How does the Vypper card work in this instance?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than once, I've played against a Nil deck. My opponent opens the game. They do nothing. It's like the player isn't at their computer. Then, as if by magic, a Vypper appears on my side!

WTF?

There's nothing in the card description which says that this should even be possible!

Again, W.T.F?

Instead of playing a card, he threw away Vypper. That way Vypper ressurected on your side and your opponent was able to copy him with Imposter leader.

Instead of playing a card, he threw away Vypper. That way Vypper ressurected on your side and your opponent was able to copy him with Imposter leader.

How does the player "throw away" Vypper? I'd say that this happened after the mulligan stage, so they really should be playing a card. I don't see how they can do what you say that they do. How does THAT work?

You can discard (by dragging a card in hand to the discard pile) instead of playing. Occasionally this is useful.

Dear BartonFink,

I've read a few other threads and posts of you. It is clear that you do not know some of the base game mechanics and strategies. For example in your other thread you are complaining about mill. Here, you seem unaware of the possibility for a player to discard a card. Regarding to the other topic, when playing against mill, I'm sure you are unaware that most of the time one of the best things you can do against a miller is somehow killing the 'Kingslayer'(viperwitchermillbanishcard) that get's spawned with Operator on your own side. You can do that with a lot of cards. Anyway, my point is... You seem to complain about a lot of things and mechanics without fully understanding them.

It's ok if you do not fully understand everything. You are probably a newer player. But don't go on whinging about it on the forums. If you have a question, feel free to ask. Happy to help you out, but do it in a tone so that you express the desire that you want to improve your game and your strategies. Not in a manner that there is all kinds of things wrong with the game.

You can discard (by dragging a card in hand to the discard pile) instead of playing. Occasionally this is useful.

Thanks for answering my question. It's a pity that the game does not give you information about basic functions in the game and you have to ask on forums.

In the past, for round 3 end games, when I had special cards with nothing to use them on, I'd click on a card and hold it, waiting for the card to be banished when the timer ran out! I could have saved two players some time if I had known this!

Today at looked in the deckbuilder for Discard cards. I only saw units, I think, which allow you to discard cards. I'm pretty sure that I've seen units which go on to the board when discarded or some such. Of course, none of those units appeared when I searched that term! What's that all about?

The other day, I think that someone played a witcher unit against me with this method. It seemed to be same deal as with Vypper.

The way that GWENT works is suss, I feel that you really need to be recording everything that you do when you login. Rewards don't unlock when they're supposed to. Units don't do what they're supposed to. It's a troll all round.

The way that GWENT works is suss, I feel that you really need to be recording everything that you do when you login. Rewards don't unlock when they're supposed to. Units don't do what they're supposed to. It's a troll all round.
No. Just no.

I agree to some extent that the game does not go all the way explaining most of the mechanics (discard by putting in the GY manually is one of these instances), but in general all of this information can be gathered by reading the descriptions.
Yes, Gwent has relatively lots to read, and I can imagine it can be bothersome for someone who wants to just jump into the action - but throwing around things I quoted from you will not get you anywhere. Mostly because things work as intended - the fact you don't understand them does not make them act as "they aren't supposed to do".

No. Just no...things work as intended - the fact you don't understand them does not make them act as "they aren't supposed to do".

No. Just no. When I said that things don't work as they're supposed to, I was talking about rewards too.

How's this for a CDPR troll? It's from another thread of mine, in which a moderator responded to me and the moderator said:

"The Ronin contract only progresses if you use the Ronin outfit despite what the description says. Found out by accident".

It's not me not understanding something. It's the DEVS not understanding something! The Contracts say something like "Do X to get Z". You do that. You don't get Z. It turns out that you have to do Y to get Z. Maybe they could have read their own descriptor and not wasted people's time by making them do something for no reward? No. Hey, let's just pretend that the descriptor says something else. It's not like people mind having their time wasted for no good reason!

I'm pretty sure that I've also had instances of units not doing what they're supposed to be doing but I don't have anything I can refer to on hand. That's because the fails are far enough part that I'm not so paranoid as to want to record everything that I do for proof.

CDPR fail at the little things like this. And the big things too. Like Cyberpunk for last-gen consoles. That was troll by them nipped in the bud. Not by them, but by online stores and bricks and mortar ones. CDPR would have been happy having people pay close to $100 to test the alpha version of the game for last-gen consoles and to string them along as they 'fixed' it. By the time that the alpha testers had ironed out all the bugs, the game would be heavily discounted and people would be grateful that the game ran like it should of in the first place.

Dear BartonFink,

I've read a few other threads and posts of you. It is clear that you do not know some of the base game mechanics and strategies. For example in your other thread you are complaining about mill. Here, you seem unaware of the possibility for a player to discard a card. Regarding to the other topic, when playing against mill, I'm sure you are unaware that most of the time one of the best things you can do against a miller is somehow killing the 'Kingslayer'(viperwitchermillbanishcard) that get's spawned with Operator on your own side. You can do that with a lot of cards. Anyway, my point is... You seem to complain about a lot of things and mechanics without fully understanding them.

It's ok if you do not fully understand everything. You are probably a newer player. But don't go on whinging about it on the forums. If you have a question, feel free to ask. Happy to help you out, but do it in a tone so that you express the desire that you want to improve your game and your strategies. Not in a manner that there is all kinds of things wrong with the game.
Well, i am having The same feeling.

The OP comes with a lot of topics asking everything and He cant understand The baaics of the game

Most of these threads seem to turn into accusing CDPR/the game of something. And go off-topic.
OP would do well to stop doing that.

This question was answered days ago. Thread closed before it becomes even more of an example of the above than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom