To the "real" developers. Not the management. You did a GREAT job.

+
After reading a lot in the last couple of days on the net, reading a lot of reviews from former or current workers for CD P Red on glassdoor.com etc., I just know that you guys are reading the forums.
Me, a full time CG artist for a german advertising agency, can only say "Kudos" for your art and your work. You guys did an AMAZING job developing and designing this game and it is clearly not your fault that the game was released in such a bad state.
I draw my hat and say "thank you" for this amazing experience that I still had, despite of all the broken promises and cut contents.
Don´t be discouraged. Don´t feel as if your work didn´t mean anything. You did a great job alone designing that massive city, the great characters, the awesome animations and story audio, the awesome music and sound effects... I don´t even know where to stop.
You guys are stars and I feel bad for you having to work under such conditions.

Cheers, guys.

R001c

Forum regular
I hope the people who poured love into this game don't think it went unnoticed. For all its faults its still a beautiful game full of lovely and subtle touches.
My hope is now that the Devs pick themselves up and carry on. Sort the bugs, Tweak the AI etc. Its all doable and this game deserves to be finished and polished.
Marcin Iwiński looked like a man who had had his feet put to the flame and the apology, if you factor in the fact that lawyers and law suits are involved, seemed pretty genuine.

The whole Hype Train over promise/under deliver debacle has been terrible but that's an industry wide problem and, to be frank, the whole hype train only works if you get on it. Don't run a hype train. Don't get on one.

CDPR You didn't need a hype train you had me and, I'm sure a lot of other people, with the lines CDPR is making a Cyberpunk game.

Mostly what I hope for is MORE! I'm hoping this is the beginning of something great and that its rocky start quickly becomes a distant memory. The magic is, obviously, still there somewhere. Let it loose!

R001c - Shameless Cyberpunk 2077 Fanboy.

It is a beautiful game world that for reasons beyond the world crafter's control hasn't been allowed to live up to it potential in a number of ways. We don't wear hats ;), but if we did-------I'd take mine off to the Night City World Creators!
Maybe I'm a harsh critic in some people's eyes but I believe I give credit where it's due but that also means I'm not going to praise unworthy things. Sucks for people who can't accept that I guess but that's not my concern. When it comes to the construction of Night City however, I've said multiple times since launch it's a world class industry achievement and genuinely worthy of praise.

It is great to see that some people are able to distinguish between the developers and the managers, who obviously decided to release an unfinished project with so much potential left.
I hope the CDPR managers will come to their minds and listen to their players and the guys who eventually developed, created, designed and auditioned this otherwise awesome game.

Yes yes!!! No game environments has held my attention like Night City has. I can simply toodle around town on my bike, blaring the in game music and I am in a really good place. The look, the feel...the ambiance, its all there. It is absolutely beautiful! As far as looks go, this game is everything I dreamed it would be...and this fact is why I still have hope 'they' will eventually fix it and make it 'right as rain'.

The parts of the game that are done are pretty great. I find a new plaza, park, market, or w/e that isn't used anywhere in the story every time I play. They make me realize how ambitious this city was supposed to be, and how much is missing. I feel like there are holes where things were ripped out all over the place, but that's hardly the dev's fault. If they'd had the year and a half they said they needed I'm confident CP2077 would be the game they said it would be, I only hope the powers that pushed it out early will allow them to go back and fill in the blank spots.

Thanks for all the hours of entertainment, I hope there are even more to come.

I am 43 years old, I have been playing since I was a child. I have never played a game that makes me feel so many emotions of happiness, wonder, sadness and enjoyment like a small child with a new toy. The work that has been done on a visual level is wonderful, the stories of the missions, characters, music ... It's all those shadows that you don't want to see but are there that disappoints you. But it can be fixed !!! and the players who love this game and there are many millions of us are patiently waiting for the developers to heal their wounds:
* IA npcs, police, cars ...
* Open the hundreds of closed doors
* Being able to eat and drink in a real way.
* Greater development of physics
* That your actions have more influence in the city
* More interaction and not so much rejection
*They know
Thank you and keep going !!!

I came on the forum tonight with the intention of writing a similar post.

I am quite fed up of only seeing bad publicity, people complaining and bitching, sometimes for things that are not even true about the game. Almost nobody seems to realize or speak about the many things the game did right!

Is the game perfect? No, It has its flaws but the PC version, at the very least, is way more than a decent game. I had a blast! Its one of my favorite game already! With the DLC, fixes and polish, it might just become the best.

Between the release and the day I finished it, I played like I had not played since my early teenage years. I even lost some sleep over the desire to play more, over the emotions the game stirred in me with how it handled very difficult topics and finally, over the incredibly fun melee gameplay.

I have been resisting the urge to play it again ever since I finished just because I know waiting will be beneficial and make the game even better.

I've been in the industry for 16 years so from a game dev to all the Cyberpunk devs out there, good job! From the bottom of my heart, you did an amazing game.

A very special thanks to all the writers. You guys/gals rocks. There is very few games, movies or books that make me react emotionally in that fashion. And big kudos on characters....Johnny, Judy, Panam, Kerry and so many more... There is so many cool characters in this game. Even smaller characters like Gary, Ozob or the Peralez couple are just great. I love them all !

Is the game perfect? No, It has its flaws but the PC version, at the very least, is way more than a decent game. I had a blast! Its one of my favorite game already! With the DLC, fixes and polish, it might just become the best.

This is the place where it's hard to draw the reasonable vs hopeful line regarding expectations. The game is far better than decent. It has flashes of utter brilliance, and other areas where you scratch your head about how the game could go to press with this giant, glaring weak spot. None of those areas are down to the work of the devs, just the decision making of the overlords that rushed the game out a year and a half before the devs said it would be ready.

I think what people are worried about is all the potential here getting wasted after "The story is perfect, all we need to fix is bugs." It's not that it isn't a fun game, it's that it could be so. effing. great. If they look at this as a beta period and fix the stuff that wasn't working and roll it out pretty regularly the complaints will abate a lot. People have been waiting for this game and following the progress for a long time... to have everyone in a crowd of thirty cower in fear at the same instant when I double jump or the mini map not zoom when I drive is just... disappointing. When only two relationships(two conversations, iirc) affect the endings it really feels like the game is a mile wide and an inch deep. I don't need the NPC's to be able live their whole day if I follow them long enough(as cool an idea as that was), but the car customization and street level events are pretty important to getting me invested in *my* NC.

The devs are phenomenal; it's the people telling them what to do that I worry about.

all they (management) had to do was delay the game to the 2022 - 2026 time window/frame, ditch ports for XB1 and PS4 and everything would be golden but no they were allured by that sweet holiday sales money as well as the release of the XB2 and PS5. they couldn't wait for just a few more years to make it look good. XB2 and PS5 aint going nowhere for a while...well that is until it is phased out by the newer XB3 and PS6.

100% agree, to the devs who poured passion into this game even during an impossible timeframe and during covid hitting, scrambling to get this shipped even though you knew and warned it shouldn't be I salute you, You don't have an easy gig ahead of you but it's still one worth completing.

I have the feeling that, just as in everydays life, it may be way more complex than just "management bad, devs good" (there are shades of grey everywhere) but I agree there are some wonderful work put into this game.

One of the best games i've ever played. And i play since 386 has been a thing. My first playthrough took me about 160 hrs.. i dare say i've spent half of the time just sightseeing, admiring various details, watching news and even adds (which i naturally hate irl :D), the architecture, cars, grafitti.. whatever u name i've spent time gazing at it.

This game is a diamond that only needs a bit of polishing. And a whole lot more content (i wish.. even if not for free :)

Thank you Devs very much for this game. Keep up the good work and know i'm with you!

Top Bottom