If you could ask a question and get a honest answer, what would you ask CDPR?

+
Why doesn't the arm cyberware work as described? (Gorilla arms dont help open doors or rip turrets off, monowire doesn't allow remote hacking, and mantis blades dont wall climb)

Dear CDPR,

I believe you truly did set out to make an amazing cyberpunk RPG as you announced as your goal but its obvious that didn't happen. Even worse the game you ended up making feels below average at best and I don't believe you when you say you're proud of it because the game is an embarrassment on multiple levels.

Let us call what you told us you were making a trip to the North pole, and the end result of your journey landing you at the South pole. How did you set out for the North pole and end up at the South pole? What is the major reason you failed so badly?

Over the course of CP 2077's development; what changes to gameplay, story, and features were made; who made those decisions; why, are they still with CDPR in any capacity?

My one main question is the NPC (cars) AI, why did you say it would have a living city when you knew what you had ready to release was nothing like that.

For me it is the total ruin of walking the city streets, NPC's with rinse and repeat shorts distance commands instead of walking around a few blocks to take some time to repeat. Cars not knowing what to do next, I know there's other things but this is for me one of the worst parts of the game. Ruins any attempt at immersion

Last edited:
Trick question...

As proven you won't get an honest answer from them. No point in asking. They're still trying to get people to believe they had no clue consoles were in the state they are. Would everyone be in a rage if they had been honest and delayed or released with transparency? Sure, but they'd have kept the one thing developers can't seem to grasp any more... trust.

Why didn't you made the game advertised in 2018 and took your time as you said you would instead of aiming at new consoles launch for more money ?

Why didn't you release it when it was ready?

For me and it might be a silly question, but I can't figure out why this was added to the game and it is nothing that I have seen anyone from CDPR comment on. So my question would be:

Why or who decided that selecting penis size in the character creation was needed and what purpose was this originally meant to serve in the game?

I simply can't, for the love of God, figure out why this detail was added in the game, because surely they must have had a meeting about it and decided they thought it should be in the game for whatever reason. But there is nothing in the game that even remotely uses this "feature" customization.
To be honest, this one isn't difficult to answer, imo. Just like eyes shape, it has no bearing on gameplay. Pure aesthetic thing. For example, some people like to model their characters to resemble themselves, so it makes sense giving them at least some choice when it comes to even genitalia.

On the topic. My question:
Do you believe people had unrealistic expectations for your game after all those promos promising next-gen AI and day-night cycle, unparalleled freedom and quest branching, every decision having ripple effect on the world etc?

Well first question that came to mind was:
How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
But that's really just Monkey Island barging into my mind after years again...
My more serious question, as most in regards to development have mostly been asked, would be:
Is Alt actually speaking the factual truth about Soulkiller and V and what is that truth exactly?

Why is the game so different today then the one we were shown in 2018?

I mean I get the whole "gameplay may change" thing, I really do, but this is a huge departure from the game that we were shown in 2018. The sad truth is that while gameplay may change, in all the marketing since then, they haven't shown a marketable deviation from that gameplay in 2018.

Then we get this. So what happened exactly to go from an indepth RPG to a borderlands style action-adventure with RPG elements?
I heard that they made this game for High end Pcs and next gen consoles, but when they started working on ancient last gen consoles , problems arised. So they had to downgrade the game so we don't get 2 different games...

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, this one isn't difficult to answer, imo. Just like eyes shape, it has no bearing on gameplay. Pure aesthetic thing. For example, some people like to model their characters to resemble themselves, so it makes sense giving them at least some choice when it comes to even genitalia.
It might be, but if that is the reason, clearly choosing one's height and weight ought to have been more important, yet you have no options here :)

If you compare it to Conan exiles where you have full nudity as well, it doesn't as such serve a gameplay purpose here either, but at least you could argue that when you die you end up running around naked and is vulnerable until you reclaim your gear, it also serves as a visual indicator to other people that you most likely have nothing on you worth taking and therefore less of an interesting target for pvpers, in some cases it is done for fun obviously, but at least in my experience it's often done to show others that you might be in a "gathering/building" state at the moment. And also gear in Conan can be fairly heavy, unless you spec your character for resource gathering, which will obviously make you bad in combat, so people don't want to risk losing good gear when not specced for combat.

But in CP one could at least argue that with the nudity filter setting off, it would in certain cases support immersion. But the filter does nothing for this setting anyway. Neither for the male or female V.

Why have you not playtested the game before releasing it?

I know the answer to my own question, yet it seems the "Management" thinks we don't know that the game was not at all playtested.From the crafting system where i must upgrade crafting components,and i have like 1000 low quality, i'm supposed to click atleast 100 times on craft to upgrade.Also the button craft takes like a second to work,so if you try too fast you do nothing.The keymappings on PC don't make any sense,yet you can't remap F to E.Minimap scaling.Thank god to PC mods,these issues were fixed.Small things compared to the inconsistencies on the story,or the bugs.But it's clear as a day they threw out in the wild the game literally as soon as could.

Last edited:
Was it pure greed or ineptitude that made you release the game when you did in the state that it is?

An honest answer to the above question would tell us if CDPR is turning into EA 2.0, or if they lost their marbles (so to speak) or if this was just some perfect storm of various fuckups (most unlikely, but this is the only case where the company can redeem themselves).

It might be, but if that is the reason, clearly choosing one's height and weight ought to have been more important, yet you have no options here :)
Height and weight are difficult things to implement due to cinematic nature and first person. Overweight person will have more problems with clipping, most likely. Too tall or too short won't fit camera placement.

Height and weight are difficult things to implement due to cinematic nature and first person. Overweight person will have more problems with clipping, most likely. Too tall or too short won't fit camera placement.
Yeah think you are right about that and mostly not worth it, clearly we don't like having Ark or Atlas character creator quality in CP, that would completely ruin the game.

But I honestly think that the genital size is either a gimmick that they after announcing it created to many headlines, so they had to leave it. Or it is a cut feature which were actually related to some of the adult content that was suppose to have been in the game, but which got cut away as well, maybe something from the first installment of the game, which then got scrapped when they went with the whole Keanu main character and linear storyline. But I would still really have liked to have known why or what the idea behind it originally was, simply out of curiosity.

Top Bottom