Will CP2077 be downloadable when I switch to PS5

+
I bought and am currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4. The game was removed from the Playstation store and I was wondering, "When I get a PS5, will I still be able to download and play it on the PS5 since it's already in my library?"

that will be a question you need to ask playstation. that is their system. CDPR has zero control over whether or not it's there.

it's not a question of control though. Two sides are involved in the situation. Both should know.
when it comes to console it is. I would think though if you had already bought it you should be able to download it. It just isn't
available for sale.

Last edited:
There might be a way to check. If you transfer the game to an external hard drive and delete it on the internal hard drive, see if you can download it again.

when it comes to console it is. I would think though if you had already bought it you should be able to download it. It just isn't
available for sale.
Nope still not about who has control. It's about whatever deal has been set up. Party A has control yes, but they told party B what is going on. It's really not that hard a concept.

As long as you didn't refunded the game you can download it, you cannot buy a new digital copy on the PS5 because there isn't a PS5 store, nor is there even a PS5 copy since the game runs on the next gen consoles in backwards compat mode.

Yes, you will definitely be able to download Cyberpunk 2077 when you switch to PS5, as The Sinking City, another game which was pulled from PSN shows up too in your game library if you bought it when it was for sale, even tough it can't be bought nowadays.

Hope that answers the question.

yes you can download it from your library. it would be like any digital game you bought and downloaded then deleted it. you can go to your library and find games you purchased and have the digital rights to. the only difference is if you search it in ps store it wont be there. also i dont think there is really any difference between ps5 version and ps pro right? i mean the game is like 100 GB and ps5 hardrive is limited so you probably are better off just playing it from an external hardrive.

yes you can download it from your library. it would be like any digital game you bought and downloaded then deleted it. you can go to your library and find games you purchased and have the digital rights to. the only difference is if you search it in ps store it wont be there. also i dont think there is really any difference between ps5 version and ps pro right? i mean the game is like 100 GB and ps5 hardrive is limited so you probably are better off just playing it from an external hardrive.

There is a big diference right now.

The game runs at a higher resolution on PS5 and targets 60 FPS (at ease).

All the rest, crowd density, draw distance, effects, shadows etc etc, is equal to PS4 Pro specs.

If you bought the digital copy from the ps store, before it was removed, then you'll be able to download it on PS5.

Yes you can. I was lucky to receive my ps5 in februari and I downloaded the digital copy of Cyberpunk from the PS store.
If you bought the digital version, the game is listed in your library and from there you can download it.

Cheers!

Yes you can. I was lucky to receive my ps5 in februari and I downloaded the digital copy of Cyberpunk from the PS store.
If you bought the digital version, the game is listed in your library and from there you can download it.

Cheers!
Thanks! And if I have the disc version I guess I just have to download my saves to the PS5 and pop the discs in?

Thanks! And if I have the disc version I guess I just have to download my saves to the PS5 and pop the discs in?
If you have material version, you can install it on your PS5 (and install the patch 1.21 and your save).
I'm not on PS, but it seem logic to me. It would be the worst thing ever if you could not :)

Top Bottom