Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Character creator.
-Narrator: What you choose here will unlock posibilitys later in the game.
-3rd person cutscenes.
-Narrator: Cyberpunk 2077 is a first person role playing game.
-Unique takedowns.
-NPCs actualy doing something other then standing around.
-Reflex booster.
-One night stands.
-Walking around apartment 3rd person.
-Stats on weapons other then DPS.
-Narrator: Since cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG.
-Person on lazymobile.
-Narrator: A BIG part of our RPG Experience, is having a world that is interactive.
-Narrator: We have greatly enhanced crowd and community systems.

Thats just from the first 15mins of the 48min gameplay showcase. Im not sure people are seeing the same video anymore. Heck, they dont even call it an rpg anymore.

I already mentioned it before, but it feels a bit like a cruel joke. Visuals remained almost as good as in early promos, in some respects even better, but game systems were scaled waaaay down.

Simple time crunch factor. Without the time they really needed to flesh out all the systems they wanted, the devs simply took a "get it working" approach rather than "make it great" imo.

I can honestly see several things in the game get more "fleshed out" as time goes on and efforts are made to improve it. Things such as the vendors, where a simple overlay menu would "work" better than a completely separate UI interface. But an overlay can kill performance so it needs to be done as efficient as possible.

That kind of thing takes a little more time and finesse.

There are little things missing that makes a huge diffence in the whole game. As far I remember the wallclimbing is in this video and the flathead as a kind of "pet". Not in the game.
A ONS? sneaking out the appartment. The romance options in the current game are... thin. Visitors in Vs apartment. Not in the game (just as bug).
NPC full day-night circle. In the game: Idle their route day and night.
Shooting as the driver out of the driving car. Not in the game.
Last but not least cutscenes. I wouldn't have bought the game if I knew that it will beginning to almost end (40 sek. max). FPS. Not in the game.
etc.pp.

I think this points are significantly. But at least Jackie didn't walk trough the wardrobe shoving a ton of paper in the air. That feature I (and a few others) had.

Where was the bot suggested to be some type of pet system? that scene plays the same as Ingame.

the visitor and teeth brushing are clearly a cutscene, not some type of gameplay footage or feature.
many npcs have day/night routines.

they got rid of mantis wall running, but we got double jump, air evasion, hovering, and super jump, not limited by arm weapon choice.

I will say, they removed 3rd person cutscenes, even though 98% of the video is first person, I don't think people wanting third person gameplay would be satisfied with a few 3rd person scenes once in awhile.

regardless, those are changes that one might expect 2 years before the game comes out. They are not presenting some inaccurate fantasy

Simple time crunch factor. Without the time they really needed to flesh out all the systems they wanted, the devs simply took a "get it working" approach rather than "make it great" imo.

I can honestly see several things in the game get more "fleshed out" as time goes on and efforts are made to improve it. Things such as the vendors, where a simple overlay menu would "work" better than a completely separate UI interface. But an overlay can kill performance so it needs to be done as efficient as possible.

That kind of thing takes a little more time and finesse.
Sure, it's obvious. If the actual devs, not management, thought the game will be ready by 2022, and devs are optimistic about schedule, I'm really baffled by April 2020 initial release date. It's like management and the regular devs were living in parallel realities... With all the scope, ambition and detail they were advertising, I don't get this... I want to think different, but it all feels like a serious case of delusional disorder (because they pulled of Witcher 3) or legit shady tactic (we will figure it along the way, we can get away with it).

And do you remember the attitude through the last few years? We leave greed to others. We don't crunch...

They will be improving something, quality of life things... But how are they going to fix the broken trust, their reputation? I have no idea. There's only one way - return majority of advertised features. And it's a massive uphill battle. If they won't do it, it will be a really, really sad case.

Gaming journalism was born at time of end of journalism. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Still waiting for a serious website that give serious neutral reviews.

I think the problem is the internet. back in the days of paper, they clearly differentiated between impressions and reviews, they specified exactly what the game was running on, (gfx card and cpu even) actively compared console versions. And the writer generally did not extrapolate, or talk about things they hadn't played, or seen themselves, or add their expectations or hopes/theories to the mix.

There are also other interesting lines in the article.

So they basically pulled an Anthem move on players (fully scripted fake gameplay demo).

For those whom point to the "work in progress" part: yeah, work in progress as in: final game will be much improved upon what is being shown in every aspect, not as in "game will be 100% a downgrade in each and every single thing shown in the demo". People should always expect the final product to be a full upgrade and to have more features than what any trailer and demo shows, never the other way around.
Post automatically merged:

I agree, at this point: fix bugs of this version, release modding tools and just re release the game in 2022. A full overhaul, a re release, is what this game really needs to fulfill all of it's intended potential.

Fix the Bugs, do a shit with DLC timelines etc...

Just do a second release in 2 Years and let have the modders there fun with CP atm. (Learn there too)

It's to much what CP needed.

When I finished my playthrough in December, achievement for finishing the game was above 20% and that stat includes all generations of Xbox. I can't say anything about PS and there are issues, but my game wasn't anything like unplayable and achievement data shows that I weren't the only one.

There are bugs but this was still in way better shape in release than Wasteland 3 for example.

Fascinating read.

So yeah, no way around it. That anonymous report, that was confirmed by Shreier, was real. They had to complete the game in 1 freaking year..... No wonder everything fascinating about the game got the knife. On top of being understaffed for a project of this scope, organization was poor as well.

No game of this scope should ever, ever, be release before at least four years of full time hands on true development. What they did is just sad and very disappointing.

T
It feels like all of this hype around CD Project faults made up to make them fall and than someone like EA or Activision buy them cheap. So much games releasing now with major problems, but never heard about any courts from investors and mentioning in major media. All hounds are runnig for CD Project in one moment, not fair for this company. Wish developers to get out from that shit.
Yup, they are indeed getting way too much heat.

That said, it's all their own fault, they deliberately chose to release the game with less than two years of true actual development, and as I said before for a game like this one four years of full time hands on development would be barely enough.

They had the choice, they should have been honest and delayed the game for AT THE VERY LEAST another six months.

So they basically pulled an Anthem move on players (fully scripted fake gameplay demo).

For those whom point to the "work in progress" part: yeah, work in progress as in: final game will be much improved upon what is being shown in every aspect, not as in "game will be 100% a downgrade in each and every single thing shown in the demo". People should always expect the final product to be a full upgrade and to have more features than what any trailer and demo shows, never the other way around.

I agree, at this point: fix bugs of this version, release modding tools and just re release the game in 2022. A full overhaul, a re release, is what this game really needs to fulfill all of it's intended potential.

once again the 2018 demo is extremely accurate to the 2018 release, and no it wasn't a bunch of downgrades. Watch the video.
changes are UI
quickhacking available without monowire
wall bouncing removed from mantis blades in exchange for double jump, hoverjump, and superjump for all
random encounters
3rd person cutscenes once in awhile.

thats it. of all of those, the biggest one is random encounters, the rest just evolved out of the game.

once again the 2018 demo is extremely accurate to the 2018 release, and no it wasn't a bunch of downgrades. Watch the video.
changes are UI
quickhacking available without monowire
wall bouncing removed from mantis blades in exchange for double jump, hoverjump, and superjump for all
random encounters
3rd person cutscenes once in awhile.

thats it. of all of those, the biggest one is random encounters, the rest just evolved out of the game.
Listen to the narrator, please.

It's not close, the animations, everything... it's all a farcry from the released game.

Simultaneously developing the game and implementing its engine...a bold move that backfired, it seems.
Agreed. They should have either used the old TW3 engine or taken their time.

-Character creator.
-Narrator: What you choose here will unlock posibilitys later in the game.
-3rd person cutscenes.
-Narrator: Cyberpunk 2077 is a first person role playing game.
-Unique takedowns.
-NPCs actualy doing something other then standing around.
-Reflex booster.
-One night stands.
-Walking around apartment 3rd person.
-Stats on weapons other then DPS.
-Narrator: Since cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG.
-Person on lazymobile.
-Narrator: A BIG part of our RPG Experience, is having a world that is interactive.
-Narrator: We have greatly enhanced crowd and community systems.

Thats just from the first 15mins of the 48min gameplay showcase. Im not sure people are seeing the same video anymore. Heck, they dont even call it an rpg anymore.
Yup, almost everything changed and for the worst. And they not calling an RPG is a big red light alerting players something is wrong.

TW1 had unterwater city removed from ch.4.
TW2 had the entire chapter removed from the game.
TW3 had the subplot related to plague in Velen removed (including Iorveth). Monsters were also supposed to have multiple hitboxes and weak points. It was removed.

Want a game with no cut content? Have fun playing Star Citizen.

To be fair, TW3 didn't have guards spawn from nowhere anywhere you were in the game world and try to blindly kill you if you accidently bumped a pedestrian whilst galloping about on Roach either. Let's talk immersion in a dystopian worl..... Oh nevermind....

I'm not saying the Bloomberg write-up has any accuracy to it. In the current times "reporting" deals less with facts and more with pushing agendas. It's not a stretch to assume incompetence is involved somewhere along the chain though. Otherwise there wouldn't be an official apology and a game outright pulled from specific hardware platforms.

Sure, it's obvious. If the actual devs, not management, thought the game will be ready by 2022, and devs are optimistic about schedule, I'm really baffled by April 2020 initial release date. It's like management and the regular devs were living in parallel realities... With all the scope, ambition and detail they were advertising, I don't get this... I want to think different, but it all feels like a serious case of delusional disorder (because they pulled of Witcher 3) or legit shady tactic (we will figure it along the way, we can get away with it).

And do you remember the attitude through the last few years? We leave greed to others. We don't crunch...

They will be improving something, quality of life things... But how are they going to fix the broken trust, their reputation? I have no idea. There's only one way - return majority of advertised features. And it's a massive uphill battle. If they won't do it, it will be a really, really sad case.
100% agreed. But they probably won't bother doing it. So it will probably be sold cheap to some other studio and then they go the way of Bioware and it's bye bye CDPR : (

The "BioWare Magic" that saved DA 3 and ruined Andromeda & Anthem is rubbing off on CDPR. "We made The Witcher 3", true but you have to remember: you are still an indie studio not an EA or Activision sub studio.

I guess "The Witcher Magic" didn't work out this time. I hope they learn the lesson this time.

Listen to the narrator, please.

It's not close, the animations, everything... it's all a farcry from the released game.

Agreed. They should have either used the old TW3 engine or taken their time.

Yup, almost everything changed and for the worst. And they not calling an RPG is a big red light alerting players something is wrong.

what animations you mean the 3rd person cutscenes? The narrator is talking about what he is showing you, you get to see what he means in game you don't have to imagine what he means by char customization, they show you it. You don't have to imagine what effect streetkid has, you see it in the dialog option.

I watched the video and listened to the narrator. Its the same game.

if the narrator is explaining something to you, and showing it to you at the same time, you should be combining the info.

Last edited:
This journalist and I use the term loosely is no different than any YouTube content creator. They will say whatever they think will get them the most views. Truth and accuracy is irrelevant since they will always fall back to the "it's my opinion" cop out when called to task for what they wrote. I would suggest that each of you use your intellect and form your own opinion of what CDPR delivered.

Watch this below video, It was created by an amateur for fun.

cyberpunk street level
via @YouTube

Yes, its nice. But he/she build it from several assets packs, not really the author of hte models/materials/textures.... Msot (if not all) packs are made by Epic... not exactly amateurs or indie.
And it is still not exactly clear how much work would be needed to have it-game (optimalisation, navmesh,... etc)

This is how why people should be carefull to judge things.

Well the interview basically almost nullifies everything from the "apology" from the CEO.

At this point, i lost all trust in CDPR.
They say they didnt knew the game would be this buggy and messy? Lie. Even in the Apology he lied.

CDPR became just like any other studio at this point.

I lost all faith in this company. Well.. whatever.. i will just move on and never buy anything from them again.

Commitment to Quality? Literally a meme by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom