Playing for time completer - No new main mission after that [bug?]

+
Hello all,

I have just finished the "Playing for Time mission" after meeting Takemura at Tom's Diner. This mission is listed as completed in my quest recap.

However, no new main mission appears in the list.
From what i saw online, the "Automatic Love" mission should automatically appear but my Main Job/Mission list is completely empty.
Unfortunately, i do not have any save prior to the talk with Takemura...

Does anyone know what i should do for the next main mission to appear in my job list?
I do some side missions in the main time but i hope i do not have to restart the game it is quite frustrating.

Thanks so much for your help,

Anthlebl

Try calling Judy as that's the first step in "Automatic Love". Maybe that'll kick it off?

Last edited:
I had some issues with this on Xbox One X

I did whatever there was to do in game world and waited for the next mission, but nothing triggered before I started by-passing time via menu. Sometimes 8 sometimes as much as 24 hours skips were needed to make missions available. I wouldn't say it was that consistent. But worth a try if phone trick mentioned above doesn't work.

Hello both,

thanks for your replies.
Unfortunately, i do not have Judy's phone number in my phone ...

I will try the time skipping tomorrow and update you,
Hope it works !
Post automatically merged:

Hello again,

I tried waiting at least 15 times (from 2 hours to 24hours), reload the game without success.
After checking again, i do not have Judy's phone number in my phone...

Anyone would have another solution :s?
I really hope i do not have to start the game again -_-...

Thank in advance,

Last edited:
Hello again,

I tried waiting at least 15 times (from 2 hours to 24hours), reload the game without success.
After checking again, i do not have Judy's phone number in my phone...

Anyone would have another solution :s?
I really hope i do not have to start the game again -_-...

Thank in advance,

There is one more thing you could try, but no any warranties here.

Load save, wait don't expect phone call to trigger immediately. Do side mission if you have any one them left. If you don't look for NPCD missions that are marked with a blue star symbol, as those respawn. Try completing one or two.

Anyone else have any alternative solution. Game completion percentage is rather high according to Xbox stats, so there must be something?

There is one more thing you could try, but no any warranties here.

Load save, wait don't expect phone call to trigger immediately. Do side mission if you have any one them left. If you don't look for NPCD missions that are marked with a blue star symbol, as those respawn. Try completing one or two.

Anyone else have any alternative solution. Game completion percentage is rather high according to Xbox stats, so there must be something?

Thanks CS554, unfortunately, it still does not work.
I hav done at last 10 or 15 side quests in the meantime but my main mission list is still empty and the Automatic Love mission (or others) does not appear.

It is quite frustrating to think that i will need to start the game over. Not even sure i will though.

If anyone else has an idea of how i can solve this it would be highly appreciated :)!

If you haven't already, go and raise a ticket so that CDPR is aware of the issues.

Other ideas:
- Go to Tom's dinner and see if Johnny is still there. The last bit of "Playing for Time" is a conversation with Johnny after which it should complete the quest and trigger the next 2 main quest. Maybe something odd happened and it hasn't completed the conversation.

- Go to the Mox club and see whether you can meet Judy to trigger "Automatic Love".

Both of those are a long shot but it shouldn't take too long.

Do you not have an older save that you can revert to so that you can avoid a complete restart?

What is said above and situation progress, that sucks donkey balls, to put it frankly.

What I could dig up, this might be happening because player is unable to pick up the phone at some earlier point in game.

Only thing I can think is reloading some earlier save, like said above perhaps before "Playing for Time". You lose progress but you might want to try that before starting over.

I had one boxing mission that I was unable to complete. It was final boxing match, my character stats weren't good enough and I went to previous save and did other missions and for my surprise other boxing match triggered. After completing that final boxing match never did appear again. So there's definitely something that may cause something to go awry with a way how game clocks your progress.

That's all I can say other than that 1.1. patch is coming at about jan 24th.

Anyone with more knowledge, chime in!

What is said above and situation progress, that sucks donkey balls, to put it frankly.

What I could dig up, this might be happening because player is unable to pick up the phone at some earlier point in game.

Only thing I can think is reloading some earlier save, like said above perhaps before "Playing for Time". You lose progress but you might want to try that before starting over.

I had one boxing mission that I was unable to complete. It was final boxing match, my character stats weren't good enough and I went to previous save and did other missions and for my surprise other boxing match triggered. After completing that final boxing match never did appear again. So there's definitely something that may cause something to go awry with a way how game clocks your progress.

That's all I can say other than that 1.1. patch is coming at about jan 24th.

Anyone with more knowledge, chime in!

I hope they fix whatever issues there are with the phone. It's so darn buggy and messes up quests everywhere. Every time you get a call it's almost like a lottery whether or not it broke any other quest in the process :ROFLMAO:

I hope they fix whatever issues there are with the phone. It's so darn buggy and messes up quests everywhere. Every time you get a call it's almost like a lottery whether or not it broke any other quest in the process :ROFLMAO:
I experienced this issue only twice. Needed to go hoops to get "Playing for Time" start and boxing match I mentioned above.

My purpose was try help OP. I'm not going to contribute to any further discussion not related to problem OP has.

If you haven't already, go and raise a ticket so that CDPR is aware of the issues.

Other ideas:
- Go to Tom's dinner and see if Johnny is still there. The last bit of "Playing for Time" is a conversation with Johnny after which it should complete the quest and trigger the next 2 main quest. Maybe something odd happened and it hasn't completed the conversation.

- Go to the Mox club and see whether you can meet Judy to trigger "Automatic Love".

Both of those are a long shot but it shouldn't take too long.

Do you not have an older save that you can revert to so that you can avoid a complete restart?

First thanks again to both of you for taking the time to help me i appreciate!

Second, i tried both options to go to Tom's Diner and Moxes but nothing.
At Tom's Diner nobody there and at Moxes the doors in the basement are closed and i cannot open them.
Still no new main mission...

I have opened a ticket 3 days ago on CDPR but no answer yet.

Unfortunately i do not have old save that i could use. Seems like i will have to start over and rush the beggining.

Thanks again for the support

[/QUOTE]
Thanks, does this work for PS4?
If so is there a tutorial?
It's for PC I think, I don't have PS4 to help with that regard. If saves are similar in structure with PC and PS4 it might work. But propably you would have to get save to pc then edit, then put into PS4. You can always ask on nexus forum tho, and tutorial you have on main page in the description.

Top Bottom