Turning off Quest Markers

+
There is always a quest selected in the journal, but some quests don't have a set map destination. One example, if you have the Kill All Psychos quest available you can select it in the journal. This way all you get is the message in the upper-left corner, but there will be no marker on the minimap.

The problem is that after solving any quest or objective the game defaults to selecting the main quest, so you'll have to go in the journal again and select a side-quest like the one I mentioned.

There is always a quest selected in the journal, but some quests don't have a set map destination. One example, if you have the Kill All Psychos quest available you can select it in the journal. This way all you get is the message in the upper-left corner, but there will be no marker on the minimap.

The problem is that after solving any quest or objective the game defaults to selecting the main quest, so you'll have to go in the journal again and select a side-quest like the one I mentioned.

This is not a solution to the problem. This is a workaround that the user can implement.

The solution to the problem is very simple - CDPR needs to allow the player to turn off quest markers.

Just started playing the game. Is there still no way to disable that quest marker on the screen?? It's so irritating especailly since it's flashing all the time. Who thought of such design? And what about keeping the minimap but disabling the direction line there?
Post automatically merged:

Are there some mods that allow turning those markers off?

Last edited:
Edit: N/M, someone already suggested the same solution I was typing out. Sorry!

I just use unusingur's workaround as well, because it's pretty simple as far as annoyances go. Although it'd be nice to have this feature regardless.

Yeah, having a specific quest selected as a workaround is removing it, but it's not really a good method. I hope CDPR will address this in the updates, it's a major immersion breaker.

Yes, this was making me want to put the game down. Finally tried some mods.

Limited HUD with Redscript finally did the job, and more.

Dynamic. Elements of the hud pop up as required [or otherwise configured].

edited the config file until the QuestMarker, OwnedVehichle, and other markers are only visible in ScannerMode. Very nice.

Top Bottom