A little worrying

+
Just want every quest to have the same level of quality and polish they shown in their gameplay demos and for they to stick with the game original ideas.
Yes, demos are subject to change, but what costumers should always expect is: change in the form of improvements and not so many cuts and downgrades. Currently what was shown in demos is much better than the released game, and almost none of the original core values mentioned as pillars of the game in the original pitch meeting remain... so basically is like the game has completely lost it's soul and feels that way while playing.
Post automatically merged:

You are right, but I will mention two things

1.) CDPR are under alot of fire right now, and compared to the last gen console releases, the PC release was pretty damn good.
2.) The CEO's main job is to make the company and game look good. We need word from the project managers for CP2077 to see what direction that they want to take this game. The CEO knows little by comparison.

CP2077 has absolutely unlimited potential. We're all waiting to see what direction they will take it after they've ironed out the bugs. Everyone has been screaming at what features they want, so here's hoping CDPR listen.

Here is hoping they listen. Listen to their loyal fans whom are critical and want a good RPG experience.

Here is hoping they listen. Listen to their loyal fans whom are critical and want a good RPG experience.

All I want is some form of acknowledgement. I know they're in CYA mode atm, but if they were just to turn around and say "Yeah, we're listening", that would calm alot of people here I reckon.

Nobody here wants them to abandon this game, because we all see the potential.

Let's not forget about AI flaws which trully alter the experience (and I'm talking about the gameplay aspect, which is the most important one for...you know...A video game).
If they don't have time to fix the AI of the citizen in the street of night city, it's no big deal but at least enemies and the Police should receive some attention (those guys are in serious need of a brain right now, their state is critical lolol).

If CDPR adds contents to make the city more alive, I have the feeling those will be added with the free DLCs (I don't know why, it just make sense to me).

But yeah, the general idea, which I strongly agree with is that, don't forget that PC/Next gen also need some attention.
It's very important that they don't get misled by the state of last gen consoles and keep the scale of their vision large enough to please players from all plateforms.

Offtopic:

So, you're comparing it to the worst to make the evaluation that it's one of the best? lmao I think Monster Hunter World's character creator is one of the most basic ones in recent memory but it still has way more options than Cyberpunk 2077.

I don't know how it looks on PC but especially beards are five-year-old.
I'm to lazy to get off my cosy bed, and download better pics. But who thought that the 3px paintshop-lines under the lip is a good idea? Both XSX.
Äh, the 2nd is a Viking, not living in NC.

20210115_153838.png

20210115_155133.png

Final Fantasy XIV did it

No they didn't they shut down their servers and 2 years later relaunched the game from scratch, that is very different to what CDPR is doing.

You are literarily not allowed to break save games or progression on either platform, heck even Steam does auto updates and you cannot choose which version of the game you want to download.

Just want every quest to have the same level of quality and polish they shown in their gameplay demos and for they to stick with the game original ideas.
Yes, demos are subject to change, but what costumers should always expect is: change in the form of improvements and not so many cuts and downgrades. Currently what was shown in demos is much better than the released game, and almost none of the original core values mentioned as pillars of the game in the original pitch meeting remain... so basically is like the game has completely lost it's soul and feels that way while playing.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for saying this. We all know content is cut from every game. But when you've cut out so much content that the game is a skeleton you've removed too much and it's just soulless now. If I wanted the Anthem experience I would have purchased Anthem.

Last edited:
No they didn't they shut down their servers and 2 years later relaunched the game from scratch, that is very different to what CDPR is doing.

You are literarily not allowed to break save games or progression on either platform, heck even Steam does auto updates and you cannot choose which version of the game you want to download.
Well, I believe no one here would mind to have their old saves not working for a much improved game. And yeah, when I said FFXIV did it with PS and PC, I meant this is what this game needs: compleate overhaul, maybe a re release.

In PC RTS it is not uncommon to have old replays and saves not working perfectly after huge patches and people are ok with that (Total Warhammer comes to mind as a recent example).

Either way, CP2077 is so short it would make zero difference if old saves stoped working. Least of this game's problems.

Well, I believe no one here would mind to have their old saves not working for a much improved game. And yeah, when I said FFXIV did it with PS and PC, I meant this is what this game needs: compleate overhaul, maybe a re release.

In PC RTS it is not uncommon to have old replays and saves not working perfectly after huge patches and people are ok with that (Total Warhammer comes to mind as a recent example).

Either way, CP2077 is so short it would make zero difference if old saves stoped working. Least of this game's problems.
Pretty much this. The re-release of Final Fantasy XIV online went over well from what I hear. And isn't that what No Man's Sky is praised for? A complete overhaul? I don't get why that would be opposed here. Frankly my first Cyberpunk save is a mess because I thought crafting would be important and instead it wants to be Borderlands. So I wouldn't lose much if my save was unusable. The only Iconic weapon I'd lose is Johnny's gun.

Guess I'm just used to overhauls with the amount of time I spend in World of Warcraft and it sounds like you are the same with FFXIV

It's not about what you'll mind or not, it's about what Sony and Microsoft allow, and they do not allow updates that break saves, in fact it's literarily in their acceptance testing. There is a huge difference with shutting down an MMO and then essentially releasing a completely new game vs releasing a game that would auto update and break your saves.

Pretty much this. The re-release of Final Fantasy XIV online went over well from what I hear. And isn't that what No Man's Sky is praised for? A complete overhaul? I don't get why that would be opposed here. Frankly my first Cyberpunk save is a mess because I thought crafting would be important and instead it wants to be Borderlands. So I wouldn't lose much if my save was unusable. The only Iconic weapon I'd lose is Johnny's gun.

Guess I'm just used to overhauls with the amount of time I spend in World of Warcraft and it sounds like you are the same with FFXIV
Exactly, most player would be more than OK with that if it meant a better game.

I'm with you on the AI and police system, even the crowds but lack of activities...really? There's gigs there's sidejobs, there's assaults in progress and organized crime zones, shit, there's even random gang wars if you take the time to get off your vehicle and walk around. The only side activity I'll agree is missing are BDs, and even those cannot realistically be as detailed as the quest related ones if they ever get implemented, they'd have to be just regular ass cutscenes unless you wanna end up with a 200 GB game (And even more likely so to just not getting implemented at all considering the massive time and effort it'd take to program them). But other than that, what else do you want? Play arcade games inside a video game? Give me a break.

What type of activity is available in Cyberpunk? Killing people
What other activities besides killing people are available in Cyberpunk? .....silence.....

You can shoot people, thats it. There is nothing else the game offers outside of the main story. Just killing people

What other activities besides killing people are available in Cyberpunk? .....silence.....

You can shoot people, thats it. There is nothing else the game offers outside of the main story. Just killing people
You can also slice and dice them.

Or fry their brains with malware...

... Just kidding man. There really is nothing else to do except Killing people.

god i hope they fix this. i really do. i used to believe Mass Effect was awesome but EA fucked up the ending and afterwards ME:A was the LAST GAME i ever bought from them. it has been a long time since i got excited for a game like this. even i, someone who aspires to be a game designer see this shit happening around me. it's got me thinking sometimes: was all that i believed in was a lie? (i had some low point moments with thoughts like that). i mean if at the end of the day if it is all about stocks, shares, profits and spreadsheets for these companies i think they are in the wrong career sector. for me it's about making it fun, memorable and good. i am all for making money but there is a certain "level" of making money i am "comfortable with" and that they...we all should consider. as well as asking ourselves: what amount of income generation is enough for me (as in pays the bills and put food on the table and maybe a vaction)? that is the problem with people like bobby kotick (aka the evil money vagina monster) he makes the money but then "reinvests" it into making more money. he should really be asking himself is what i already earn and make enough? but he doesn't. i fear for this industry i really do.

Last edited:
Good games sell by themselves.

If your formula is working, go for it. Following certain trends and flavors is dangerous, when you forget about your core audience.
The core audience are who will certainly buy your games and when you are known to deliver satisfying stories to n adult audience, you can't expect to get away with illogical bs.

You wanna dance in clubs? You wanna play pool? Maybe you wanna get proper shitfaced at the bar? I'll tell u what game has all of these little pointless activities and more; AC Valhalla. And yet, people complain that all they did was fill the map with random shit to do that has little to no consequence other than clearing the map marker.
So I will ask you again, what else do you want?

You wanna dance in clubs? You wanna play pool? Maybe you wanna get proper shitfaced at the bar? I'll tell u what game has all of these little pointless activities and more; AC Valhalla. And yet, people complain that all they did was fill the map with random shit to do that has little to no consequence other than clearing the map marker.

Im not posting here to try and justify things to some random person who has no affiliation to CDPR. I don't care what you think

That's not really comparable. Putting non-story activities you can participate in, in an open world RPG like CP2077 isn't the same if those activities are markers that need to be cleared. If I understand what you're saying. I haven't played ACV.

Top Bottom