Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to explain what this has to do with bias in your opinion?

As I said I don't care about his ego, I want proper investigative journalism and this is what he does.
I even dare say that he is also right about the apology vid throwing the QA tester team under the bus by proxy.

Sure if they would showcase it as a "prototype" and tell people this is the idea/vision we have. We will give you actualy gameplay soon! But that wasn't the case was it?
Watch it again please.

"WORK IN PROGRESS, DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME"

Yeah this looks like a company ruining story. They will be sued by everybody and their reputation is tarnished for good. Don't expect this game to be fixed, move on.... Best thing they can do is sell the rights to the game so that some other studio can fix it.
I still have hope for this game

Start by the fact that "anonymous sources" provides a wide berth to conflate cause and effect without the burden of proof.

What is damning without providing names is to gain internal documentation proving a very provocative and unproven statement, that the 2018 demo was entirely fake.

Otherwise, it's simply hearsay.

Can we get over that lazy excuse please? That line still indicates that this is a slice from the already existing game. The fact that this was a seperate project entirely makes it "fake".
Separate project? What are you talking about? Do you know what a reusable prototype is in software development? You are being misled by a journalist that jumps to easy conclusion without any understanding of how software development works.

Taken by the letter it means that is a CGI video, not a playable videogame with an engine, 3d graphic etcc... Games with bad graphic tends to do this, but this is clearly not the case.

Also, he does not say who is source is, so nobody can verify his words.

Not really.
He calls it a vertical slide. Meaning it was something playable, but simply not finished.
E.g. instead of having a general AI that will have a car chase you down, they'll script up a scene in which a specific car will chase you - which is exactly (and saddly) what is in the game itself.
It also means people are writing code and designing levels (wallclimbing + specific walls to use that on), which are thrown away afterwards, as they need to implement it in the right way (if at all).
And seeing how similar what was shown is to the actual game map and sotryline - it's very likely a copy, paste + patching holes from the actual development at the time.

Separate project? What are you talking about? Do you know what a reusable prototype is in software development? You are being misled by a journalist that jumps to easy conclusion without any understanding of how software development works.
Perhaps project wasn't the right word to use. I am not in any way informed in game development practices. I am just trying to explain what the article is saying.
Post automatically merged:

Not really.
He calls it a vertical slide. Meaning it was something playable, but simply not finished.
E.g. instead of having a general AI that will have a car chase you down, they'll script up a scene in which a specific car will chase you - which is exactly (and saddly) what is in the game itself.
It also means people are writing code and designing levels (wallclimbing + specific walls to use that on), which are thrown away afterwards, as they need to implement it in the right way (if at all).
And seeing how similar what was shown is to the actual game map and sotryline - it's very likely a copy, paste + patching holes from the actual development at the time.
Thanks for explaining better than I ever could.

Not really.
So they have built a prototype of the game. And this is a bad thing because?

Start by the fact that "anonymous sources" provides a wide berth to conflate cause and effect without the burden of proof.

What is damning without providing names is to gain internal documentation proving a very provocative and unproven statement, that the 2018 demo was entirely fake.

Otherwise, it's simply hearsay.
I mean anon sources is not really unheard of, especially if they wanna keep their carrier in the gaming industry. The matter of the fact is that this guy has ben proven to be trustworthy so far.

His comme
Care to explain what this has to do with bias in your opinion?

As I said I don't care about his ego, I want proper investigative journalism and this is what he does.
is it? For me this is just Reddit rumors wrapped up in the Bloomberg article.

three things that are a red flags for me
1. Publication article 1 month After release about something that should be well known for him for months.
2. Publication shortly after Marcin Iwinski video with apology and roadmap.
3. Rather laughable info about salaries in QA tasting in Poland. Srlsy with those numbers that he wrote CDPR wouldn’t find testers even even in high schools.

i learned not to expect any meaningful informations from free to read “articles”. They are mostly clickbaits with shallow informations.

if you don't pay for the product you are the product

Not really.
But you say it yourself, it all ended up in the final game, the demo itself was just propped up with elbow grease and duct tape though, so calling it deceptive? sure, but fake?

His comme

is it? For me this is just Reddit rumors wrapped up in the Bloomberg article.

three things that are a red flags for me
1. Publication article 1 month After release about something that should be well known for him for months.
2. Publication shortly after Marcin Iwinski video with apology and roadmap.
3. Rather laughable info about salaries in QA tasting in Poland. Srlsy with those numbers that he wrote CDPR wouldn’t find testers even even in high schools.
You really understimate worker explotations in eastern europe lol And I don't see the issue with the publication dates. Care to explain?

You really understimate worker explotations in eastern europe lol And I don't see the issue with the publication dates. Care to explain?

because is it better to admit your faults before someone else makes them public?

So... basically what many of us figured out just by playing the game and comparing it to the marketing materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom