Night City vs Glass City.

+

What is better - semi-open world in Mirror's Edge Catalyst or open world in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Night City is better

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Glass City is better

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Hello everyone! :)

After playing though the Cyberpunk 2077 I decided to replay another open world cyberpunk game. Well, I think it would be more fair to call it semi-open world - I'm talking about Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. So, I installed the game on my PS4 Pro, and started playing. I have to say I've really forgotten how amazingly great a game (released in 2016) manages to create an illusion of huge city. Yes, you cannot go anywhere you want, but just look at the scale and the traffic! In my opinion it looks and feels much better than the Night City even in its 1920x1080 resolution.

And by the way, you can't go anywhere you want in Night City too, you just have some more freedom to explore than in Glass City (not too much more freedom in fact). So, what do you think, was the open world aspect of Cyberpunk 2077 worth it, or it would be better to limit exploration by half and pay more attention to the details?

I would always choose a smaller more detailed world with greater reaction to decisions, than a larger world that has less.

I've always preferred hub game design than open world since open world games either trade sweeping changes for smaller intimate details or trade both for story.

As for which I prefer - definitely Night City. Night City has presence, you feel the scale, you feel the angles, you feel like you are an ant in a giant city. Being able to pick out a sky scraper whilst in the bad lands and drive to it until you're dwarfed in its shadow is amazing.

I would always choose a smaller more detailed world with greater reaction to decisions, than a larger world that has less.

I've always preferred hub game design than open world since open world games either trade sweeping changes for smaller intimate details or trade both for story.

As for which I prefer - definitely Night City. Night City has presence, you feel the scale, you feel the angles, you feel like you are an ant in a giant city. Being able to pick out a sky scraper whilst in the bad lands and drive to it until you're dwarfed in its shadow is amazing.
I agree with this sense of scale; its great in Night City. Pitty it's not playable on my pc.

Well, "I can really go there" effect of Night City has its limits too. There is almost no vertical exploration, I move on the bottom of the map most of the time. It's not very much different from being limited to the rooftops, but at least there is much more vertical exploration and more great views in ME:C.

Top Bottom