Is it too little too late?

+
With the amount of things intentionally removed/left out from the game, the amount of time passed after the initial hype, and the amount of player drop offs after the first month of play;

Is it too little too late for Cyberpunk 2077 to make a single player comeback?

Is adding multiplayer the only thing that will draw the crowd back after everything is fixed?

With the amount of things intentionally removed/left out from the game, the amount of time passed after the initial hype, and the amount of player drop offs after the first month of play;

It's a single player game. It doesn't need constant players to keep functioning and "losing" players isn't making the game into a money pit.

Furthermore, bad publicity is publicity nonetheless. The moment they turn this around (if they turn it around) it'll be everywhere and people will come back.

Is it too late? It's not. It wouldn't in 6 months from now and it certainly isn't a month after release.

Is adding multiplayer the only thing that will draw the crowd back after everything is fixed?

As it stands I don't think MP would bring many people back at all.

Last edited:
The obvious issues of bugs and older console instability aside, the game was a commercial success and it has fairly good reviews.

As someone mentioned above, bad publicity is still publicity.

Personally, I do not believe that a multiplayer is needed or even desired by the community at this point in time. The focus should be on perfecting the single player mode and releasing new content in the form of DLC. That's what will help build the CP2077 brand.

Multiplayer should be released separately as a standalone MMO game in my opinion. The current item level design, character builds and game imbalances would not bode well for a multiplayer mode.

It's not too late but I don't think CDPR has any idea what the future holds in terms of consumer relations if how they've presented themselves and what they think is wrong with the game so far after launch is any semblance of how they'll continue to do things going forward. CDPR needs help, they've lost touch with reality and do not appear to be able to read the room anymore and that has me worried. Saying things like the game got 9's and 10's when the game is bare bones at best...not good and no amount of loyal unquestioning fans will help matters.
download (7).jpg

i think that if they give out patches and dlc and open some of these locked doors, the hype, while it is still being current and on the news daily, will hit like wildfire and everyone will come back to play.

well, i dont have to come back, as i am staying and playing daily, i have my own agenda on this game lol.

judy will be mine, you wait and see, without a mod lol.

but, everyone has an opinion ;)

I think they should fix this single player game, and focus on single player aspects of CP77.
Me personally, I'd rather see a completely separate, stand alone, MMO style game. Maybe just name it CyberPunk Online.

I dont think it is to late...what i think is that they have to listen to the players,and improve the game...the game with all is bugs was very well recevied and everyone is talking about cyberpunk...for better or for the worst...they have to improve the game and they know that,because if not i doubt the multiplayer will work...

judy will be mine, you wait and see, without a mod lol.
I've come across countless people with that desire, personally I'm indifferent towards it but if I were in charge of making games I'd definitely be the "give the people what they want" kind of developer. I've always found that when you want to sell a product, it's best to make the consumer happy and when you do, said consumer is likely to buy more products...not everyone has the same outlook though. :shrug:

>Is it too little too late [...] to make a single player comeback?

No, it would not be too late, however CDPR regards this product as OK on PC. In fact very OK; 9/10 and 10/10 OK!
So we must deduce there will be no effort to rescue this product other than fixing bugs on consoles, but no addressing of other problems.

> Is adding multiplayer the only thing that will draw the crowd back after everything is fixed?

As already mentioned above, top brass of the company recently mentioned on twitter, that they are happy with the product, implying it does not need further fixing.

Well, I wish them good luck for acquiring customers for future products and not losing customers using GOG, if they do not try to improve the embarassing state of the single player product, an embarassing state also on PC - in my not so humble opinion.

P.S.: NO walking possible in the PC version; immersion my a**.

I don't think it's too late yet, given that next patch resolves the major issues and they gain the trust back in some way.

We'll see what happens in a year. It's not too late, Witcher 3 still has about 30 000 online in Steam no matter it is single and released at 2015.

DLC and sales will bring people back, and a lots of people have not even played yet because they are waiting for patches.

So fingers crossed, there is still a chance the game will be improved.

>Is it too little too late [...] to make a single player comeback?

No, it would not be too late, however CDPR regards this product as OK on PC. In fact very OK; 9/10 and 10/10 OK!
So we must deduce there will be no effort to rescue this product other than fixing bugs on consoles, but no addressing of other problems.

> Is adding multiplayer the only thing that will draw the crowd back after everything is fixed?

As already mentioned above, top brass of the company recently mentioned on twitter, that they are happy with the product, implying it does not need further fixing.

Well, I wish them good luck for acquiring customers for future products and not losing customers using GOG, if they do not try to improve the embarassing state of the single player product, an embarassing state also on PC - in my not so humble opinion.

P.S.: NO walking possible in the PC version; immersion my a**.
My hope at this point is that they will greatly improve the game beyond bugs, glitches and performance etc but their internal plan is simply to avoid publicly acknowledging that what they released is a bare bones early access game which while very annoying from a customer perspective makes sense from a business standpoint. The truth is we don't need the weatherman to tell us it's raining outside, we can look outside for ourselves and see the torrential downpour and it's raining fire and brimstone but it's only a preview of an even worse long term effect potential perpetual acid shit storm.

Ultimately all that will matter will be if they seriously improve the game or not. That said, when Hello Games was in a similar situation they didn't try to rationalize, defend and present themselves in such an unbelievable state of denial as CDPR has. Either way though just from a business standpoint it's clear to me that they desperately need some kind of competent PR person because while someone like myself will look for the truth and ask questions by default, they've handled things so badly so far that even people who otherwise just consume product and get excited for next product are experiencing light bulbs going off over their heads and asking questions.

It's a single player game. It doesn't need constant players to keep functioning and "losing" players isn't making the game into a money pit.

Furthermore, bad publicity is publicity nonetheless. The moment they turn this around (if they turn it around) it'll be everywhere and people will come back.

Is it too late? It's not. It wouldn't in 6 months from now and it certainly isn't a month after release.

As it stands I don't think MP would bring many people back at all.

well said

- the game people who just play one play though can finish it less than a month

- I don't personally believe the "reputation and Trust loss is a s bad as some make it out to be even with the " legal action" which if they win will be like it never happened
Post automatically merged:

My hope at this point is that they will greatly improve the game beyond bugs, glitches and performance etc but their internal plan is simply to avoid publicly acknowledging that what they released is a bare bones early access game which while very annoying from a customer perspective makes sense from a business standpoint. The truth is we don't need the weatherman to tell us it's raining outside, we can look outside for ourselves and see the torrential downpour and it's raining fire and brimstone but it's only a preview of an even worse long term effect potential perpetual acid shit storm.

Ultimately all that will matter will be if they seriously improve the game or not. That said, when Hello Games was in a similar situation they didn't try to rationalize, defend and present themselves in such an unbelievable state of denial as CDPR has. Either way though just from a business standpoint it's clear to me that they desperately need some kind of competent PR person because while someone like myself will look for the truth and ask questions by default, they've handled things so badly so far that even people who otherwise just consume product and get excited for next product are experiencing light bulbs going off over their heads and asking questions.

Disagree with the subjective opinion stated in this post.

Guest 3847602

I do expect bugs getting fixed, performance on consoles and mid range PC improved, better AI in traffic and in combat, ability to tweak facial features inside the gameworld and other quality of life improvements.
I also expect increased player count once free DLC and expansions start to drop.
It is too late to change the game into something people will be willing to spend thousands of hours in single playthrough.

it cant be too late, there is still so much to do in the game.

presses "c" (i would command enter /kneel if i could lol)

please God no, no it cant be too late. this is the game i have been waiting for. neigh, the game i have been hoping, dreaming, wishing, wet dreaming, spaghetti eating, love me some ramen soup from jigjig street (only 30 outta haywood?)

im on my knees (not praying to a company false god deity or nothing like that) but on my knees, lemme slip ya another fitty, an eddie, a dildo (saw one in the dresser the first night i spent with panam at the hotel)

it cant be too late...

good god my shoulders are up around my neck thinking about that lol

Top Bottom