Will Jackie come back? (SPOILER)

+
His death already announced in the trailers shocked us as he is a great companion in adventures. When he installed the relic, his soul was able to enter the microchip.
There is also the possibility that Arasaka has trapped his soul because they entered Viktor's clinic taking his body.
What do you think? Would you like to see it again in DLC? I have not finished the game yet, please do not Spoiler if Jackie appears in the end ... I still do not know.
acompañante-en-Cyberpunk-2077.jpg

I think he served his purpose well and now he is dead, let all resources an possible content go to live cast members or new

That said if they did do more i'd play it and not complain just like if they did nothing more

Nah, spoiler...if you send Jackie to Vik Saka will grab his body and splice him into Mikoshi...but the Engram is incomplete and just repeats lines from the time with Jackie. No conscious whatsoever.

Nah, spoiler...if you send Jackie to Vik Saka will grab his body and splice him into Mikoshi...but the Engram is incomplete and just repeats lines from the time with Jackie. No conscious whatsoever.

Which means they are not real consciousness. But memories and complex code that have certain degrees of quality. Johnny in my opinion is completely dead, and we are interacting with artificial intelligence. Just like the emperor's engram is so good that it seems like it's really him!

His death already announced in the trailers shocked us as he is a great companion in adventures. When he installed the relic, his soul was able to enter the microchip.
There is also the possibility that Arasaka has trapped his soul because they entered Viktor's clinic taking his body.
What do you think? Would you like to see it again in DLC? I have not finished the game yet, please do not Spoiler if Jackie appears in the end ... I still do not know.
No, that wouldn't make sense if he survived. If I recall correctly, the chip needs to be in the person at the time of death. And Jackie didn't have that when he died. Also one would have thought that V would be aware of it, if he was in there as well with Silverhand.

I wouldn't mind more missions with companions, but only if the AI is severely upgraded... as fun as it was doing missions with Jackie, his behaviour during them was somewhat immersion breaking, with him constantly running in front of you, not able to take cover and basically just standing in the open being shot and unkillable.

If CDPR wants to add companions to missions, they should at least copy the way it works from Fallout 4, that your companion goes in a "knocked out" state.

Companions should also be able to do damage and not simply be there for the visual in my opinion. If a game include them, they should feel useful and be killable or able to be incapacitated. And enemies should consider them as much of a valid target as the player themself. But again, it requires that the AI of companions are top notch or it will be more annoying than good.

Fallout 4 in my opinion is just on the line to where they are annoying, sometimes just standing there, taking cover in doorways so you can't get passed them etc. So it would need to surpass that I think. Maybe make a system like in Mass effect, where you can give them orders and coordinate your attacks or something.

Also jackie may not become "engramed" depending on your choice where to sent his body, so yeah. In my playthrough I have not seen him after his death.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to see more content with Jacki. I got the feeling we wont get him back or see much of him. Maybe in a flashback in future content and him being mentioned in a conversation at most.

No, that wouldn't make sense if he survived. If I recall correctly, the chip needs to be in the person at the time of death. And Jackie didn't have that when he died. Also one would have thought that V would be aware of it, if he was in there as well with Silverhand.

I wouldn't mind more missions with companions, but only if the AI is severely upgraded... as fun as it was doing missions with Jackie, his behaviour during them was somewhat immersion breaking, with him constantly running in front of you, not able to take cover and basically just standing in the open being shot and unkillable.

If CDPR wants to add companions to missions, they should at least copy the way it works from Fallout 4, that your companion goes in a "knocked out" state.

Companions should also be able to do damage and not simply be there for the visual in my opinion. If a game include them, they should feel useful and be killable or able to be incapacitated. And enemies should consider them as much of a valid target as the player themself. But again, it requires that the AI of companions are top notch or it will be more annoying than good.

Fallout 4 in my opinion is just on the line to where they are annoying, sometimes just standing there, taking cover in doorways so you can't get passed them etc. So it would need to surpass that I think. Maybe make a system like in Mass effect, where you can give them orders and coordinate your attacks or something.
It's true, it eats all the bullets during missions. AI is very poor throughout the game.

I'd love an expanded prologue dlc where you got to spend more time with Jackie to form more of a connection with him. While we're at it they could flesh out V's back story as well and make the life path choice more meaningful pre-heist.

He'll only come back. If they care to fix Act 1. To properly use him, T-Bug and others. So that the emotional connection to Jackie is earn for his death.

He'll only come back. If they care to fix Act 1. To properly use him, T-Bug and others. So that the emotional connection to Jackie is earn for his death.
in the words of the tv tropes: we hardly knew ye
as in we hardly knew any of them and they all got "written off" too early. even tywin in witcher 3 had very little "screen time" (i believe we can meet him a total of 2-3 times) but he was a big influence.

Why would they do that if story is complete(according to CDPR) on its own? Doesnt makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Why would the do that if story is complete(according to CDPR) on its own? Doesnt makes sense to me.
Doesn't matter. Act 1 is a mess. I don't care about Jackie or T-Bug. Because they got no screen time. They fix it, or don't. This would be the first and only game I buy from CDPR.

Guest 4519094

As it is jackie is more than fine,
they'll surely expand his story but probably not in the ways mentioned above,
there's a chance the beginnings of V and Jackie will be featured in a show or anime or derivative media
or Jackie could be an entire protagonist with things he does without V in those stories.

Another route would be in one of the future expansions, an option is introduced
for V or Jackie to read more documentation about the biochip,
to the point where at least one of them is aware of the healing capabilities inside it
so that when Jackie tries to give it to V .... V stops him or something.

Making not only Jackie survive (to the dismay of Dex :p) but having him deal with Johnny,
three birds with one stone :D a giant branch in the story, no more johnny for those who don't like him
traded for Jackie who's universally beloved :p .... also no retconning act1 jackie instead act2 and 3 jackie ...
and for those who didn't like a plot about having to save your life ... how about saving your best friend's ?

really hoping that inspires some,
cheers

As it is jackie is more than fine,
they'll surely expand his story but probably not in the ways mentioned above,
there's a chance the beginnings of V and Jackie will be featured in a show or anime or derivative media
or Jackie could be an entire protagonist with things he does without V in those stories.
I'm not watching things outside the game, for fixes. That's Star Wars, Destiny 1 bull.

Top Bottom