Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
the question here is...
why was some stuff cut..
if you have a concept...
and you push it.. and its just not fun.. you cut it...
simple fact
the devs showd us for example the robots hacking skills...
and they told us it was shit.. so it was cut

also some stuff the people claim to be cut and showed here videos all over the place made by some fancy contend/clickbait creators where just plain lies...
everyone who still dose say that Vs appartment or Yucca Town or Club Atlantis... and lots of more stuff is cut contend
didnt play the game at all and just......
Okay now i understand our situation , they paid all the reviewers to make the game look good , the truth is the game didn't turn out like they promise , i mean WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO TO US LIKE THIS , didn't they make much money in Witcher 3?? 😭 😭

It's the basic human instinct to pull back, defend if you feel attacked. Nothing more. There should be a bit of detachment here. Look at what information was available to people, has been available for years. Why would they be dissapointed?

There's very little autonomous immersion, and that's really what was sold to us as the core of the experience.
We all know why people feel disappointed and this issue has been spoken many times already. What I mean is Adam is making thing worse by replying Jason article.

Okay now i understand our situation , they paid all the reviewers to make the game look good , the truth is the game didn't turn out like they promise , i mean WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO TO US LIKE THIS , didn't they make much money in Witcher 3?? 😭 😭
no worries m8...
its ok if you dont like the game as it is...
but lots of people do
and honestly...
even on the player reviews (i do only speak for PC here) there are more players who like the game then hate it...

dose the game have flaws? sure
could it better? ofc
can they fix stuff? i belive so

but speaking of cut contend like some people do here (which isnt most of the time the reality) is just... well wrong

well..
nomad
with Jacky befor the heist
with Jacky after the heist
with Goro Takemura
4x with Panam (5x when you wanna count the bike chase after the Kang Tao AV got shoot down)
with the Porsche in the Silverhand flashback
1x with the tank

so its not that rare
i agree on the dynamic part tho
but would have made sence to have any more?

Consider that the 2018 demo says that the ambushes are random encounters. I know you agree with the dynamic part, but it's an issue that they're now saying it's what we were told all along.

So the issue isn't if there is 1 ambush or 50 ambushes. The difference is that the 2018 demo specifically states that it is a random encounter in the open world, and that it is resulting from actions taken against the scavs. In hindsight, this was never the case.

And on Twitter, we are hearing that the fellow is saying that what is in the game is verbatim what is in the demo.

A random encounter is not the same system as a scripted encounter. It's not the encounter itself that's at issue. It's the reactive world we were sold. And to this day they are telling us it is what they showed us all along, and nothing is fake.

A random encounter is not the same as a scripted encounter. Therefore it is not the same. Therefore either people are being dishonest, or they are fooling themselves as to what is real.

Last edited:
no worries m8...
its ok if you dont like the game as it is...
but lots of people do
and honestly...
even on the player reviews (i do only speak for PC here) there are more players who like the game then hate it...

dose the game have flaws? sure
could it better? ofc
can they fix stuff? i belive so

but speaking of cut contend like some people do here (which isnt most of the time the reality) is just... well wrong
Noo i mean like the writing is good , i upgraded my pc just for cyberpunk just because of i already finished my nomad path and wanted to play as streetkid , im just curious why is the game didn't turn out like my expectations , you know " AI NPC! MOST LIVELY CITY! WE PLAYER MAKE THE POSSIBILITY IN THE GAME " that is why wandering around in this forum but thank you tho for explaining thing to me 👍🏽

Well I disagree with this opinion. Yes, I found it very weird to react on Jason article, but your points are probably even worse than Adam's response.

1. You haven't played demo, so you don't know if it was good or bad... that's all.

You can compare mission The Rescue here and you can see it's better now, but still same. The second gameplay video can be played exactly same, just without "wall running" and hacking dead enemies. That was removed and it's something I'm not very surprised by, I'm sure from design choice removing wall running make sense (yes it's cool, I wanted it, but I'm fine with it) and seeing all enemies where they are, in which room etc can be very difficult to do in open world conflicts and they clearly had no time.

2. "There are NO FEATURES AT ALL IN THIS GAME", what? I guess you mean features like activities, ok. It's not GTA San Andreas (fun fact: even in GTA IV or GTA V together have less activities than in San Andreas), but it's still story-driven first person shooter game and where was stated Cyberpunk is going to be next GTA game? It wasn't. I'm not saying it's good to have nothing to do in the city except for GIGS and side jobs, but if their main focus was story, they have done very good job. And btw.. there are features in the game and it's true that removing features in development is very normal. Remember, everything was subject to change. We talking here about gameplay demo from June 2019, that's 18months of development.

About chases, they are really in the game, all of them are scripted and one unscripted where you have to escape NCPD, sadly it's bugged.. :)

3. Sorry, but how naive you have to be to think publishers paying to gaming magazines for good reviews. This is just not happening. Period. This is something that would kill publisher reputation and at the same time magazine reputation and no one ever would trust reviews again so you can close your magazine and maybe even publisher house. I think this is by far biggest myth in this industry.

My problem with his reaction is, you can't just defend your game by saying "but you saw reviews, we had plenty of 9's and 10's". He clearly wrote this without any PR help, we all know game is not finished so trying to say "but it's very good game" is absolutely off.. Yes, I liked the game and if all issues are fixed (NOT MISSING FEATURES!) game will be really great and will target 9/10 at worst.

"Well, i guess this is what the game is guys." Yes it is, we can't change it and they can't change it anymore too. All what we can do, is giving them feedback, hope for redemption and it will never happen again.

I just finished watching this video and after playing the game for over 100 hours I have no idea how anyone could ever give it more than a 7/10.

Of course, that doesn't take away from the fact that some may have liked it anyway, despite the obvious flaws.

Too many promises were made during development and not enough were actually fulfilled.

Commitment to quality, 9/10 on PC, a version to be proud of:

: )
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 11146046
So i have marked the text specifically related to the game and its state.

According to Adam, this game looks and plays better than the demo ever was.
- Absolutely not. Graphically the game may look better, but i dont think i can agree on how it plays. Now i didnt play the demo, but seeing how i cant do things in the final game, which one was able to do in the demo makes the final game not any better, but lets move on.

Another thing he answered was the "Missing Features." He said that its part of the creation process to cut content. Also he added that there are car ambushes or chases (yeah.. right.)
- Now i do agree that some features get cut out of the game, but lets be honest here.. There are NO FEATURES AT ALL IN THIS GAME. I could list you more features of a game released in 2005 than in this game. What even can i do in this game.. How do you expect me to interact with the world, outside of your scripted missions.
This is unacceptable in my point of view.

Now he tries to justify the game, by saying that game was rated 9/10 or 10/10 by "Renown gaming outlets."
- Okay, so you want to tell me, that IGN is a trustworthy website? They would rate anything 10/10 if you pay them well enough.. Like.. PLEASE...! IGN even dares to say that this game is still a RPG, so why is CDPR not doing the same? You sell it as Action Adventure, but IGN sells it as RPG. Weird.

Well, i guess this is what the game is guys. Be ready to open up your Wallets for all that cut content, because it will come as long as you can pay.
They seem to be closing threads that quote this tweet, I hope they don't close this one, as I see no reason since everyone is being respectful. That said, last two threads to quote that tweet have been closed without warning.

Be careful what you say cause this threat might get locked. People are not allowed to speak they're mind about the reality of the situtation. Please think of the investors (or children).

4KvN4Ot.gif

They seem to be closing threads that quote this tweet, I hope they don't close this one, as I see no reason since everyone is being respectful. That said, last two threads to quote that tweet have been closed without warning.
thy already rightfully deleted some posts...
and i bet the one from CNedelcu will be next...
and after that... yeah

I just finished watching this video and after playing the game for over 100 hours I have no idea how anyone could ever give it more than a 7/10.

Of course, that doesn't take away from the fact that some may have liked it anyway, despite the obvious flaws.

Too many promises were made during development and not enough were actually fulfilled.

We had the same idea...

Be careful what you say cause this threat might get locked. People are not allowed to speak they're mind about the reality of the situtation. Please think of the investors (or children).
as stated... the 1st one got closed because people did namecalling
but yeah.. if you sleep better at night

Commitment to quality, 9/10 on PC, a version to be proud of:

: )
Post automatically merged:

They can close as many threads as they want ..this will not hide the reality.

"Another thing he answered was the "Missing Features." He said that its part of the creation process to cut content. Also he added that there are car ambushes or chases "

Well that's that for me then for CP2077. Only thing that kept in me any sort of hope of wanting to play this game again when the DLCs/Expansions hit was this in the air idea they would turn back and bring all the content they heavily alluded to and promoted in their trailers that was cut, but if that's their answer then ok fine, time to fully bury any wishes for more Cyberpunk.

Like i said, i agree that everyone should be respectful, but i cannot change peoples behaviour. Locking the Thread will do more harm than good, because it doesnt give us the freedom of discussing these things, because of some "special people" if i may say it like that.
Yup, people will end up in a thread creating cycle. Better to just delete the sinlge post.

thy already rightfully deleted some posts...
and i bet the one from CNedelcu will be next...
and after that... yeah

Like what is so problematic about his post to be deleted? Badowski tweeted it so what, was he not expecting people to (rightly or less rightly) call him out on that? There had been some info and it is actually still present on glassdoor that Badowski is full of himself and not that good to work with. Who knows where the truth is. But, atleast in my opinion, his response to game being supergood cuz it's getting 9s and 10s is out of the reality. And it is extremely off from CDPR that was building their PR as "consumer friendly" company. Why would they care what outlets would rate their game, since from the gamer's perspective it's just not good and not hitting the aims they hoped for. Around 7 on metacritic screams mediocrity, not game being good.

Like what is so problematic about his post to be deleted? Badowski tweeted it so what, was he not expecting people to (rightly or less rightly) call him out on that? There had been some info and it is actually still present on glassdoor that Badowski is full of himself and not that good to work with. Who knows where the truth is. But, atleast in my opinion, his response to game being supergood cuz it's getting 9s and 10s is out of the reality. And it is extremely off from CDPR that was basing as "consumer friendly" company. Why would they care what outlets would rate their game, since from the gamer's perspective it's just not good and not hitting the aims they hoped for. Around 7 on metacritic screams mediocrity, not game being good.
well thats your opinion of the game
and i respect that
but when you say thats its a gamers perspective you wrong...
well thanks m8...
but keep your opinion based on yours.. and not mine

because i love the game and rate it 10/10
even best game in years
because the story is the most important part for me.. and i love it
also NC is the most immersive city i did ever see in a game
and please spare me the its not immersive BS

Well I disagree with this opinion. Yes, I found it very weird to react on Jason article, but your points are probably even worse than Adam's response.

1. You haven't played demo, so you don't know if it was good or bad... that's all.

You can compare mission The Rescue here and you can see it's better now, but still same. The second gameplay video can be played exactly same, just without "wall running" and hacking dead enemies. That was removed and it's something I'm not very surprised by, I'm sure from design choice removing wall running make sense (yes it's cool, I wanted it, but I'm fine with it) and seeing all enemies where they are, in which room etc can be very difficult to do in open world conflicts and they clearly had no time.

2. "There are NO FEATURES AT ALL IN THIS GAME", what? I guess you mean features like activities, ok. It's not GTA San Andreas (fun fact: even in GTA IV or GTA V together have less activities than in San Andreas), but it's still story-driven first person shooter game and where was stated Cyberpunk is going to be next GTA game? It wasn't. I'm not saying it's good to have nothing to do in the city except for GIGS and side jobs, but if their main focus was story, they have done very good job. And btw.. there are features in the game and it's true that removing features in development is very normal. Remember, everything was subject to change. We talking here about gameplay demo from June 2019, that's 18months of development.

About chases, they are really in the game, all of them are scripted and one unscripted where you have to escape NCPD, sadly it's bugged.. :)

3. Sorry, but how naive you have to be to think publishers paying to gaming magazines for good reviews. This is just not happening. Period. This is something that would kill publisher reputation and at the same time magazine reputation and no one ever would trust reviews again so you can close your magazine and maybe even publisher house. I think this is by far biggest myth in this industry.

My problem with his reaction is, you can't just defend your game by saying "but you saw reviews, we had plenty of 9's and 10's". He clearly wrote this without any PR help, we all know game is not finished so trying to say "but it's very good game" is absolutely off.. Yes, I liked the game and if all issues are fixed (NOT MISSING FEATURES!) game will be really great and will target 9/10 at worst.

"Well, i guess this is what the game is guys." Yes it is, we can't change it and they can't change it anymore too. All what we can do, is giving them feedback, hope for redemption and it will never happen again.
Holy moly, dev in disguise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom