance and influencers were used to keep people excited by having people who were genuinely thankful to be included express their genuine excitement which is contagious. They played the influencer card at the end because that's when it was needed.

All the world's a stage, and just like wrestingling fans many people enjoy the show so much they've forgotten it's a show. When it comes to corporations, everything is well calculated and done for a reason. There is always someone who is the strategist planning the battle.

LOL seriously, there are 'influencers' in this game? I haven't recognised a single person in the game other than Johnny
Same for me. I don't know any "influencers", so I don't recognise them when they appear in the game. So, every time I come across an NPC that doesn't sound like a trained voice actor, I can assume it's some sort of internet celebrity?
So, us here on this forum.

We're a niche of a niche of a niche. We're such a deep niche of gamers that we forget that most people will never even sign up for a game forum, yet alone participate in a game discussion beyond at most clicking like on a social media post.
Well, for me forums are the way to connect with people of a certain interest, a game in this case, and exchange opinions. Back when I started gaming, the only way to do that was writing a readers letter to a gaming magazine or getting involved in a newsgroup. Then forums became more widespread and I got stuck with them, as I don't use any social media. I don't get what's the benefit of it.
I'm always curious when I see that marketing number come up.

Outside of YouTubers speculating - I didn't see any marketing beyond a magazine advertisement shortly before release.

At least here in Australia there didn't seem to be a lot - did anyone in other countries see a lot of marketing?
I didn't notice any advertisement either. Somehow I was aware that the game was highly anticipated and really hyped up, but I never noticed any active marketing except on steam, but that's a shop, so adverts are to be expected.

That's an observation of the situation but not the only one. CDPR needed reassurance towards the end because that's when reality was going to come down like a planet shattering meteor from space, that's why they played the influencer cards at the end of the marketing campaign. I'm not saying CDPR used Keanu and influencers primarily and directly to sell games, rather the celebrity of Keanu was used like a seal of quality and reassurance and influencers were used to keep people excited by having people who were genuinely thankful to be included express their genuine excitement which is contagious. They played the influencer card at the end because that's when it was needed.

All the world's a stage, and just like wrestingling fans many people enjoy the show so much they've forgotten it's a show. When it comes to corporations, everything is well calculated and done for a reason. There is always someone who is the strategist planning the battle.

While I can agree it's definitely a marketing strategy to, as you say, add a bit of a seal of quality to the product I still thoroughly disagree with your assesment.

I'd argue that their previous reputation and some public statements they made regarding their own work ethics and goals with making games played a much, much, bigger role in applying said seal.

These celebrities and influencers were not needed, not even a little.

While I can agree it's definitely a marketing strategy to, as you say, add a bit of a seal of quality to the product I still thoroughly disagree with your assesment.

I'd argue that their previous reputation and some public statements they made regarding their own work ethics and goals with making games played a much, much, bigger role in applying said seal.

These celebrities and influencers were not needed, not even a little.
Before the game was launched many people were already highly suspicious of the situation through all the delays which were a huge clue something was off, throw in the fact that early reviewers were only allowed to use B roll footage and console reviews were not allowed and the suspicion even started to grow in people who don't ask questions.

So they were not needed for everyone as some people don't ask too many questions and tend to accept whatever illusion they present but for others they were needed. CDPR knew their previous reputation was about to become just that, previous. Even though their reputation is gone, they still by some illusory and false sense still have the reputation of Keanu Reeves which they purchased to lean on and they also have the social media influencers who since being in the game themselves are much more likely to defend or at the very least criticize CDPR with marshmallow gloves. CDPR's hopes are of course that the influencers will "influence" others to do the same.

EDIT: Basically, those who plan, plan to win and those who don't plan, plan to lose.

Before the game was launched many people were already highly suspicious of the situation through all the delays which were a huge clue something was off, throw in the fact that early reviewers were only allowed to use B roll footage and console reviews were not allowed and the suspicion even started to grow in people who don't ask questions.

So they were not needed for everyone as some people don't ask too many questions and tend to accept whatever illusion they present but for others they were needed. CDPR knew their previous reputation was about to become just that, previous. Even though their reputation is gone, they still by some illusory and false sense still have the reputation of Keanu Reeves which they purchased to lean on and they also have the social media influencers who since being in the game themselves are much more likely to defend or at the very least criticize CDPR with marshmallow gloves. CDPR's hopes are of course that the influencers will "influence" others to do the same.

EDIT: Basically, those who plan, plan to win and those who don't plan, plan to lose.

I guess we'll have to go with the good old agree to disagree.

Influencers?! :ROFLMAO: Must have missed 'em.
Exactly, same for me. The only one I am aware of is Angry Joe, but just because he very briefly mentioned it in one of his video. If you do not kwnow them, you will not distinguish them from normal actors.

I do not understand why some people are so bothered by this. Maybe they know and recognize some influencers but hate them?

Top Bottom