Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxy3

Forum regular
Game.PNG

So i have marked the text specifically related to the game and its state.

According to Adam, this game looks and plays better than the demo ever was.
- Absolutely not. Graphically the game may look better, but i dont think i can agree on how it plays. Now i didnt play the demo, but seeing how i cant do things in the final game, which one was able to do in the demo makes the final game not any better, but lets move on.

Another thing he answered was the "Missing Features." He said that its part of the creation process to cut content. Also he added that there are car ambushes or chases (yeah.. right.)
- Now i do agree that some features get cut out of the game, but lets be honest here.. There are NO FEATURES AT ALL IN THIS GAME. I could list you more features of a game released in 2005 than in this game. What even can i do in this game.. How do you expect me to interact with the world, outside of your scripted missions.
This is unacceptable in my point of view.

Now he tries to justify the game, by saying that game was rated 9/10 or 10/10 by "Renown gaming outlets."
- Okay, so you want to tell me, that IGN is a trustworthy website? They would rate anything 10/10 if you pay them well enough.. Like.. PLEASE...! IGN even dares to say that this game is still a RPG, so why is CDPR not doing the same? You sell it as Action Adventure, but IGN sells it as RPG. Weird.

Well, i guess this is what the game is guys. Be ready to open up your Wallets for all that cut content, because it will come as long as you can pay.

it was in no way my intention to offend you.. if you feal that way... my apologise @Moxy3

thanks, its locked though and i want to discuss this matter.

I think you could say that he is not lying when he says that the final game is played better than the demo, since it was possibly never playable, just a cinematic in real time.
could also be true, but my response was more like in the sense of the gameplay. (like wall running)

@Moxy3
like i did say... sorry
but it was also locked for a reason..
because people didnt play nice with each other (resons, look above this posting)

and that post i was refearing to already got rightfully so deleeted..

Last edited:
View attachment 11146046
So i have marked the text specifically related to the game and its state.

According to Adam, this game looks and plays better than the demo ever was.
- Absolutely not. Graphically the game may look better, but i dont think i can agree on how it plays. Now i didnt play the demo, but seeing how i cant do things in the final game, which one was able to do in the demo makes the final game not any better, but lets move on.

Another thing he answered was the "Missing Features." He said that its part of the creation process to cut content. Also he added that there are car ambushes or chases (yeah.. right.)
- Now i do agree that some features get cut out of the game, but lets be honest here.. There are NO FEATURES AT ALL IN THIS GAME. I could list you more features of a game released in 2005 than in this game. What even can i do in this game.. How do you expect me to interact with the world, outside of your scripted missions.
This is unacceptable in my point of view.

Now he tries to justify the game, by saying that game was rated 9/10 or 10/10 by "Renown gaming outlets."
- Okay, so you want to tell me, that IGN is a trustworthy website? They would rate anything 10/10 if you pay them well enough.. Like.. PLEASE...! IGN even dares to say that this game is still a RPG, so why is CDPR not doing the same? You sell it as Action Adventure, but IGN sells it as RPG. Weird.

Well, i guess this is what the game is guys. Be ready to open up your Wallets for all that cut content, because it will come as long as you can pay.

Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 was never meant to be a living breathing city with simulated citizenry. It's just strange as that was inferred over and over, and over. There is even an application for a grant to create specific AI systems. But now, looking back they say it all went according to plan. And anything that was removed or changed was just part of development itiration.

The 2018 gameplay demo shows V Living in her apartment. She has a one night stand (?), she's brushing her teeth while the narrator talks about the unique experiences you can have with the denziens of Night City. There's a song playing on the radio, they show you actually picking up items from around your apartment (from your gear room) and not just opening up menus.

It all seems very immersive.

"A big part of our RPG experience is having a world that is interactive" It goes on to talk about an interactive advertisement system that is not in the game.

How interactive is Night City? Other then pre-scripted events? Is that what was meant, there are a lot of pre-scripted quest-events? NPCs, Police and Gangs respond in a very binary and rigid fashion? Because it never seemed like "we have a lot of pre-scripted quests" was the message.

"We have created the most believable city in any open world game to date"

They say that. Seriously, it was done 2 years ago.

They show us getting installed with Cyberware, in what we would later come to understand is the ONLY scene in the entire game where you actually get a scene for cyberware.

Then you have the ambush scene. After the rescue job you are ambushed by Scavs in a van. The narrator says

"RANDOM encounters like these show how your actions influence your open world experience"

Why on earth would anyone look back and say "Fake"?

Because we are shown a scripted event, and told that it was a random encounter that was a result of a gig. That's fake, right? Has anyone ever been attacked/ambushed by a gang after attacking the gang, or doing a gig in opposition to a gang? He says that car ambushes exist verbatim, just like we were shown. Let's go over the quote again, since we're saying verbatim:

"RANDOM encounters like these show how your actions influence your open world experience"

Look I like the game, but I thought we were interested in rebuilding trust. Can we just be honest here about where things stand?

Is CDPR gaslighting us, or themselves?

Last edited:
@Moxy3
like i did say... sorry
but it was also locked for a reason..
because people didnt play nice with each other (resons, look above this posting)
yeah i agree. things should stay respectfully here, but shutting down a whole thread, especially on a matter like this is not the right answer imo. This has to be discussed.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 was never meant to be a living breathing city with simulated citizenry. It's just strange as that was inferred over and over, and over. But now, looking back they say it all went according to plan. And anything that was removed was just part of how development works.

You know, either the way the AI behaves is the way the game was envisioned or it's not.
Yeah, it kind of contradicts itself i agree.

Welp, they think this game is good enough with all those review scores, and I don't think they will do any significant change to the game other than cosmetics.

I mean from IGN, come on... You know, one of the most favorable character from post-apocalypse game beaten to death by a golf club and they rate is as masterpiece!!!

I already had to delete a post that insulted developers. Insulting people on these forums is off limits and if it happens again thread will get locked instantly.
Like i said, i agree that everyone should be respectful, but i cannot change peoples behaviour. Locking the Thread will do more harm than good, because it doesnt give us the freedom of discussing these things, because of some "special people" if i may say it like that.

i wonder what was the logic that was going on in adam's mind because hard proof has shown that the final game (PC or otherwise) was not entirely "playable" as he claimed it to be. the same can be said for jason. though in my experience there is some truth in all this.

Like i said, i agree that everyone should be respectful, but i cannot change peoples behaviour. Locking the Thread will do more harm than good, because it doesnt give us the freedom of discussing these things, because of some "special people" if i may say it like that.

Threads that attract toxicity, hate and insults despite multiple moderator warnings and interventions get locked. Consider my previous post as a public warning.

i wonder what was the logic that was going on in adam's mind because hard proof has shown that the final game (PC or otherwise) was not entirely "playable" as he claimed it to be. the same can be said for jason. though in my experience there is some truth in all this.
Adam shouldn't reply, because it's like he's giving more ammunition to Jason to shoot him back. I mean with critical hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom