How to appear sword in cutscene?

+
How to appear sword in cutscene?

I've a problem.I don't know how to appear the geralt's swords during the cutscene, and hold them during the aniomations.Can anybody help me? ;D

There is a bug that let Djinni crash when you create a placeable in the cutscene editor. So I recommend to open a area and place for example a m0_blocker01 somewhere (at best a place the player could in game not see). Open its properties and change the model name to that of the item you need. (With the pictures you can download here, you find the name) Now save the module and open your cutscene. Click on the placeable/item and inserte a hookpoint and a parent at 0. Click the hookpoint and chose the part of the characters body the item should be hooked (for example rhand) on. Click the parent and choose the character the item should be hooked on. And your character has his item.

Guest 2005166

NayAva said:
There is a bug that let Djinni crash when you create a placeable in the cutscene editor. So I recommend to open a area and place for example a m0_blocker01 somewhere (at best a place the player could in game not see). Open its properties and change the model name to that of the item you need. (With the pictures you can download here, you find the name) Now save the module and open your cutscene. Click on the placeable/item and inserte a hookpoint and a parent at 0. Click the hookpoint and chose the part of the characters body the item should be hooked (for example rhand) on. Click the parent and choose the character the item should be hooked on. And your character has his item.
Interesting. It crashes on your machine? On mine, Djinni simply starts a dialogue and tells me, there are no placeables! (although there is of course a folder containing them).

Hey, Unkreativ... I have the same message... before it crashes. ;)Do you know how to get this folder and make it run correctly?There is also a crash every time, when I try to open: Cutscene/ animation sets, I couldn't find out yet, for what this is and how to add animations there without crashing.Maybe someone can tell me, if and for what it is needed?

Guest 2005166

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Hey, Unkreativ... I have the same message... before it crashes. ;)Do you know how to get this folder and make it run correctly?There is also a crash every time, when I try to open: Cutscene/ animation sets, I couldn't find out yet, for what this is and how to add animations there without crashing.Maybe someone can tell me, if and for what it is needed?
well, I still have not found the problem for the placeables - I must check first the new Djinni for what it does now. For Animation sets - Make a folder - called animation sets - I saved it in the cutscene(s) folder. Then search for all files with the ".mba" ending (about 30/50? forgot how many there are) This won´t help you much for now, because Djinni accepts .mda files. You can see that file format, when you open for instance Geralt´s model in Djinni and try to add new animations to him. I did the following then - and I was pretty frustrated this time, because of the stupid crashes I had: I renamed all the .mba files to mda files, copied them to the animation set folder and tried it in Djinni again. Don´t ask me why, but Djinni then accepted the files and didn´t crash anymore when I touched the animation sets!

Hehehe... what a nice solution... :pWell, as soon as I get the EE installed and working, I'll try it out.... or maybe I should now do it and wait until the problems with the EE are all solved. ::)However, thanks

Top Bottom