So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
This comment shows why people's complaints about choice make no sense. It boils down to you guys only caring about an ending, and nothing that happens on the way, and nothing that matters to the characters Ingame.

Evelyn's story is the main motivator for everything that happens in the Judy plotline, and everything that drives that character, and her interaction with you. That means it also determines what happens with the people of clouds, Evelyn's story also puts a face to what drives people in night city. Saying its still the same story if you cut out Evelyn, which clearly acts as a focus for the main characters, and side characters means that whatever you consider a story to be, and what most writers consider a story to be are extremely different.

You missunderstood what I meant by story, or what most people mean with "story". Its the main plot. Not just the ending. I understand that Evelyn and whatever happens to her in the game is def. the anchor and driving force for the whole judy questline. But that is a side mission. Im speaking for the main plot here. Wether you reveal Evelyn as a person or cut her out, the main story would not be altered in a meaningful way. You meet her once, and get the offer that you "could" betray your fixer (which does not matter at all if you agree to it btw). You literally can cut that meeting out, and just go and meet Judy and the main plot would have the complete same story or focus. She certainly enriches the game by showing another PoV to things, or enhancing Judy's plotline or in general give a feel to the world, but for the main story itself you can cut her out of the game and say the BD is from some random doll, and nothing changes. That is all. Its not a personal insult mate. So chill.

By the time they overhauled everything that needed it, they might as well be making a new game. It's just not going to happen, and you can't fix plot holes or half baked core mechanics anyway. Any AAA dev in this situation cuts their losses and moves on.

Unfortunately CP77 is dead for me (uninstalled). As many said before there are so many features missing, so many core mechanics not working, that it would take as much time and resources as if making a new game. The longer I played (260h+) the more issues I found and the more I lost the hope that this can be fixed at all. I am just curious what CDPR plans do about their franchise idea now.

Im pretty sure you could get rid o
probably not, at least not to cut player choice. They probably decided story wise, that the fallout from the heist needed to be more immediate and complete.

This comment shows why people's complaints about choice make no sense. It boils down to you guys only caring about an ending, and nothing that happens on the way, and nothing that matters to the characters Ingame.

Evelyn's story is the main motivator for everything that happens in the Judy plotline, and everything that drives that character, and her interaction with you. That means it also determines what happens with the people of clouds, Evelyn's story also puts a face to what drives people in night city. Saying its still the same story if you cut out Evelyn, which clearly acts as a focus for the main characters, and side characters means that whatever you consider a story to be, and what most writers consider a story to be are extremely different.

If they wanted to make the fallout more immediate from the heist then they should not have even gave you an option to cut Dex from deal. Why bring it up if you cannot make a difference? They could have just as easily had Dex say I know what you did V(cut him out of the deal) and kill you on the spot instead of even having you go into the bathroom.

Honestly, the game should have been a players choice. It is time to stop making excuses for bad writing and lack of RP.

If they wanted to make the fallout more immediate from the heist then they should not have even gave you an option to cut Dex from deal. Why bring it up if you cannot make a difference? They could have just as easily had Dex say I know what you did V(cut him out of the deal) and kill you on the spot instead of even having you go into the bathroom.

Honestly, the game should have been a players choice. It is time to stop making excuses for bad writing and lack of RP.

they bring it up, because a believable story doesn't only have choices that bear large fruit. They bring it up because they want you at that point in the game to be wondering who you should trust, and how it will all play out, unaware that all your plans will fall apart. But I will note you can get a better deal with Dex if you rat on Evelyn. Of course that deal never happens, but that makes sense. If every choice they give you leads to certain plotlines, the player starts to know what the plot will probably be based on when they let them have a choice.

Also, Why would you assume dex would know whats in V's brain. At that point in the story you haven't betrayed him yet.

Short answer is no.

The long answer lies even within this thread, just look at how many think that the game is pretty good.

As long as people think its good, it'll never change. For some reason, people cant see that the game wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle.

I have no doubt that when CDPR started development that they had grand plans, but something changed, and they changed gear, and it resulted in the game we have. It's a tragedy in my opinion.

they bring it up, because a believable story doesn't only have choices that bear large fruit. They bring it up because they want you at that point in the game to be wondering who you should trust, and how it will all play out, unaware that all your plans will fall apart. But I will note you can get a better deal with Dex if you rat on Evelyn. Of course that deal never happens, but that makes sense. If every choice they give you leads to certain plotlines, the player starts to know what the plot will probably be based on when they let them have a choice.

Also, Why would you assume dex would know whats in V's brain. At that point in the story you haven't betrayed him yet.
Is this a joke?? Victor warns you not to trust Dex and so you already don't trust him and you don't even know him. Evelyn you barely know so why trust her either? Making up a fake choice to double cross one of them to trick you into wondering who to trust is just ridiculous. Bad writing and fake RP.

Is this a joke?? Victor warns you not to trust Dex and so you already don't trust him and you don't even know him. Evelyn you barely know so why trust her either? Making up a fake choice to double cross one of them to trick you into wondering who to trust is just ridiculous. Bad writing and fake RP.

no, its actually good writing because thats naturally what would happen if you deal with characters you don't trust. Evelyn's back story is she is ambitious and wants it all. Even before you she has already decided to screw the voodoo boys, why wouldn't she want to cut Dex out. If she wasn't the type of person who would cut Dec out, she wouldn't be the type of person to try to steal the relic before the vdbs did.

So the Evelyn character is consistent with herself for trying to cut Dex out. So the writers let you choose how to respond to that. RP means letting you choose what type of character V is. It would be bad RP to not give the player the choice. Also its bad RP to only let the players choose when a big plot point is coming. Many people want way more choices that aren't related to moving the plot forward, and have posts here complaining about it.

no, its actually good writing because thats naturally what would happen if you deal with characters you don't trust. Evelyn's back story is she is ambitious and wants it all. Even before you she has already decided to screw the voodoo boys, why wouldn't she want to cut Dex out. If she wasn't the type of person who would cut Dec out, she wouldn't be the type of person to try to steal the relic before the vdbs did.

So the Evelyn character is consistent with herself for trying to cut Dex out. So the writers let you choose how to respond to that. RP means letting you choose what type of character V is. It would be bad RP to not give the player the choice. Also its bad RP to only let the players choose when a big plot point is coming. Many people want way more choices that aren't related to moving the plot forward, and have posts here complaining about it.
LOL ok. The thing is...you can't choose which is the essence of an RPG. You choose how a scenario plays out and it affects the world, the character, other characters, etc Nothing is really changed by your choices in this game even the lifepaths do not make a difference. Anyways, if this is what you want to believe go for it. I am happy you enjoy this game and believe it is an RPG. In my opinion, it is not. It certainly did not deliver on what was promised.

LOL ok. The thing is...you can't choose which is the essence of an RPG. You choose how a scenario plays out and it affects the world, the character, other characters, etc Nothing is really changed by your choices in this game even the lifepaths do not make a difference. Anyways, if this is what you want to believe go for it. I am happy you enjoy this game and believe it is an RPG. In my opinion, it is not. It certainly did not deliver on what was promised.

Every choice you make in RP isn't going to lead to drastic changes, any more than in real life. I could plan for a week how to ask a girl out, and she could quit the job the day before I was going to ask her.

Now, this isn't real life, so there should be a reason the writers show you this side of Evelyn and Dex, and there is a reason. These questions and their answers give you information about Evelyn, About Dex, Even T-Bug, and allow the player to define what type of person V is.

This is not a wasted or bad choice for the story.

Every choice you make in RP isn't going to lead to drastic changes, any more than in real life. I could plan for a week how to ask a girl out, and she could quit the job the day before I was going to ask her.

Now, this isn't real life, so there should be a reason the writers show you this side of Evelyn and Dex, and there is a reason. These questions and their answers give you information about Evelyn, About Dex, Even T-Bug, and allow the player to define what type of person V is.

watch the video and maybe you will understand. I explained in another post to you about RPGs vs action adventure. I am not going to keep covering the same ground over and over. You have your beliefs on what an RPG is and I have mine.

Short answer is no.

The long answer lies even within this thread, just look at how many think that the game is pretty good.

As long as people think its good, it'll never change. For some reason, people cant see that the game wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle.

I have no doubt that when CDPR started development that they had grand plans, but something changed, and they changed gear, and it resulted in the game we have. It's a tragedy in my opinion.

That's the thing. The super casual gamer will not realize that all the 'choices' they have are fake. They will shoot at the driver during the few chases and think THEY really shot him.

on my 2nd play through it REALLY became evident just HOW Cp2077 is just a grand magic show. On the opposite, on my first playthrough i actually was quite happy with it. Fooled me.

There is pretty much zero change wether you betray dex or not. The game was advertised as a RPG with story choices that will ripple through your game. Apparently each individual will have a slightly different story based on their choices according to them.

Its pretty much always the same.

I don't think the aim or expectation should be a complete overhaul of the game. I'd argue that there are some systems that were clearly underdeveloped and left unfinished - those should be updated to meet a certain quality standard. But features that have been cut (and in some cases, features that some players expected not because they were advertised, but because they can be found in other titles) don't need to be added - cutting features and content is a reality of game development, and a balance needs to be struck. In the case of Cyberpunk, CDPR evidently failed to do this, I think mostly owing to a combination of features that are left buggy/unfinished in the game for everyone to see, as opposed to being completely cut or fully fleshed-out, and the overpromises made by PR, particularly the claims that the game would be coming only "when it's ready", as well as embracing all the unwarranted hype for some elements of the game instead of managing the expectations of the easily-misled.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some features like changing appearance, NG+ etc. to be added as part of the free DLC (just like in The Witcher 3), which I feel would please enough people, as long as patches are also able to deliver acceptable base console performance.

As for some of the core issues of the game, specifically related to the RPG, story and questing aspects, I would hope that lessons will be learned for the expansions and future titles. I do worry though, that if the eventual multiplayer spin-off is successful enough, we would likely see a shift in priorities for the company, and none of this will even matter.

They said the game is 9-10/10, got great reviews.

It's not a 9-10 game, and no, its problems aren't only bug related. The game is fucking unfinished. It has worse AI pathing than a game from 2 decades ago. It's itemizations is GaaS level of awful. Sound design is garbage, there's no reactivity in quests, like there was in The Witcher 3. And many more issues that adds up in the end.

The game is mediocre and a bad RPG, since it has no C&C in quest and dialogues don't matter. It will remain as such if the only thing they do is bufixing

There is pretty much zero change wether you betray dex or not. The game was advertised as a RPG with story choices that will ripple through your game. Apparently each individual will have a slightly different story based on their choices according to them.

Its pretty much always the same.

its actually not, but until you play the game and make different Choices you won't believe me, so its on you
Post automatically merged:

That's the thing. The super casual gamer will not realize that all the 'choices' they have are fake. They will shoot at the driver during the few chases and think THEY really shot him.

on my 2nd play through it REALLY became evident just HOW Cp2077 is just a grand magic show. On the opposite, on my first playthrough i actually was quite happy with it. Fooled me.

for some quests you can kill them early, though I don't know if you can do the first one. You can die on the first one though. But regardless, I don't think anyone thought shooting those guys was an rpg choice personally I hate most of those shoot the guy chasing you events, so I care little if they are fake.

..... Maybe you should ask yourself what would make you enjoy the game and reflect on how likely it is that they will add/fix it. But only you can answer that.
We need a sandbox option. One with no storyline. The Long Dark is a good example. Open world survival where the main game you play a specific character with a story and cut scenes. Sandbox mode, none of that.

Cp77 Sandbox Mode will remove the main storyline. Every NPC that you know in the game, you can have access to, but only after introduction from a fixer. Jackie is still alive, and you have a chance to work with him, and Judy or Panam, during different gigs.

Maybe even Judy can take The Relic and implant it into a BD Wreath, so that you can still advance through the main quest without it affecting your own personal mind and psyche.

even if the bugs, glitches and optimization issues get fixed. Cyberpunk 2077 at least for me would still be shallow experience that i just cant enjoy. A Lot of people are saying they need to pull a no mans sky. Which we hope that happens, but if hello games just polished nms then it would still be a mediocore game, just a polished one. They added in so much content and overhauled pretty much the entire game to point where the difference was night and day, better yet it was all FREE and wasn't pushed into a sequel to charge money for. Now in recent times people have nothing but positive things to say about that game. Though we will never forget the way it launched

The only public responses i see are just along the lines of "we will fix bugs and crashes and add free dlc then big paid expansions"

You can give players heaps to do in a game but if it isn't fun to do or gets old fast they ain't going to want to stick around

So does anybody know if many of the game's systems and mechanics are getting overhauled?

Welp, that's your opinion, and it's obviously not the same as everyone's. I spent 140 hours in my first runthrough, got 100% achievements, and I'm making a new character to do it again. I simply love the game. It's definitely not a "shallow experience" for me, and I see a multitude of others saying the same.

NMS was an ok game in the beginning. I put about 80-100 hours into it before the repetitiveness got to me. I tried the new stuff every time they did the overhauls and simply couldn't get into them. Again, it's an opinion, but just because a game is overhauled it doesn't mean it makes it better, for some it just makes it worse.

I'm waiting to see what all this DLC and updates will do before even giving an overhaul thought the time of day, but right now I'm pretty ok.

Top Bottom