can i edit NPC, ITEMS, STORES, and ETC in the MAIN STORYLINE???

+
can i edit NPC, ITEMS, STORES, and ETC in the MAIN STORYLINE???

i'm getting nowhere with the editor... so here goes my question...can i or can i not edit stores and storages in the main storyline?can i or can i not create uber powerful weapons and armors and apply on the main storyline?and best of all can i or can i not edit anything on the main storyline or is it just the module of "PRICE OF NEUTRALITY"?P.S. i'm trying to find the "Price of Neutrality" quest and i'm kinda lost... can you give me directions please? lol ;D

You cannot change anything in The Witcher itself with Djinni. You can use resources from The Witcher, but without editing the files using fan-made tools, cannot affect the game.Price of Neutrality is m1_module.adv in your Shared Documents/The Witcher folder.

Vaernus said:
You cannot change anything in The Witcher itself with Djinni. You can use resources from The Witcher, but without editing the files using fan-made tools, cannot affect the game.Price of Neutrality is m1_module.adv in your Shared Documents/The Witcher folder.
found it... you mean we can't edit the main storyline except the modules for the new advetures? i was really hoping to edit items inside the main story...come to think of it.... an export character feature would be nice(neverwinter side-effect and hate starting over characters)... lol...

i havent yet messed round with the editor, but shouldnt we be able to unzip it all and include it as a "new" adventure, but using everything from the old game?

If you go under the Data/Modules/!Final folder, you will find a bunch of .mod files. These are the areas from the game complete with the location of all triggers, placeables, etc. However, it's just areas and elements in areas. If you were to import these into a custom module, and then also import dialogues, quests, scripts etc for the game from uncompress BIF files, you can theoretically recreate the game piece by piece. But it would most certainly not be an easy process by a long shot. :)

Can I made my own characters for instance I would like to add some of the characters from other games /movies and also is it posible to make our own cutscenes since I have RAD tools , and what about weapon can it be designed or just to place already existing . I am going nowhere with the editor .

To edit the game modules, go to "Data\modules\!Final\ " in your game directory, pick a module you'd like to edit (don't forget to backup your original), now move the file to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\The Witcher", and rename the extension .mod to .adv, then you can edit the module in D'jinni. After the rename it to .mod again, and move it back to the original folder.To edit other stuff, like items and stores, you have to extract them from the game resources using a Bif extractor, edit them in D'jinni or using a Kgff editor, and then put them in the "Data" folder.Here are some links to fan-made tools you can use:http://ronald.hoffman6.googlepages.com/homehttp://iamtk102.googlepages.com/

i completely forgot that i did create a thread like this... lol... :Di successfully extracted items to appear on the d'jinni(got the info from A.E.K. :beer:) and modified the game to obtain all necessary items from the start(simply to say i mod to have uber powerful weapons from the start)... i'm still confused though... do i have to extract everything or only the things that are important... because i do not know if the extracted files will have a conflicting issue on the other... lol ;D

JSlash said:
To edit the game modules, go to "Data\modules\!Final\ " in your game directory, pick a module you'd like to edit (don't forget to backup your original), now move the file to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\The Witcher", and rename the extension .mod to .adv, then you can edit the module in D'jinni. After the rename it to .mod again, and move it back to the original folder.To edit other stuff, like items and stores, you have to extract them from the game resources using a Bif extractor, edit them in D'jinni or using a Kgff editor, and then put them in the "Data" folder.Here are some links to fan-made tools you can use:http://ronald.hoffman6.googlepages.com/homehttp://iamtk102.googlepages.com/
cool... i'll test this one now... :beer:thanks guys... :beer: and gals :beer:

Aquineas said:
Hmm I tried this for Kaer Morhen and it died.. make note that it doesn't work for all of 'em.
I didn't screw around much, but i've encountered some wierd stuff in Kaer Morhen. I tried to add a container at the very start, where you pick up the rusty sword, and it worked, except that the container did not open! I added another one inside Kaer Morhen, and when i'm playing it's not there, though it's still there when i reopen the module in the editor, i haven't figured out what caused this, but other than that it worked fine.I edited all the game modules, but i just changed the areas flag to "dangerous" at all times so i can use weapons and signs anytime, and i reached chapter 4 now with the edited modules with no problems.

Top Bottom