Costly, painfull, popular - examples of mistakes made by players

+
I probably played close to a couple dozen Battle Trance games last season and managed to have 2 games, both against NG funnily enough, in which:
1. The opponent used his Imposter leader ability on my Artis, and
2. The opponent Yen'ned my Artis and then played it next turn :D

There should be a "Bruh..." button. "Well played" doesn't quite do the justice.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I probably played close to a couple dozen Battle Trance games last season and managed to have 2 games, both against NG funnily enough, in which:
1. The opponent used his Imposter leader ability on my Artis, and
2. The opponent Yen'ned my Artis and then played it next turn :D

There should be a "Bruh..." button. "Well played" doesn't quite do the justice.

Yeah, similar thing happened to me a couple of times with Villentretenmerth... im trying to burn their highest unit, they use Imposter on Villy... which still burns their highest unit :ohstopit:

I’v had people use imposter on my stregobor. Then again, they might not have had a better target as I was playing a deck designed solely to play as many neutral cards as quickly as possible.

Don't get old.

One of the problems with ageing is that like it or not your memory starts to go. This leads to some very basic mistakes. The one I kick myself for most is when I get so wrapped up in a game that I forget to use my leader ability. Doesn't happen too often but its painful when I realise that I've thrown a game I could have won.

Just knocking out a daily quest to play 60 special cards with a shall we say - less than competitive deck. Basically the specials are all boosts in the vain hope my opponants arent playing any control cards whatsoever.

Anywho, lose round 1, he/she dry passes 2, and into 3. Only have 2 actual units and 5 boosts. Manage to keep both units - Nataniel Pastodi and a drummer on the board, so I have 2 bleeding effects running after my last play, my cards are at 14 and 15 points.
My opponant has Syanna sitting pretty on their ranged row and as I am only 2 points ahead - I'm doomed.

He/she activates Syanna and plays........Geralt Igni, I suppose looking forward to the double whammy on my poor two units.

Pity about that initiative.......cue bleeding, and I win by 2 points
Winning one game with a deck like that is worth all the 2-0 losses

Wonder why I didnt get a GG?

Playing SK Warriors against ST. Opponent has an 8 unit melee row, I have a 9 point Greatsword on the board. Opponent puts Great Oak to the right of his 8 units, damages my Greatsword by 8 (bringing him to 1). I play Hemdall that pings his Melee row 9 times, also bringing my Greatsword back up to 10. Effectively a 26 point Hemdall.

This happened in R2, which I was severely behind in after having lost R1. The tempo play and complete nullification of his Oak turned the tides, and I won R2 with 0 cards in both our hands. Opponent forfeit in R3 when he had a last say remaining but I was winning 14-0 (yay for SK veterans!)

My NG Assimilate vs SK Alchemy deck. R1 I portal out my bronze assimilate engines, opponent immediately plays their scenario. I have an alchemy card in hand so I start mass copying their alchemy engine created by the scenario. By the end of the round I have about 6 of those engines on my side.

Opponent forgot about row limitations, which was probably the worst mistake, other than round 1 scenario, and lost a card trying to play on a board full of their crows and my spies (my guess was they were trying to play that druid that boosts by the amount of beasts on the field). I then win the round with my create a NG alchemy card because of all of the +2 boosts to my copied SK engines + my assimilate procs.

Playing vs NR Blue Stripes Commando spam with my brand new Vampire deck. Last round, last card being played is from me, it's Naglfair, I have 2 cards to choose from: 1. Yghern, 2. Katakan... I am thinking WELL YGHERN IS 13 POINTS, So Imma play that! And a split second after I pick it I remember that I have 0 cards in my hand thus Yghern will end up killing itself lol (cuz of it's Exposed self-destruct handicap). :[ Bam, Yghern instakills itself lool, so instead of playing for 8 points (Katakan) I played for 0 lol. Lucky me I was winning regardless of this as I was far enough ahead. :p
In my defense this is the first time I play a Yghern in any deck (not counting Arena which I haven't played in ages). :shrug:

Playing my SY hoard deck vs NG imprisonment. I win R1, R2 I bleed a little bit. Opponent uses a leader charge to lock and kill my Flying Redanian after I passed, which just came back to the board with the coins I had, but opponent passed after that anyway with multiple cards in hand and lost the match. Don't know if that was their version of forfeiting or if they didn't realize that the Flying Redanian doesn't stay locked in the graveyard and didn't realize I was still in the lead when they passed.

I recently had an opponent play Oneiromancy to take Royal decree. They were not playing into a Skellen and they were not procing something like Johnny or Sarah. They were not playing around Isabel or Cantarella as I wasn’t playing Nilfgaard. Is there any other reason for this maneuver I am overlooking — other than playing one more special card for a quest?

I recently had an opponent play Oneiromancy to take Royal decree. They were not playing into a Skellen and they were not procing something like Johnny or Sarah. They were not playing around Isabel or Cantarella as I wasn’t playing Nilfgaard. Is there any other reason for this maneuver I am overlooking — other than playing one more special card for a quest?
An odd version of thinning?

I sometimes forget that I'm in round 2 and not in round 3. :/ So my opponent passes with 0 cards and I have 2 cards in my hand left so I just gotta play 1 more to get advantage and then pass to play R3 with a card advantage BUT I play my last card for no bloody reason just cause I thought the game was over so why not! xD Ended up losing my card advantage for R3 and also lost the game...
Also once I pushed the opponent in R2 instead of just dry passing cuz I somehow completely forgot that it's R2 and not R3... ;( didn't win that one either xD but would have won if I played normally.

Also once I pushed the opponent in R2 instead of just dry passing cuz I somehow completely forgot that it's R2 and not R3... ;( didn't win that one either xD but would have won if I played normally.
This happened to me semi-recently. That's why I prefer not to play too many games in a row.

I played a game in which the person played Viy as the first card in the first round and didn't immediately consume it. I, of course, locked it and the instaforfeit was so swift it took my brain a second to process what had just happened.

I sometimes forget that I'm in round 2 and not in round 3. :/ So my opponent passes with 0 cards and I have 2 cards in my hand left so I just gotta play 1 more to get advantage and then pass to play R3 with a card advantage BUT I play my last card for no bloody reason just cause I thought the game was over so why not! xD Ended up losing my card advantage for R3 and also lost the game...

As a new player, I have thought it was round 3 when it wasn't an embarrassing number of times. I'm blowing through every good card, using leader abilities, asking myself "How did I get myself in this position? I had such a good start...", while my opponent is wondering why I'm so hellbent on ending this game in two rounds.

Also... veil. Until I learned to always check for that little icon, my happiness was often ruined when I realized "that dude ain't bleeding..."

As a new player, I have thought it was round 3 when it wasn't an embarrassing number of times. I'm blowing through every good card, using leader abilities, asking myself "How did I get myself in this position? I had such a good start...", while my opponent is wondering why I'm so hellbent on ending this game in two rounds.

Also... veil. Until I learned to always check for that little icon, my happiness was often ruined when I realized "that dude ain't bleeding..."

HAHAHA

a lot of times i made that mistake in units with veil. Also trying to block it.

Of course the units wich starts with veil its more dificult i do that, but if my opponent use crystal skull or another thing thats put veil in a unit its normal for me sometimes dont realyze that and try to bleed or block that unit

HAHAHA

a lot of times i made that mistake in units with veil. Also trying to block it.

Of course the units wich starts with veil its more dificult i do that, but if my opponent use crystal skull or another thing thats put veil in a unit its normal for me sometimes dont realyze that and try to bleed or block that unit
It doesn’t help that the icons for veil and shield often blend into the card art, I never miss a bleeding unit; why can’t these more critical statuses be just as visible?

DRK3

Forum veteran
This is more of a PSA:

I was playing Lippy on Seasonal, and opponent was NG. He was trying to get my Lippy on R1, as that play is quite devastating, and i didnt have it in hand, so there was a chance he would get it... and he did, with cantarella, but he played it on ranged row, discarding his entire deck but one, leaving him no chance for later rounds... he still took like 20 seconds to figure out the mess he made and forfeit.

KIDS, DONT PLAY STOLEN LIPPYS ON RANGED ROW IN R1.
He IS row-locked, so you dont even have to discard it, just play on melee and his effect wont trigger so you dont discard your entire deck.

This is more of a PSA:

I was playing Lippy on Seasonal, and opponent was NG. He was trying to get my Lippy on R1, as that play is quite devastating, and i didnt have it in hand, so there was a chance he would get it... and he did, with cantarella, but he played it on ranged row, discarding his entire deck but one, leaving him no chance for later rounds... he still took like 20 seconds to figure out the mess he made and forfeit.

KIDS, DONT PLAY STOLEN LIPPYS ON RANGED ROW IN R1.
He IS row-locked, so you dont even have to discard it, just play on melee and his effect wont trigger so you dont discard your entire deck.
Maybe my favorite! :think:

Top Bottom