So Badowski responded to Schreier

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

The only point I don't agree with the developer here about the scav car chase is that the demo narrator said this, "random encounters like these are an example of how your actions directly influence your open world experience." This entire car chase scene is not random and is scripted to the point where you don't need to shoot at the ai and you can wait for them to crash especially on the lower difficulties cause the ai can't hit the broad side of a barn and when they do the damage is minimal. Nor will it ever happen again if you were to disrupt the scavs again. Or any other faction for that matter. *SPOILER WARNING FOR SENTANCES AHED*(in case for those still playing through the first time.) The only other car chases are the same way, when Takemura saves you from the dump and saka ninjas chase you, when johnny is being chased in the flashback, or when saving saul. They are not random by any means. Nor are there more car chase events than the ones I mentioned. If there are side missions that I may have not done to do those extra car chases feel free to correct me, but I don't remember anymore car chases than that. EDIT: The nomad intro car chase as well is scripted. heavily

Also for the mods who will eventually come across this post I fully intend to be civil about the discussion within this thread and hope others will too because I want to hear what others have to say/ discuss further about this as well. And I hope you don't close the thread because it's related to the Schreier article.

Also thank you to the devs for putting your all into the game and respect all the work you have done to get the game to the point it currently sits (this is not sarcasm) I genuinely enjoyed the main story and side stories even though there were points I wished I could move further in different directions within those points that didn't exist. You guys have made a very solid foundation for a game that only has the potential to go upward as long as you guys work on the title. Keep up the good work and wish you all no crunch.

EDIT(6:42pm):Also I really want to thank everybody for being civil because I have a feeling this post may stay up.

Last edited:
Well considering Adam was the reason the game changed from third person to first person and the other disagreements with the senior devs, it's hard for me to be a fan. Obviously that's not the worst mistake he made but I can't even pretend to enjoy a bad game in first person. I can at least enjoy a bad third person game for role playing purposes.

Not sure of this thread's longevity. It's about the Bloomberg article and when someone tried to start the thread again BECAUSE Adam answered, it was still shut down by the second post.

We'll see I guess.

Personally I think Adam answered pretty well. Mostly. A few good points in there.

His trying to use some of the high scores the game got from a few sources as proof that the game is in a good state annoys me. And saying that the car chases exist "almost verbatim" in the game is... annoying again. Mostly BECAUSE they are verbatim what was shown. As in, exactly the same. As in, fully scripted.

Not sure of this thread's longevity. It's about the Bloomberg article and when someone tried to start the thread again BECAUSE Adam answered, it was still shut down by the second post.

We'll see I guess.

Personally I think Adam answered pretty well. Mostly. A few good points in there.

His trying to use some of the high scores the game got from a few sources as proof that the game is in a good state annoys me. And saying that the car chases exist "almost verbatim" in the game is... annoying again. Mostly BECAUSE they are verbatim what was shown. As in, exactly the same. As in, fully scripted.
This is exactly what I mean when it comes to the car chase not different from e3 and not expanded upon to be random like stated it would be but just ends up scripted fully. And I hope my thread doesn't get taken down too. Because I do believe some people can actually have a constructive conversation, but granted this is the internet.
Post automatically merged:

Well considering Adam was the reason the game changed from third person to first person and the other disagreements with the senior devs, it's hard for me to be a fan. Obviously that's not the worst mistake he made but I can't even pretend to enjoy a bad game in first person. I can at least enjoy a bad third person game for role playing purposes.
Personally I think the first person third person debate should have been settled by an option in the settings to change between the two perspectives and let players choose which perspective they would like to play in.

We'll see I guess.

To me this just reads as cheap excuses.

Also apparently they refused to give an interview or comment on his article before he published it, but now they come forward to cherry pick from it? On twitter too where decent discussions aren't even remotely possible.

Also apparently they refused to give an interview or comment on his article before he published it, but now they come forward to cherry pick from it? On twitter too where decent discussions aren't even remotely possible.
That's internet conversation for you. Especially on twitter. Cherry picking out of context and not viewing a situation as an objective or subjective whole.

There are two things I'm certain off.

1. Adam isn't answering without first consulting with a few different departments/people. What he posted has been approved.
2. Depending on how much time they were given to answer, it makes sense they couldn't get back to him within that time. There are a lot of moving gears to such public statement. I'm rather surprised they answered this quickly.

I'd be wary reading too much into 'refusing to give an interview or comment'. Companies get a lot of requests for interviews, comments, questions and usually only have a few days to action them, and sometimes will just brush them aside at the PR level if they know higher ups won't have time to action them before an article goes live.

It's why so many reports have "Company X did not respond in time for this article" or "Refused to comment before this article went live."

As much as I loathe middle management and ivory tower higher ups, if they answered and spent time with every media request - they would never do anything else and still not have time to answer them all.

The twitter response looks like Adam just sitting at home (what is now, like 3am in poland? Edit here for clarity for people : Which means that Adam would have likely been home since response was around 10pm) and putting out a response on his personal account because his notifications were probably blowing up, edit: And yes - likely engaged and got approval from PR before responding.

Last edited:
I'd be wary reading too much into 'refusing to give an interview or comment'. Companies get a lot of requests for interviews, comments, questions and usually only have a few days to action them, and sometimes will just brush them aside at the PR level if they know higher ups won't have time to action them before an article goes live.

It's why so many reports have "Company X did not respond in time for this article" or "Refused to comment before this article went live."

As much as I loathe middle management and ivory tower higher ups, if they answered and spent time with every media request - they would never do anything else and still not have time to answer them all.

The twitter response looks like Adam just sitting at home (what is now, like 3am in poland?) and putting out a response on his personal account because his notifications were probably blowing up.
Probably true but tweet was 5 hours ago so he was probably just now winding down for the night at like 10pm then boom. Phone go <insert explosionNoise.mp3>
Post automatically merged:

As much as I usually dislike Schreier... (so funny, his last name literally means "Screamer" in German, so fitting) but this whole affair is turning into is a real f-up for CDPR, and I highly doubt people will forget that... ever.

I don't think people will and I really do hope that management does not force the developers to abandon this project. The foundation is already really good and just needs more time cooking and more work done on it. This game still has the potential to be one of the best games of all time.

The twitter response looks like Adam just sitting at home (what is now, like 3am in poland?) and putting out a response on his personal account because his notifications were probably blowing up.
The thing is tho. There have been plenty of similar articles out there like this one. Why didn't they feel the need to comment on those.
Jason's name is becoming prominent in the game journalist industry, and CDPR knows that his article would have a bigger effect than the rest of the clickbait outputs. And the response was done 6 hours ago.

The "Work in Progress" watermark is to let people know game will be much improved upon what they are seeing are hearing the narrator describe in the final version.

What we got was, insteed, a 100% dowgraded version in every single aspect shown or described.

Costumers should never, ever, expect any kind of downgrade or cut content that compleatly changes the game like this. Thia type of practice is just indecent.

As Branch just said, it's been posted a while ago but I personally don't think he just decided to post that.

My best guest is that Schreier gave them a chance to answer by providing the article and this answer was typed and approved during that time.

I doubt Adam is stupid enough to take it upon itself to answer without first consulting the right people in the middle of the company's biggest crisis.

The thing is tho. There have been plenty of similar articles out there like this one. Why didn't they feel the need to comment on those.
Jason's name is becoming prominent in the game journalist industry, and CDPR knows that his article would have a bigger effect than the rest of the clickbait outputs. And the response was done 6 hours ago.
I think they respond to Jason because he was the person who did the interview with Marcin about no crunch. As well as Jason being more known for his articles of this nature.

The fact that so called "journalists" have been writing fake articles based on a debunked reddit post claiming to be a dev, then also now state that "the demo is fake", makes the entire team peeved, not just the lead dev. This is especially true when you can clearly see segments from the vertical slice have made it directly in to release. These are also the same types of people who launded and pushed a placebo "tweak" at release, with no effort made to verify its veracity.

CPDR are being used as clickbait.

As much as I usually dislike Schreier... (so funny, his last name literally means "Screamer" in German, so fitting) but this whole affair is turning into is a real f-up for CDPR, and I highly doubt people will forget that... ever.

No doubt about that. I think a lot of us recognized that the bugs and glitches were a very weird blessing in disguise for a short time because it was a distraction people could at least laugh at for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom