Djinni Editor and your average noob

+
As much I understood with my indiverend comand of English. I just have to...
  • Take a map from the unbifed foldert (tried reggl24_0.bmp) and copy it into the data folder.
  • Type in gl24_0 in the area properties.
What did I miss?

NayAva said:
As much I understood with my indiverend comand of English. I just have to...
  • Take a map from the unbifed foldert (tried reggl24_0.bmp) and copy it into the data folder.
  • Type in gl24_0 in the area properties.
What did I miss?
Waypoints? they have to be placed for _sure_. What you wrote is correct, but if it was me I would manually copy all the data they supplied in the zip for the contest in the temp folder to be sure d'jinni finds it, or open the resources explorer in D'jinni, look for the bmp file (and all the otehr files), right click on it and select 'add to module', that option copies the bmp file to the temp folder... but as I said, maybe it is me being a geek, but I prefer to work on the temp folder by myself, it is faster.... ::)

Ok, so add map to module. Did you use this script on enter? void main(){ LoadAreaMap("_0");}if not, use it. Set two waypoints in area editor: wp_special_near_0 wp_special_far_0. White pixels in bmp file show you where to set those waypoints.

scripts to make the map-thing running?endrek,you confuse some modders here (me i.e.) My mod is running without this. Lucky me ;D

It still do not work. I discovered the _0 in the way points was missing and that they are not exact at the pixels. I added it, but it do not help. I also added all to the module and tried the script but it always ends with "No map for this location", "No map for this location"...

Hi Nayava,forget those scripted map, it works without any script. These waypoints have to be named "wp_special_near" and "wp_special_far" and not with that _0 on end or something like this. Use standard waypoint template.
scripts to make the map-thing running?endrek,you confuse some modders here (me i.e.) My mod is running without this. Lucky me
Me too ??? 8) ;D

NayAva said:
It still do not work. I discovered the _0 in the way points was missing and that they are not exact at the pixels. I added it, but it do not help. I also added all to the module and tried the script but it always ends with "No map for this location", "No map for this location"...
there must be an error in the aurora log, when you start your mod-test like this: " WARNING: regions map 'reggl24' or 'reggl24' 2da doesn't exist! THE MAP IS FROZEN NOW." right?or missed the djinni the two waypoints (near ans far) ?One of these should be displayed in the aurora log.

I'm past that, but i still only have the black square instead of the actual map (but the Temeria map is fine)I can document what i have done on the wiki, but not this minute.. and on a different note: is there any way to save just one layer of an area and export it or move it to another copy of the same module ? Simon is in Scotland and i'm in Quebec and cooperative work on a module is challenging :)

HexenmeisterRaven said:
forget those scripted map, it works without any script. These waypoints have to be named "wp_special_near" and "wp_special_far" and not with that _0 on end or something like this. Use standard waypoint template.
Mine are standard too, I tried it without _0 and I deleted the script. Still "No map for this location"...
HexenmeisterRaven said:
It still do not work. I discovered the _0 in the way points was missing and that they are not exact at the pixels. I added it, but it do not help. I also added all to the module and tried the script but it always ends with "No map for this location", "No map for this location"...there must be an error in the aurora log, when you start your mod-test like this: " WARNING: regions map 'reggl24' or 'reggl24' 2da doesn't exist! THE MAP IS FROZEN NOW." right?or missed the djinni the two waypoints (near ans far) ?One of these should be displayed in the aurora log.
Yes, djinni do not find the map. But it is in the data folder. I tried another map but dinni did not find it too.

Thingol said:
scripts to make the map-thing running?endrek,you confuse some modders here (me i.e.) My mod is running without this. Lucky me ;D
Ok, sorry, there are some possibilities (ex script) so I tried everything to help Nayava ;)Nayava,So You added "Regions bitmap override" and "Regions 2da override" (in Area Properties/Area map - simply by writing the map file name), set two waypoints with tag "wp_special_near" and "wp_special_far", added everything to module and it doesn't work ?

gamewidow said:
exactly and no map errors either, just no map of the village
maybe it could be an error of the Djinni itself.If there are too many unbifed Files in the witcher/data folder, or there are two files of same kind in this data folder, Djinni cause some funny (not really :-[) errors. @congratulations for winning the 1 Stage of the Contest. (Simon as well) :beer:

well, too many files could certainly be the problem ... but which ones can i safely move elsewhere ?what is the minimum number of files i need if i am using areas GL24 (village) and G35 (crypt) and what exact names should they have and where should they be (Templates folder ?, a subfolder of Templates ?)i really need this specific information

I'm not sure if this is the problem. I have all unbiffed stuff in my data folder, only deleted the doubled.But for some things I had deleted the ones that came with the game and left in the ones from m1_module, but it all runs fine at my mod.When D'jinni starts, there will be red lined error message of that double files, be sure that you haven't them. Else delete all those double ones. Try to put in only the bmp-override in properties, not that 2da override. I have only that bmp-override in there and left the 2da empty.When I have finished here in forum, I send that download with mapstuff for l24 to Simon per mail.Sorry, no more ideas on this thing yet.

Thanks all for your help. This map still do not work. But I tried another three maps and they work without problem. Even the placing of the way points works perfect. The map mark is exactly where I place the way point.

Thanks Raven ... i have no doubles, that is not my problem :) ... but what exactly my problem is remains a completely mystery to me sadly

gamewidow said:
Thanks Raven ... i have no doubles, that is not my problem :) ... but what exactly my problem is remains a completely mystery to me sadly
Just so everyone knows, I'm putting my notes together on this here. I'm up to the point where I have a blank black square for the 'local' map and a fully-working 'world' map - the same point the Widow was at days ago (and I wouldn't be there without her help). She has also put wp_special_near and wp_special_far in what we're both convinced are the right places on our map (i.e. on the ruined bridge and at the arch over the road leading towards the lakeshore respectively.I'm presently investigating whether we have exactly the right names for the magic waypoints.

Top Bottom