Would you live in Night City in real life?

+

Gangs

• Voodoo Boys

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Tyger Claws

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Maelstrom

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Valentinos

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • 6th Street

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Animals

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Moxes

Votes: 55 51.9%
  • Scavangers

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
its pretty rough, I mean V is only alive because they have some sort of looping time machine activated on death, and even with that he still ended up fairly screwed.

But if you gotta live there, only vdbs and the mox actually seem to be about more than thuggery/straight evil.

Nope.
Honestly if night city was real, no business would flourish. Nobody wants to open business where their money would be stolen. No one gonna walk down the street only to be shot at. Why would wanna live there, probably only visiting only.

You are missing Corpo in your poll.

I heard on the radio today on an "investment and economics" radio show I get every sunday that we are now living in the era of the end of the nation state and the rise of the corporate state. This finance expert listed several examples such as Amazon teaching classes world wide for things not being taught in our schools such as cloud computing and that another large corporation is providing security networks to neighborhoods where the police have little presence and the fact that large corporations use to give political donations to BOTH democrats and republicans (or what have you in your country) because they did not care who was in charge only that they had the EAR of who ever won the election but NOW the corporations are PICKING sides...

It is spooky playing this game and then hearing this on the radio. Last month on the radio they said our local morticians were advising some people to put dead loved ones in a bathtub with ice because they were backlogged with deaths from the virus and right now processing the dead was not going to be as efficient as it previously was. Mirroring one of the events in this game.

It is such a surrell time I find myself (all of us) in now.

Last edited:
Nope.
Honestly if night city was real, no business would flourish. Nobody wants to open business where their money would be stolen. No one gonna walk down the street only to be shot at. Why would wanna live there, probably only visiting only.
I live in a city which was similar to night city.
Business would flourish because people have their own reason to living in this special city.
For the history of my city, usually, that reason is other place are worse. A war agaist fascist was breaking all over the country and we faced the genocide, the city was a heaven to avoid slaughter.
People are force to live in, run out and you will die. I believe it's same at CP world.
Whatever V told you NC is a city of dream, the truth is people live worse at other place so that NC became a dream.
Judy can live well because she has excellent tech to keep her away from the deep shit.
Not everyone can do that.
The concentrate of population bring flourish. People need eat, wear, and a place to sleep.
Where there is money, where there is business. To avoid risk, they pay for gangs, which also make gangs powerful.
The organization which have the true power left the street to the gangs, and the leader of the most powerful gang became the KING OF CITY.
Yeah I'm talking about real history...
But finally, we win the war, we end the abnormal situation of the city.
So, I believe it still have hope.

i would have taken Valentinos if i was a latin american
but iam not, so i did pick 6th street, but i dont like any of those gangs...
because they are gangs

Btw I choose Mox because their background and setting feels best and most intimate. I wish I could say it means they'll always have each others backs. But then you come across Lizzie's story with the Tyger Claws.
Which makes you wonder, maybe they wouldn't be a bad clan, hence changing vote for now. Also, they run badass cars. And while I love the Maelstrom more and more. I wouldn' t wanna go through their 'Initiation' for the life of me.
Every other clan I feel little connection towards.

Which version of Night City?

The real Cyberpunk 2020+ version?

Nah...too much Corpo and gang stress.

The game version with all the exploits?

Nah...too empty and unfinished.

As someone with a chronic disease is would love to augment my body and transcend beyond my mortal and sick body.

For the gangs.
None of them have an ultimate appeal.

VDB, Maelstroms and Scav are psychos and need to be eradicated.

6th Street, Valentino's, Kitty Claws are too generic.

Animals are too dumb. They just bulk up without finesse.

Mox have a great ideal, but are too naive and limited in scope.

I wouldn't join a gang. At most, I'd probably go Mox or Nomads, but I just wouldn't want to be forced into social situations more than I have to. You don't really get a lot of choice in gangs.

Which version of Night City?

The real Cyberpunk 2020+ version?

Nah...too much Corpo and gang stress.

The game version with all the exploits?

Nah...too empty and unfinished.

As someone with a chronic disease is would love to augment my body and transcend beyond my mortal and sick body.

For the gangs.
None of them have an ultimate appeal.

VDB, Maelstroms and Scav are psychos and need to be eradicated.

6th Street, Valentino's, Kitty Claws are too generic.

Animals are too dumb. They just bulk up without finesse.

Mox have a great ideal, but are too naive and limited in scope.

why are VDB psychos? you mean the old sourcebook version, or the 2077 version?

if i have a manor on North Oak or a Penthouse (or even a flat) in Charter Hill or downtown and a Navi to go to work in corpo plazza yes, otherwise nope.

That's bigger question than it might seem form the get go.

Visual, atmosphere, anarychy, possibilities? YES I would.

Distopian hopeless future everywhere, progress stuck for 50 years, poverty, violence, suffering, lack of humumanity, no commercial taboos? NO thanks xD

I'd much rather live in Dunwall xD

I just remembered that there's no Pizza with real cheese in Night City. No mozzarella, no real meat, no bacon, no onion slices for your Pizza. A sad world.

I don't want to live there after all and retract my vote.

But at least, putting pineapple on Pizza is outlawed in NC.

Top Bottom