What are the odds of this happening?

+
It's Nil v Nil. My opponent has an Enslave deck, I believe, and they can snare any 6 power unit.

So, I plant a Defender down. They play a card which allows them to damage any unit by the power of a randomly selected card in their deck. Tibor is randomly selected. Bang. My Defender is gone.

They play a unit which is boosted by the power of a randomly selected card in their deck. Their 1 power unit 'randomly' selects Tibor.

Their very last card in round 3 allows them to draw a card from their deck, maybe (I didn't make a note) and...guess who they drew? No points for guessing "Tibor".

This might all have been in round 3, round 2 at the earliest. If it was in round 3, then, the loss of my Defender meant that I subsequently lost Cahir or whatever his name is, so he didn't get any sympathy boosts that my opponent's 1 power card got.

This all seems very suss. Less like "random", more like "troll".

More so if this was the game where they could create a card from my deck or whatever and...BANG. They got Tibor.

TFBS.

HAHAHAHAH

The first time ive faced that deck i have The same feeling.

Maybe you dindt noticed, but your opponent was problably thinning his deck until The only Unit card left om his deck was tiibor.

This is The NG hyperthin deck. The idea is use a lot of tatical cards and only a few units. Só you thin your deck untill only left tibor, thats why "randomly" choose tibor

ya1

Forum regular
It's the old hyperthin. First, it's on Enslave 6 so they got minimum number of units to begin with. Second, it's their wincon to thin the units out so that Tibor (and/or Golem) are the only units left in deck for Triss, Yen, Xart (or what's his name) and Volz played on own unit. Nothing to see.

The loss of my Defender meant that I subsequently lost Cahir

Poor you.

If it's NG on NG, mill him in to oblivion! Or mix it up and stuff his deck full of random garbage with viper witchers and coated weapons ... Fun!

Haven't seen this deck in a while ... probably because of the reasons above :)

HAHAHAHAH

The first time ive faced that deck i have The same feeling.

Maybe you dindt noticed, but your opponent was problably thinning his deck until The only Unit card left om his deck was tiibor.

This is The NG hyperthin deck. The idea is use a lot of tatical cards and only a few units. Só you thin your deck untill only left tibor, thats why "randomly" choose tibor

I mentioned that they had Seize 6 power, so that would be a minimum units decks, I'd say. Not exactly a mathematical answer but it would be good to have one, which might not be possible as I wasn't making a note of everything that they played.

Anyway, it was in my mind that my opponent MIGHT have had a very good chance of doing what they did but seeing as I don't have notes on what cards they played, I still have the suspicion that their draws were bullshit! I.e. not random, but something that the game deliberately did on purpose just to piss me off. Like it does with matchmaking!
Post automatically merged:

If it's NG on NG, mill him in to oblivion! Or mix it up and stuff his deck full of random garbage with viper witchers and coated weapons ... Fun!

Haven't seen this deck in a while ... probably because of the reasons above :)

I can't say for sure that they didn't have conflicting cards, i.e. ones which put random garbage in your deck and ones which depleted your deck. If they did, maybe that makes what they did less likely?

As for stuffing their deck with random garbage like Viper Witcher, that does the opposite, right? I.e. I'm reducing the size of their deck by playing that unit.

I did have a go at making such a deck before I posted this threat, to make a play with the Kolgrim card but I didn't twig straight away that I had conflicting cards to make use of him, i.e. I'd be shooting myself in the foot by playing Viper Witcher and Coated Weapons. Not returned to that deck yet. Maybe I should try and manufacture some of those faddish decks just to get the hang of them and maybe learn counters to them.

Last edited:
I mentioned that they had Seize 6 power, so that would be a minimum units decks, I'd say. Not exactly a mathematical answer but it would be good to have one, which might not be possible as I wasn't making a note of everything that they played.

Anyway, it was in my mind that my opponent MIGHT have had a very good chance of doing what they did but seeing as I don't have notes on what cards they played, I still have the suspicion that their draws were bullshit! I.e. not random, but something that the game deliberately did on purpose just to piss me off. Like it does with matchmaking!
Post automatically merged:

I can't say for sure that they didn't have conflicting cards, i.e. ones which put random garbage in your deck and ones which depleted your deck. If they did, maybe that makes what they did less likely?

As for stuffing their deck with random garbage like Viper Witcher, that does the opposite, right? I.e. I'm reducing the size of their deck by playing that unit.

I did have a go at making such a deck before I posted this threat, to make a play with the Kolgrim card but I didn't twig straight away that I had conflicting cards to make use of him, i.e. I'd be shooting myself in the foot by playing Viper Witcher and Coated Weapons. Not returned to that deck yet. Maybe I should try and manufacture some of those faddish decks just to get the hang of them and maybe learn counters to them.
Well, you can belive in Santa claus or un The grinch, i dont care.

The fact is, your opponent was using eslave with 12 Tactical cards and 13 units. He mill his deck to only have tibor in his deck, that stratagema its old and a lot of players use it.

[...]
, but you should know that If you were playing for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you can belive in Santa claus or un The grinch, i dont care.

The fact is, your opponent was using eslave with 12 Tactical cards and 13 units. He mill his deck to only have tibor in his deck, that stratagema its old and a lot of players use it.

[...], but you should know that If you were playing for a while.

I haven't had a game where it played out so effectively for my opponent. That's new for me.

Top Bottom