[Spoiler Alert] What is the best ending for you?

+

What is the best ending for you?

• Suicide

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • The Devil, sign contract

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • The Devil, don't sign contract

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Temperance, ask Rogue to help

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Temperance, ask Panam to help

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • The Star

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • The Sun

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Secret, Temperance

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Secret, The Sun

Votes: 28 19.3%

• Total voters
*This is base on Panam is your romance and Johnny is your friend.

Suicide - Both you and Johnny die, no one sacrifice, your friends sad or angry, Panam curse you to rot in hell.

The Devil - Johnny will no longer befriend and gone, Misty say you betray friend and become evil, Takemura grateful, Saburo took his son body and revive, Arasaka thrive
Sign contract - Your soul achieved in Mikoshi waiting new body( or simply just eternal prison ).
Don't sign contract - You have just 6 months of life.

*All non The Devil ending - Hanako die, Arasaka falling, Yorinobu try to be peace with Militech, Takemura curse you to rot in hell, Alt destroy Mikoshi and absorb all soul then venture beyond Blackwall.

Temperance - You voluntarily let Johnny take your body while you go with Alt, Johnny live ordinary life and leave Night City, Panam swear to kill Johnny.
Ask Rogue to help - Rogue die
Ask Panam to help - A lot of Aldecados members die, at least including Saul, Bob and Teddy.

The Star - Must ask Panam to help, you and Panam leave Night City to live together, you have just 6 months of life.

The Sun - Must ask Rogue to help, you become legend but have just 6 months of life, you spent last moment on taking final impossible gig for Mr. Blue Eyes( suspect he is Gaunter O'dimm in this game :p )

Secret Endings - Only you and Johnny take on suicide mission to storm Arasaka Tower so no one sacrifice, thus epilogue mission and ending slides are different

My Nomad was most satisfied with 'The Star' as an ending. I think this even beats out the 'Secret' ending.

I have subsequently done al the endings just to see them. I suspect my 'Street Kid' is going to prefer the 'Secret' ending, dunno for sure. My corpo - I have no idea which of these endings will fit her.

Guest 4412420

The "secret" ending felt like the most fitting course of action for my V to take, but there's no ending that's the best for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
the sun
+ absolutely badass attack on arasaka tower as previous rebel path missions
+ space
+ you let johhny to finish smasher and then let him dissolves in cyberhell as redemption
+ panam and nomads are not in danger, nomad choombas are alive
+ rogue pays her price for helping silverhand with nuclear bombing
+ city choombas are near
+ rich mansion
+ panam leaves only at the last moment
+ V fulfills jackie's dream
+ arasaka is collapsing and V is going to destroy them for jackie
+ V doesn't fade away
+ tarot cards + the sun tarot card achievement
+ proves that panam contacts doesn't work

- at first i got bugged ending without panam in the shower and naked talk with mr.be
- construct V behaves very strange
- arasaka technology is in hands of unknown corporation

I'm not particularly happy about any of the endings, but if I have to choose: Secret/The Sun

No LIs, didn't want to leave Night City and my V felt the most in character in Don't Fear The Reaper ("If I have to die I'd rather go with a gun in my hand and on fire").

All of them are equally bad to me

I think its more cultural thing... in the past for example, people liked tragic stories where main protagonist dies to save somebody... and people loved those.. but, they would be characterized as "Bad endings" today...

Cyberpunk 2077 story is not a happy story... but endings are satisfying.. no matter which one you chose, each one of them are memorable.

I think its more cultural thing... in the past for example, people liked tragic stories where main protagonist dies to save somebody... and people loved those.. but, they would be characterized as "Bad endings" today...

Cyberpunk 2077 story is not a happy story... but endings are satisfying.. no matter which one you chose, each one of them are memorable.
Where did I say that I think they are bad because they are not happy?

The Arasaka one, signing the contract for me.

As I've stated multiple times now, I think it could be the most interesting to start from in a DLC.
Fighting Mr.Blue Eyes as a reprogrammed engram slave to Saburo, maybe even adding the humanity concept as in the PnP game, breaking the 4th wall by revealing the player is inside the game as the virus V caught from Sandra Dorsett.

I made my V a male streetkid merc. Didnt indulged him in any romance, (although became best friend with Judy:(, wanted her to romance). So for this character The Sun ending was perfect, he took revenge for everyone, from a street kid to legend was a good story. Now living large in night city where he grew up, and meeting with mr.blue eyes, Got a big job.
Alternatively, for me if you use mod or play female v, the star ending with judy beside you is also good, you are not a legend, but are with people who cares about you.

From a sheer "gaming" perspective my favourite mission is the secret one, this is why i spent so much time building my V in whatever way i deemed fit and built the relationships aswell as made the choices i did. I never built the relationships to possibly sacrifice them on a suicide mission , i built them to give my V something to focus on having waiting once they themselves took matters into there own hands and fixed there problem, something your repeatedly told.

I dislike its epilogue, i believe players shouldn't have been railroaded into this "Johnny" epilogue an instead believe the secret end should've gave a simple choice upon completion, stay or leave, we deserved that much

As epilogues go i like the nomad one but really dislike the actual mission the more i play it.

I got 4 characters sitting at the end of the game but not did the ending because either the missions good but the epilogues shit or the epilogues good but the missions shit and tbh i cant be bothered anymore doing one to sit through the other so my characters are just left witout a ending when i fancy a reroll which tbh is fine with me since i've seen them all anyhow

Actually if I can re-write the ending I will find a way to halt the advance of my neural degeneration, have my mind segmented so that Johnny can live on within me without killing me. We can share women and bomb the occasional Arasaka. That way the story and legend lives on... More DLCs and sequels...

so far my favorite ending is posting on this forum since my pre-order never arrived glad to know my 60 was well spent

Actually if I can re-write the ending I will find a way to halt the advance of my neural degeneration, have my mind segmented so that Johnny can live on within me without killing me. We can share women and bomb the occasional Arasaka. That way the story and legend lives on... More DLCs and sequels...
Days are gone when endings were good...now bittersweet are in the trend

Shared time body.
Well. It's actually not that bad if some rules are OK. No smoking, no tattoos and only good bookers.

The person who just wants some time off, goes hiding in the head and reads a book.

According to Misty, there are four endings; Temperance, the devil, the sun and the star.
Right before she tells you this she says she cannot give you all the answers, there are more endings.
Suicide is not an option in games or in life.
Going solo against Arasaka is just a variation of one of the afore mentioned endings.
I believe the key to a better ending is the 5th attribute and the clues to unlocking it are in the game.

The image below stares us right in the face every time we enter Misty's esoterica, look familiar? (its rotated)
photomode_18012021_193126 (2).png

Top Bottom