So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
Is the Cyberpunk 2077 community willing to hold on, if CDPR were to pull off this major overhaul?

They held on for No Man's Sky.

They held on for Final Fantasy 14, which was a far more riskier bet since it's an MMO.

This being a single player game, it's mostly irrelevant whether people "hold on". If they bring the game to their original vision, it'll be big enough news to bring back anyone who left AND sell them expansions later down the road.

Let's not forget we're talking about gamers here. The want to play the game will trump their outrage, as has been proven time and time again.

also, atm there are a lot more people liking the game as it is then the other way around...
so a complete overhaul could also rally the troops on the other side, when they dont like the changes

I don't think they will add any of the missing features, since it looks like they never existed in the first place if you believe the rumors. I think maybe some side missions and short story.

Guest 3847602

also, atm there are a lot more people liking the game as it is then the other way around...
so a complete overhaul could also rally the troops on the other side, when they dont like the changes
It's not just that. Even among those not liking the game, there is no coherent vison of what a complete overhaul would entail.
There are those who want pure-blooded RPG, there are those who want to punch pedestrians and for whom RPG = weapon they want to blow up police cars with.
Some want more of the main story, some want life simulation stuff and sandox elements.
There is no way of satisfying both camps.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, no need to develop multiplayer in the long run. Firstly, they should -after all bugs fixed- more long prologue. And then, we can talk the other things.

They will fix the game because they want us in the multiplayer version...they will add little things the pleyer base want just to get our attention to the multiplayer...you will see...

There were relatively few new games released this year during the few weeks before christmas. Journalists don't want to write another piece about COVID, but at the same time, are filled with negative emotions because of it. So, CDPR was going to get flamed anyway, being as good as the only subject available for their negativity. Sure, Cyberpunk should've been in a much better state at release, but the games media, and frankly, many of the fans as well, are overreacting. There have been much worse releases in the past, but well, they usually had a bunch of other games to go along with them to take some of the flak.

-Duke Nukem Forever anyone? That game should've never been released at all. Media couldn't get away with not mentioning some of the negatives from that disaster, but kept trying to highlight some margin details that weren't as flawed as the rest and selling it as "good".
-Diablo III? Another game that should've never released, a bleak shadow from its predecessor (granted, the bar was set pretty high, especially after Diablo II's LoD expansion). Many players couldn't even log in during the first weeks, but journalists kept writing "that's just a detail, but when you get in, it's great, and all those features you hate are awesome and the direction that games should take moving forward". (Well, even Actiblizzion eventually admitted its mistake and removed the RMT tradehouse. They still believe the game is a worthy addition to the series though, so I wouldn't bother with Diablo IV. Or any Actiblizzion title, for that matter)
-Skyrim? At least Bethesda developers do have some humor, and take the piss on themselves, like references about taking a variety of projectiles to the knees and such.
-Ubisoft, oh, where to start on Ubisoft. It amazes me that company still exists in the first place, given all the crap they released. Technology has advanced over the years, their level design clearly did not, and still follows the exact same philosophy they used for Prince of Persia. And every year for the past two decades, they release new titles with new models, new graphics, more shit, but the exact same required playstyle at its core.

There were relatively few new games released this year during the few weeks before christmas. Journalists don't want to write another piece about COVID, but at the same time, are filled with negative emotions because of it. So, CDPR was going to get flamed anyway, being as good as the only subject available for their negativity. Sure, Cyberpunk should've been in a much better state at release, but the games media, and frankly, many of the fans as well, are overreacting. There have been much worse releases in the past, but well, they usually had a bunch of other games to go along with them to take some of the flak.

-Duke Nukem Forever anyone? That game should've never been released at all. Media couldn't get away with not mentioning some of the negatives from that disaster, but kept trying to highlight some margin details that weren't as flawed as the rest and selling it as "good".
-Diablo III? Another game that should've never released, a bleak shadow from its predecessor (granted, the bar was set pretty high, especially after Diablo II's LoD expansion). Many players couldn't even log in during the first weeks, but journalists kept writing "that's just a detail, but when you get in, it's great, and all those features you hate are awesome and the direction that games should take moving forward". (Well, even Actiblizzion eventually admitted its mistake and removed the RMT tradehouse. They still believe the game is a worthy addition to the series though, so I wouldn't bother with Diablo IV. Or any Actiblizzion title, for that matter)
-Skyrim? At least Bethesda developers do have some humor, and take the piss on themselves, like references about taking a variety of projectiles to the knees and such.
-Ubisoft, oh, where to start on Ubisoft. It amazes me that company still exists in the first place, given all the crap they released. Technology has advanced over the years, their level design clearly did not, and still follows the exact same philosophy they used for Prince of Persia. And every year for the past two decades, they release new titles with new models, new graphics, more shit, but the exact same required playstyle at its core.

So because others have and will do it, it excuses them to do the same? What? I thought they were leaving greed to others... guess i was wrong.

sorry to say this
but the PC version is actualy good
the grafic is good
the animations look realy good (because of motioncapturing)
facial expression looks awesome and belivable
the skin complexion is awsome
i like the 1st person gameplay (iam so happy its not just another 3rd person crap)
i love the City details
i love the german vocalisation

there are still some minor bugs..
and it could be a lot harder on very hard

Yea be sorry then, cause you list things that are surface level at best. The animation, graphics and facial expression look good no doubt. The game is still riddled with glitches, gameplay bugs as well as graphical bugs and animation glitches/bugs.

Even on PC the facial animations of random NPCs you talk to barely exist. A lot of them do not open their mouths when you talk to them.

The first person has nothing to do with the PC version. Its a personal preferance and is neither optional on PC nor on consoles. It has nothing to do with the PC version being good. Neither have city details nor german vocalisation. They should be there on consoles too.

And while the city def. has its charm there is a multitude of buildings that are unaccessible, or you can bug yourself through the wall. Devs claiming that if you find a building interesting you can be sure you can enter it, was a lie. Wether you run it on PC or PS4 most of em are locked without any chance to enter.

The bugs are plentyful on PC as well and the reason it is not hard on "very hard" is because the game is not balanced at all. Most equipment stats, talents and "upgrades" barely matter. You can probably finish the game completely naked. As long as you have a certain level in the game, the balance shifts.

Certain areas of the gameworld are not reachable, and some parts in the world are not fully rendered or you find literal holes so you can fall through the world map.

I mean i like the game, its obviously an unpolished unfinished product, but i got my moneys worth. Its an absolute disappointment if you go by what they promised and what they delivered.

With everything going on right now and from Ex and Current Devs comments on the whole shit Show In and Out.
Seems like the Whole Game Needs an Overhaul. The whole 8 [6] Years of Development didn't pan out so well, hell they Didn't even had a Real Game till 2018 cause that Whole Demo was LITERALLY "Conceptual" Art that should've been shown to Investors, not the Public.
Right now as it stands, they Genuinely Winged the last 2 Years before Release. Slapping whatever they could together to make A Game. It was A Good Game, Nothing crazy. Can't go wrong in a FPS Honestly. Easiest Market there is.
But the game is just a Total Mess. Literally. They didn't have enough time to Iron out anything, Let Alone Finish. Overhauling the whole thing just sounds Better in a Sense they could Go Back and Fix everything, Starting from Scratch instead of Breaking their Backs and Necks, Working 24hrs a Day trying to Fix this Cluster Fuck of a Mess that they Threw out the Window. Because from the Looks of it, it sure as hell aint going to be Easy Fixing the game as is. They may have a "Road Map" for Basically Late 2021 but it's seriously Vague as hell. I don't think they even know How to even Begin Fixing this Bad of a Mess for a Game Already Released, so it's going to Literally take 2 Years for them to Fix the Bugs alone.

I Genuinely feel bad for these Dudes. They knew full well, this Game ain't right. Non of it Meets any of their Standards and wish they could've had more Time to Fix it, even if it meant they had to Crunch for it. Because at least that way they can Chill and Celebrate Now for the Success it could've had instead of having Sleepless Nights Working more Harder and Longer to keep Fixing this Game, Having to Continue on those Crunch time.

They think the game is great as it is on PC, their sales and the game press supports that for whatever reason. Something i don't understand. It's just an average game with awesome visuals. I would never give it something above 7/10 or over 70%, not because of bugs, i had almost none, but because of basic or missing game mechanics.

I doubt that we will see something outside of fixing the consoles and the planned DLCs.

Last edited:
sorry to say this
but the PC version is actualy good
the grafic is good
the animations look realy good (because of motioncapturing)
facial expression looks awesome and belivable
the skin complexion is awsome
i like the 1st person gameplay (iam so happy its not just another 3rd person crap)
i love the City details
i love the german vocalisation

there are still some minor bugs..
and it could be a lot harder on very hard

The animations are good? What about plethora of missing animations for things like opening car doors, in dialogues, there is sometimes a skip, because I guess they were lazy to animate the movement, etc. Furthermore, have you ever checked your shadow for that matter? I have not seen a game that so amteurishly and blatantly straight up ditched the whole shadows animations. Not even indie developer would do something so terrible. How can they have the audacity to stand up and say that the game is good on pc is beyond me. Just because of these shortcuts they decided to take in development it does not scream a good game in my book. And since they stay behind what they had made, however I like it or not, I thus think they would not overhaul it completely.

They think the game is great as it is on PC, their sales and the game press supports that for whatever reason. Something i don't understand. It's just an average game with awesome visuals. I would never give it something above 7/10 or over 70%, not because of bugs, i had almost none, but because of basic or missing game mechanics.

I doubt that we will see something outside of fixing the consoles and the planned DLCs.
The sales argument does not count, because CDPR influenced the review process.
People pre-ordered and brought the game based on the massive amount of PR and premature praise.
While the game might be OK on highest end PCs, it was (and still is) an absolute desaster on console. If console players would have known the extent of the problems, they would have said "oh hell no!" before downloading the game.

So because others have and will do it, it excuses them to do the same? What? I thought they were leaving greed to others... guess i was wrong.
I'm not excusing CDPR. I'm saying both the media and some players are ridiculously overreacting. Especially the media is actually quite unfair in this regard, given how they've covered up for even worse releases in the past. For several journalists, it's almost as if they weren't interested in writing anything positive in the first place. Maybe peeved because they didn't get any exclusives during the development process or something? Maybe their goodiebag wasn't special enough to sell on ebay? I don't care, but they are to blame for overreacting and creating a largely negative atmosphere, ignoring litteraly millions of players who do enjoy the game, who do think they got value for their money, and who can't wait for the game to get even better than that with future updates.

The sales argument does not count, because CDPR influenced the review process.
People pre-ordered and brought the game based on the massive amount of PR and premature praise.
While the game might be OK on highest end PCs, it was (and still is) an absolute desaster on console. If console players would have known the extent of the problems, they would have said "oh hell no!" before downloading the game.

Does not count for us, but i doubt that someone at CDPR thinks that way. You could say it worked out for them, depending on how high the refund numbers are.

Lol.. I said just yesterday the mass majority of players wouldn't be able to understand how incredible & complex the character development is.

It's a shame it'll go over so many people's heads like it did yours. The game is truly a masterclass in character development.
Do please elaborate on the subject.

They are proud of the PC-version, which does not have many bugs.
Many issues (change of avatar, quality of life aspects, ...), which are brought up in threads with suggestions to rescue this game, may be addressed with DLC and extensions.

What worries people is, that the overhaul/implementation of AI (pedestrians, minor NPC, traffic, police, factions like fixers and gangs, ...), which is essential to remedy the Potemkin Village situation, may not be covered by future DLC/extensions.
Also imagine the troubles of implementing the missing "Looks&Style is everything"-aspect which is of the essence in the P&P basis.

Since the reactions of CDPR in the past (weeks and days) tell you only to expect what was explicitly stated, we should expect a shallow experience with this franchise.
I would hope otherwise! I certainly would appreciate a RPG with good story telling, in a non-apocalyptic, non-FTL, non-Alien, near-future-noir lively open world, in contrast to CP2077 which has a dead Potemkin Village instead of the lively world right now.

Last edited:
"Massive overhaul" : when gamedesign have that kind of problems, I don't think so.
There could be adjustements but I think CP77 will be their GTA Vice City.

...GTA4 loading 0.01%.

According to Adam Badowski, nope, so there goes any hope left I had in coming back to actually do everything else.
1610972930925.png

Top Bottom