Low FPS and input lag

+
I had an issue where my game kept on auto minimizing. It wasn't too much of an issue, but really bugged me as I would have to quit out of Cyberpunk to stop it from happening.

I googled some tips and one of them said to disable game mode for W10 as one of the updates with it apparantly caused such issues like this. After doing so, the game, which ran fine, now ran with low FPS and had some really bad input lag. Even on the games boot up cutscenes of the company logo and such it was having a lag and input delay.

I tried turning game mode back on, but the issue is still there, and it's now only with Cyberpunk and and no other game. Even on the lowest settings possible, the game has the issues.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My Rig
GeForce RTX2080 Super
GeForce Driver Version 461.09
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80Gz
16 GB RAM
Display - 3840 x 2160 30Hz

DC9V

Forum veteran
Did you try to disable full-screen optimizations ?

1. Go to Cyberpunk2077.exe file location:
    • GOG: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64
    • Steam: Open Steam, Right-click on Cyberpunk, click Properties, go to the "Local Files" tab and click browse local files
  2. right click on Cyberpunk2077.exe, click on properties and Compatibility
  3. Disable full-screen optimizations
  4. go to in-game-settings and choose full-screen-mode

If it keeps happening, try to press Start+Esc

Last edited:
Did you try to disable full-screen optimizations ?

1. Go to Cyberpunk2077.exe file location:
    • GOG: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64
    • Steam: Open Steam, Right-click on Cyberpunk, click Properties, go to the "Local Files" tab and click browse local files
  2. right click on Cyberpunk2077.exe, click on properties and Compatibility
  3. Disable full-screen optimizations
  4. go to in-game-settings and choose full-screen-mode

If it keeps happening, try to press Start+Esc

Tried and tested. And no luck.

I've noticed my Task Manager is showing a second app running alongside Cyberpunk which seems to be called RedEngineErrorReporter, though it doesn't seem to be taking up any memory usage.

From what I can tell, the game isn't chewing up anything, so it shouldn't be doing this. I'm starting to think I should just uninstall and reinstall at this stage to see if that fixes it.

weird... kinda screams for a clean install, imo.

And it's stil lhappening after a clean install... I can't help but wonder now if it's something to do with my AntiVirus. I have Bullguard, full premium protection, and a friend of mine said that is likely causing the problem. Wouldn't imagine how, though.
Post automatically merged:

And it's stil lhappening after a clean install... I can't help but wonder now if it's something to do with my AntiVirus. I have Bullguard, full premium protection, and a friend of mine said that is likely causing the problem. Wouldn't imagine how, though.

Got it fixed. It was something to do with needing to set the optimiztion on the PC to prioritize the game as it was running. Must of reset when I switched off game mode, but not gone back when I switched it back on.

A weird hiccup, but annoying. Still, all good now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom