So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
There is little to no character development.
Lol.. I said just yesterday the mass majority of players wouldn't be able to understand how incredible & complex the character development is.

It's a shame it'll go over so many people's heads like it did yours. The game is truly a masterclass in character development.

The scale of the hit on CDPR's reputation shouldn't be underestimated and they know they need to fix that. I can't see them competely re-making it, but at least responding to the main complaints and adding content where possible. Don't forget that they overhauled the first 2 Witcher games significantly for very little financial benefit.

For those saying that they're only interested in money, bear in mind that Witcher 3 is still a massive money-spinner for them even 5 years after release, so they understand better than anyone the financial benefits of investing in a game long-term.

I can't find her statement :/
By the looks of it, it is a Screenshot from the discord.
Post automatically merged:

Lol.. I said just yesterday the mass majority of players wouldn't be able to understand how incredible & complex the character development is.

It's a shame it'll go over so many people's heads like it did yours. The game is truly a masterclass in character development.
Not sure if trolling....

If this is meant seriously it is just one of those times when you realize HOW bad the state of a game is when "you did not get it" is the best thing going for the game.

But on topic: no, people are setting themselves up for a major disappointment if they expect CP2077 to change drastically beyond bug fixes, story DLCs and some stuff such as barbers and transmog systems.

Maybe they'll do something eventually with AI, looting and crafting systems and so on, but I doubt that it will be massive and complex overhaul, like to was for Divinity OS2 and Divinity OS2 Definitive Edition.

Cyberpunk went bad on so many levels so its easier to make a new game, rather than trying to redo this one.

If this is meant seriously it is just one of those times when you realize HOW bad the state of a game is when "you did not get it" is the best thing going for the game.

But on topic: no, people are setting themselves up for a major disappointment if they expect CP2077 to change drastically beyond bug fixes, story DLCs and some stuff such as barbers and transmog systems.
If the DLCsare a continuation of V's story, I'd consider buyimg the game again. When it's properly polished and working

How so? Most of these characters acted in a way that seemed outside of their character. Let's take Evelyn. She is a doll roped into getting scans of Yori's place. Tries to make money on the side by getting a fixer involved. Look people in that line of work have streetsmarts. WHY would she go back to the clouds to work after everything that went down? MADNESS. She should have been on the run. If that is a masterclass in character development then we will never see eye to eye on that for sure. In my opinion, bad writing but ok.

Please give me an example of how it was a masterclass because I am not buying it.

even if the bugs, glitches and optimization issues get fixed. Cyberpunk 2077 at least for me would still be shallow experience that i just cant enjoy. A Lot of people are saying they need to pull a no mans sky. Which we hope that happens, but if hello games just polished nms then it would still be a mediocore game, just a polished one. They added in so much content and overhauled pretty much the entire game to point where the difference was night and day, better yet it was all FREE and wasn't pushed into a sequel to charge money for. Now in recent times people have nothing but positive things to say about that game. Though we will never forget the way it launched

The only public responses i see are just along the lines of "we will fix bugs and crashes and add free dlc then big paid expansions"

You can give players heaps to do in a game but if it isn't fun to do or gets old fast they ain't going to want to stick around

So does anybody know if many of the game's systems and mechanics are getting overhauled?
No, they are apparently proud of what they delivered. LMAO.

It’ll probably get a few tweaks and balancing on top of technical fixes, but I don’t believe in overhauls on any front.

I honestly doubt it and even more so after the bloomberg article of Jason Schreier. Should that be true, it would mean the game was never in a state they showed people at E3. Meaning that there is really no cut content, the content was not there to begin with. But being completely honest, that is one of the biggest scams I have yet to see in gaming industry, given the article is indeed correct.

Words are easy.

Lets put it this way: if it goes over most people's heads, it has already failed in its task.

They did it with one of their game btw.

Gwent got Homecoming, which was a massive overhaul of the game after it lost a lot of popularity due to midwinter (an expansion that every Gwent player want to forget).
It was strongly critisized at first (mostly because it was new and people don't like new things, despite always complaining about routine) but it did its way and now Gwent is a trully enjoyable game (vastly superior to what it was before Homecoming and the game was considered good...I mean, again, before Midwinter).

This is interesting to me that CP which is supposed to be the most ambitious game ever made by the company, the thing that aimed to be "The new generation of RPG experience" does not receive the same treatment after getting that much backlash but whatever.

As long as they fix the bugs, AI flaws and add a little bit to make the city more alive, it would be good enough for me.

Overhaul is maybe a bit too far stretching. The foundations for the game are solid, we just need a bit more content for the good characters they've wrote, and resolutions to some of the outstanding quest chains.

I hope it's a unofficial-official fact that they're adding in cut content in the free DLCs. CDPR just don't want to say it because they're scared of the playerbase reaction and lawsuits.

We're not going to know until they announce what is in them after Feb. Patch#2 will be a good indication of the direction they want to take the game though. If it's just big-fixes I'd be worried, if it's mainly bug-fixes but with some silly issues resolved (cops) I will be much more hopeful.
And some of the "cut content for DLCs" that people *will* complain about, may not even be actual cut content, but just early mockups they made during development for testing whether some of their ideas for DLC would actually work in the first place. Yeah, traces of that may get left behind in the release version, and people will complain it was cut, while it was just prelimanary testing.

Gwent got Homecoming, which was a massive overhaul of the game after it lost a lot of popularity due to midwinter (an expansion that every Gwent player want to forget).
It was strongly critisized at first (mostly because it was new and people don't like new things, despite always complaining about routine) but it did its way and now Gwent is a trully enjoyable game (vastly superior to what it was before Homecoming and the game was considered good...I mean, again, before Midwinter).

Cyberpunk: Homecoming - Returning Cyberpunk to it's roots by rebuilding the game into something totally different.

Followed by....

Cyberpunk: Mobile - Sorry console plebs, we're dropping ya like a bag of rocks for greener pastures.

Sorry, the shitpost couldn't be contained. Although, if memory serves HC marked Gwent leaving beta. There are some parallels though....

No animals were harmed in the making of this message. It's made in a non-serious, joking manner. Please, nobody take offense to it's contents.

Getting the game to work well on consoles and fixing bugs seems to be their priority right now, for obvious reasons.

As others already pointed out, none of their statements can be taken as "the final word" about what will happen to the game in terms of further development. Adding more content and some significant implementations, if that's the case, will take some time and, giving the vagueness of their statements, it's impossible to know what will happen.

The game has so much potential and can really become a true classic. I only hope that they believe in this as some of us do.

Guest 4412420

As another person already mentioned we don't even know how much of that "cut content" was actually cut and not just an early concept or something the developers thought they'd have the time to create and implement.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is interesting to me that CP which is supposed to be the most ambitious game ever made by the company, the thing that aimed to be "The new generation of RPG experience" does not receive the same treatment after getting that much backlash but whatever.

As long as they fix the bugs, AI flaws and add a little bit to make the city more alive, it would be good enough for me.

Ye but Gwent was supposed to be a multiplayer game with the intention of being something alike hearthstone no? Like an ongoing project that is played continiously with cash shops to support it etc. Cyberpunk is a single player game with no ingame cash shop where you get the money once on the initial purchase. They already got the money from the people who are interested in the game. An overhaul would just cost em money.

Top Bottom