Is it too little too late?

+
Let's wait and see. I believe this game will have many improvements with updates, free DLCs, paid DLCs and even multiplayer. They have a gem in their hands, it's just a matter of polishing it.

For me it depends on what they'll communicate. If they take their sweet time for even the most basic outline of plans... yes, it would be too late.

So far what they've communicated is a joke. Borderline insulting.
The "Roadmap" is also saying nothing new.
Nothing they've communicated shows much in regards to commitment. Other than "assurances" that their long term plans haven't changed. But... they've cried wolf one too many times by now. So that's worth nothing.

it's too little too late for one simple reason. they don't think there's anything wrong with the game aside from visual bugs and pre-gen console optimization, evidence from the article that CDPR just put out. it's actually annoying to me how many people focused on these since neither of these affected my gaming experience. cuz now they believe that's what needs to be addressed. the game is fundamentally flawed, and they're in complete denial (at least publicly) about it.

now compare that to NMS. part of their success story is due to their relative transparency. the biggest outcry for NMS was the lack of multiplayer. instead of just addressing this overlying issue, they took the game apart piecemeal and slowly revitalized each core component of gameplay.

i remember when BL3 released a new SUPER ADVANCED DELUXE edition with a new multiplayer. what a fucking joke. i'm not saying CDPR is like randy pitchford, i'm just saying MP didn't save BL3 and i highly doubt it will save CP77
I'm the type of person who recommends games to their friends and I take myself seriously in that regard, in others words it's extremely important to me that I don't mislead people. It's one of my core principals as human being and I convinced a few friends to pre-order No Mans Sky...it was a disaster as everyone knows and on multiple fronts for me because I felt like I mislead my friends though really all I did was believe Hello Games.

I ended up doing the same thing with Cyberpunk 2077, convinced a few friends to get the game and they're PS4 owners...thank God my friends are way more kind to me than I am to myself because I've felt like the biggest fool on Earth for once again believing in something and convincing my friends to do the same. I'll never make that mistake again when it comes to pre-ordering or recommending games that I haven't played personally but in fact I will do the opposite and scream caution from the rooftops.

I am extremely thankful though that Hello Games has actually done what they did because while they did fail at launch, they showed what kind of company they really are, what kind of people they really are and my faith wasn't misplaced in them. It just took longer for them to shine through. God bless Hello Games for that, I look forward to supporting them in the future with words, actions and currency.

If you play the game braindead and as intended by the devs/brass the experience is okay. 6/10, 7/10.

But if you expect the next gen immersive open world rpg with no artificial limits...you get disappointed.

Even if you just play the game attentively you encounter often stages of the game that are half baked.
I don't know if it's just human psychology or my own creative and explorative mind, but if I encounter something half baked, i crave for the "real deal" and are not satisfied with the comprise, especially if I know, it could have been better.

Maybe it's also a mirror of our fast paced reality, that we are short on time and everything mediocre is just insulting and theft if you could have spend the same amount of time on something more personally valuable.

Everyone who can enjoy the game, more power to you.

For me...the more I play the game, i encounter evidence of how hollow and empty it is. How much smoke and mirrors truly is there.

The magic behind a magic trick is to make the people believe it is real.

The moment you let them see the trick...it's just that. Deception.

now compare that to NMS. part of their success story is due to their relative transparency. the biggest outcry for NMS was the lack of multiplayer. instead of just addressing this overlying issue, they took the game apart piecemeal and slowly revitalized each core component of gameplay.
NMS was a totally different situation. That game had a really small team, with the founder and director being both the creative lead and a major developer. Sean Murray had a clear vision for the game and was working with his team to make it happen. He clearly had a passion for the game, which led the studio to go well above and beyond what was required to make the game a success.

With Cyberpunk, you have a bunch of gassy, self-important executives handing down idea from on high, without any real investment in a cohesive vision of the game, or any understanding of what it takes to realize it. They're preoccupied with prestige and optics, with being "the studio that produced the acclaimed witcher series, the most immersive open world game ever".

CDPR's leadership is incapable of grasping what their game could have been or should have been.

don't know if it's just human psychology or my own creative and explorative mind, but if I encounter something half baked, i crave for the "real deal" and are not satisfied with the comprise, especially if I know, it could have been better.
This 100%. A game that is really consistently like a B+ in every area is going to feel more complete and satisfying than a game that hits A+ in one or two and C to F everywhere else. The good parts of Cyberpunk just throw the shortcomings into starker contrast and make you want for what could have been. The uneven execution is jarring. The lifelike characters and setting create expectation on their own that everything else will be similarly excellent. And when you find out it isn't, it's like cold water to the face.

If you play the game braindead and as intended by the devs/brass the experience is okay. 6/10, 7/10.
For me personally I don't have that ability unless I drink at least a 6-8 beers first or haven't slept in three days. I don't mean the following gif as any kind of comment on anyone but myself, people who can relate will understand completely.
download (3).gif

CDPR's leadership is incapable of grasping what their game could have been or should have been.
The truth of this statement hurts.

For me personally I don't have that ability unless I drink at least a 6-8 beers first or haven't slept in three days. I don't mean the following gif as any kind of comment on anyone but myself, people who can relate will understand completely.
View attachment 11148734

The truth of this statement hurts.

Indeed is like they totally lost the touch on reality and also on their community. "The game is fine... This is not cut content is development process..Game do fine on pc." meanwhile if you look around you discover all over the internet there is a whole different reality.

Is very heartbreaking to see Cd projekt Red falling down like this. A company i loved for so many years acting like this. Management was bold during the marketing campaign.

People expressed concerns they silenced it.
People expressed other concerns they mocked them "We betray our fans when we are ready"

Now we have to see how this boldness repaid them. The lost almost totally theyr reputation. And i don't know how they are going to fix it since according with the last video podcast we reiceved.

Problem in cyberpunk are just on consoles. And are bugs and glitches.

No is not that the game is rather poor of content. Is not that was marketed as in depth rpg and instead is a looter shooter with barely any roleplay element. And i could go on. I can tell all the things they said that were far from reality.

Is like if the management is in a denial state.

Theres nothing to polish at this point.

This game is broken.
It does not function on playstation.
It was taken from the store.
And im pretty sure they have a little bit more to do then *polish* to earn a second chance from sony.

Their only goal at this point is to get back on the store to appease to the investors and government.
The majority of the consumers does not have any clue how last gen this game is, or they dont care.
This game will be improved in an timeframe of years rather then months.
They know exactly in what state this game is. But they cannot say anything other then it runs fine on pc.
But ... they already made their money so i put my bet on minimal support for cyberpunk. And when everything is peachy with their investors and lawsuits they will move on to the next game quite soon.
Without us knowing about this of course.

If anyone is interested in what state the game really is, watch crowbcats youtube video.

I think it is never too late. Especially in an industry such as gaming where a lot of is prone to possible change. However, whatever they do, they just can't please everyone at this point. Furthermore, they cannot just clean the stain what the launch had been in my opinion. I don't feel good for the devs either, since if they decide to actually deliver what they promised there might be another crunch coming whatever CDPR says.

Indeed is like they totally lost the touch on reality and also on their community. "The game is fine... This is not cut content is development process..Game do fine on pc." meanwhile if you look around you discover all over the internet there is a whole different reality.

Is very heartbreaking to see Cd projekt Red falling down like this. A company i loved for so many years acting like this. Management was bold during the marketing campaign.

People expressed concerns they silenced it.
People expressed other concerns they mocked them "We betray our fans when we are ready"

Now we have to see how this boldness repaid them. The lost almost totally theyr reputation. And i don't know how they are going to fix it since according with the last video podcast we reiceved.

Problem in cyberpunk are just on consoles. And are bugs and glitches.

No is not that the game is rather poor of content. Is not that was marketed as in depth rpg and instead is a looter shooter with barely any roleplay element. And i could go on. I can tell all the things they said that were far from reality.

Is like if the management is in a denial state.
Yes well said. When I found out CDPR was making a game out of Pondsmiths Cyberpunk in 2012 I was so excited, so happy that I decided against quitting gaming which I had planned to do around that time. I was fully on board and couldn't at the time think of another developer that I would rather have a Cyberpunk game from. After all that has transpired, here I am today feeling like CDPR is on the verge of insulating themselves in some kind of echo chamber of denial and it's out of love (at least some kind of love) that I can't accept this failure as an achievement.

This says it all for me:
download (9).jpg

With the amount of things intentionally removed/left out from the game, the amount of time passed after the initial hype, and the amount of player drop offs after the first month of play;

Is it too little too late for Cyberpunk 2077 to make a single player comeback?

Is adding multiplayer the only thing that will draw the crowd back after everything is fixed?
It's a good question, the issue is, that there is nothing currently as I see it, to build a multiplayer on. There are simply to many broken mechanics in the game at the moment.

Let's assume that the multiplayer is going to be more of a shooter game, then they have to redo that part. Also the smart, tech weapons and quick hacks just wouldn't work as I see it. Think about CS and how big an issue wallhacking have been, these weapons are build into CP.

If the multiplayer version is going to be a joined venture instead, the game can hardly handle a single person as it is now :D So adding two would be a complete disaster.

Also CDPR need the current fans to buy into the MP game as well, and a lot of people looking at the polls that have been done gives an indication that a lot of people are not really into the MP version in the first place. So if CDPR decide to just leave the single player version as a half finished product, which is not even remotely close to what they said it would, I think people will be very angry and disappointed compared to now. Then the shit storm they have now is nothing compared to what they can expect, at least that is my guess.

As I see it, if CDPR wants CP to have a chance whether that is expansions or a MP version they have to earn back trust from fans, which means that they have to fix the single player game first and work very hard to make it into the RPG they promised people. It might sound rough and as one being after CDPR, but if we look at reality, we can compare it to other games, which did this or sort of the same and they are all struggling bad, No man sky (after years getting slightly better), Fallout 76, Anthem etc. And CDPR could face the same thing, it all depends on how they choose to handle this release as I see it, because people might be annoyed, angry and disappointed in the current state of CP, but most will agree that it has a lot of potential and the release might have been really bad, but it is not at the point of Fallout 76 and Anthem as I see it. If they improve it, people will pick it up again.

But I truly don't think that CDPR can afford screwing over people again, despite all the money they made, I doubt a lot of people really trust any marketing material they put out in the future. At least I won't and reading a lot of other people's posts here on the forum, it seems like I am not the only one.

But the release is what it is, it was bad!! But if they redeem themself and deliver the product they told people, it will certainly help, but the "scars" will always be there. But they can't afford screwing over people again, then it's pretty much game over as I see it.

...worse then bugs is everyone wanting happy endings.....I couldn't believe it. So I'm really hoping the cyberpunk genre doesn't become mainstream anymore and goes back to it's underground roots. Happy endings is like watching a horror movie and no one in the movie dies....that a pretty bad movie.

They don't got the financial pillows like bad-publicity-professionell-EA, for example. Not with just 2 IPs. Sorry 3, but I don't think that Gwent can make millions over Millionen. They lost trust by investors, customers, staff.
That is a huge problem.
Exactly. Fire is fire but it's better to get warmth from a log that is on fire than to be set on fire yourself.

...worse then bugs is everyone wanting happy endings.....I couldn't believe it. So I'm really hoping the cyberpunk genre doesn't become mainstream anymore and goes back to it's underground roots. Happy endings is like watching a horror movie and no one in the movie dies....that a pretty bad movie.
Don't care about happy endings either, simply that the ending make sense :D Unfortunately mine after 125 hours didn't make any, so that was disappointed. But it was a blast up until then, if you ignore all the bugs.

But I truly don't think that CDPR can afford screwing over people again, despite all the money they made, I doubt a lot of people really trust any marketing material they put out in the future. At least I won't and reading a lot of other people's posts here on the forum, it seems like I am not the only one.

But the release is what it is, it was bad!! But if they redeem themself and deliver the product they told people, it will certainly help, but the "scars" will always be there. But they can't afford screwing over people again, then it's pretty much game over as I see it.
Hopefully CDPR see's that as well but I have strong doubts.

They don't got the financial pillows like bad-publicity-professionell-EA, for example. Not with just 2 IPs. Sorry 3, but I don't think that Gwent can make millions over Millionen. They lost trust by investors, customers, staff.
That is a huge problem.

It's worth mentioning that's it's not just two IP. It's two highly lucrative IPs. Regardless of anyone's opinion of the game, unless the numbers have drastically changed, CP2077 is a huge commercial success that probably made twice it's budget in sales.

Then add GOG on top of that. Which is a constant revenue stream. The last time I checked GOG was second only to Steam in terms of market shares. Note that's it's been a few years and the EPIC store might have taken that second spot but GOG's market share are nothing to scoff at.

Even with everything that's happening, there is no doubt that CDPR is in a relatively good spot. They're not in trouble.

Things could change in the near future depending on how paid DLCs/expansions sell and how well MP does but at this point in time, definitely not in trouble financially.

So yeah, normally i'd agree with you. Two things though

1.) CDPR isn't rockstar, I think singleplayer will feed multiplayer.

2.) Multiplayer is the perfect environment to let people play the game they thought they were getting. Let them start as a lvl1 Valentino gonk and roleplay their hearts content. I can see that being a very viable way to please both crowds here.

I guess in part I agree...

The fact that CDPR is NOT rockstar is a good reason for them NOT to jumble this game up with a lot of stuff they know not how to implement. CDPR should stick with what they know and get that perfect and THEN, and ONLY then, should they contemplate adding a multiplayer aspect.

That's why I think it would be better to save multiplayer for the NEXT CP game, CP2 or 2080 or whatever. I think its folly for them consider adding another layer of steam on top this pile we have right now.

For me (on PC--no real performance issues) the game is a 6.5 or "maybe" a 7 out of 10 right now. So, it's not really a question of "saving" the game for me; as it is getting it to the 9 out of 10 I was expecting. Depends on the quality and quantity of upcoming patches and DLC.

Most importantly; if it's restored/re-enabled content---how much does it add back to CP and what quality of immersion and gameplay is restored. If it's new content; whether missions, features, characters, etc----how well does it integrate with CP as it stands now, and there again what does it add to immersion, and gameplay?

Obviously; **** has gone seriously awry with CP as released. I'm still giving CDPR the benefit of the doubt. That Management has recognized the numerous mistakes made, is sincere about correcting those to the maximum extent possible, and furnishes their team the necessary time and resources to bring those vital corrections and improvements to fruition.

Top Bottom