Working on a Stackable Item mod...

+
Working on a Stackable Item mod...

Here's the basis I'm using: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Item_stacking_modNow, I think some of that information is old-ish. We're patched beyond version 1.1a as you know and now are at 1.3. So I found three files, I'm not sure where to look for the baseitems.2da file.They are:2DA00.BIFPATCH100.BIFPATCH200.BIFI also don't know HOW to look in the .bif files, or extract what I'm looking for.But I have a theory that MAY fix the crashing bug, that the author spoke of in the above link, when fighting Echinopsis.Let me run it by you... This is the list of 'stackable' items taken from the link that were to be changed.
16 ammunition_arrow 9920 necklace 5022 potion 1026 improvised 5030 scroll 1032 gem 1033 ingredient 5034 upgrade_component 5044 food 1045 other 1046 grease 2547 bomb 1548 drink 1051 sp_rngd_amm 9954 ammunition_bolt 9955 thorn 99
Okay... ammunitions... The arrows, the bolts, and the thorns (and possibly sp_rngd_amm). Used by archers, arbalisters, and Echinopsis/Archespores respectively. These don't need to be modded, as the player never uses any of these. These are values specifically for the NPCs and beasties... That might be what is causing the crashes the author mentioned.Now the others should be safe and simple I think.Necklaces... I've never seen a reason for those to stack, but I guess it's harmless.Potions.... should be safe to change,Improvised? I have no idea what this value refers to.Scrolls... easy, the recipe scrolls you collect or buy. Safe.Gems... safe I'd imagine.Ingredients... This one of the main things I hope to change... Should be safe.Upgrade components... ore and rune stones for the silver sword I think. Not that you ever really have to worry about having too many of these. lolFood... Handy, should be safe.Other... I don't know what this entails... perhaps things like salamander broaches?Grease... Obvious. Should be useful, and safe.Bombs... I believe, regarding game mechanics, Geralt is the only one who uses this value. It should be safe to up.Drink... Very useful. Should be safe to mod.The rest is all ammunition stuff.So... can anyone help me out here? :-\

Heres the thing if you have installed The Witcher patch 1.1 and up you have to mod the baseitems.2da in _patch100.OBS: You have to unbif the file in to individual files by using the UnBIF tool (I place all the files I unbif to override), remember to only use one file(s) of the same name!Good luck :DDownload link for the UnBIF tool: http://csimbi.googlepages.com/unbif

Thank you! I've finished this first part. I'll give it a go and see if it works without any problems. :D

Top Bottom