Can't be long now...

+
well, the game never crashed a single time for me. But I heard the a people have had problems with it. hope they release a patch when djinni is released.

robopsi said:
I just hope its not as buggy as the game is! ::)
My The Witcher isn't buggy ;-)What is about the main character in the efitor? Will be able to change it or are we stuck to make adventures and quests only for Geralt? There are people wanting to play female characters with this game/engine!On the othe hand, NPC's as Yaevinn are really cool as main players, too.

zahratustra said:
Since I am not familiar with those forums, would you care ArcanoixDevun to explain what do you mean?
Well, I was a lot younger when NWN1 came out, but when SoU and HoTU came out, the mod community literally surged to the point that Maximus updated the site pretty much EVERY day. We're talking every day loads and loads of new content coming out left and right. Well, even after MoTB with NWN2, there still isn't as much content as there could be if the toolset was more user-friendly. And given the Djinni kit has already been dubbed a "professional" tool, I'm skeptical until it's released. I know I worked with the NWN2 toolset for about 4 months and realized I had hardly scratched the surface of the campaign I was trying to build, after that everything kinda died away and I just haven't been motivated as I was with the NWN1 toolset.

I would not worry about the pro tool being so difficult. People today are much more computer savy and have more knowledge, I think, in computer code.Unless everyone is off playing a console game. Not much thinking going on there. :dead:BUT, some talented modders may have moved onto new games (getting bored waiting :), I found this small Indie game callled 'Mount&Blade' has alot of potential since you get to create your own content as it is being developed, (the code and such is Python but nothing is secret, all for anyone willing to learn).

Xerxes712 said:
I would not worry about the pro tool being so difficult. People today are much more computer savy and have more knowledge, I think, in computer code.
It's the polish comments that explain why they've used a particular cludge in the scripting that I'll struggle with :p It's bad enough in NWN1/2 when you come across a weird section of code with a comment like "Engine should do this.. but it doesn't work so fix by doing..." ;)

DarkOne said:
Except some of us here in Canada (maybe elsewhere) don't have a CD Key and therefor can not register the game? :(
IIRC, you should have been given 2 keys in Canada. One to register the game here (hard printed on the back of the games manual) and another to register it on some local site you lot have for games... (dont understand myself)Unless you purchased it online and downloaded it, in which case, your already registered... and I can see from your profile, your already registered ;)

Xerxes712 said:
I would not worry about the pro tool being so difficult. People today are much more computer savy and have more knowledge, I think, in computer code.Unless everyone is off playing a console game. Not much thinking going on there. :dead:BUT, some talented modders may have moved onto new games (getting bored waiting :), I found this small Indie game callled 'Mount&Blade' has alot of potential since you get to create your own content as it is being developed, (the code and such is Python but nothing is secret, all for anyone willing to learn).
Mount & Blade has been for while.

DarkOne said:
Except some of us here in Canada (maybe elsewhere) don't have a CD Key and therefor can not register the game? :(
If you send an e-mail to the tec guys they will give you a key to register with. At least that is what they did for me. I had a key within about a week or two. All i said was 'i bought the game and that I live in canada and it did not have the key in the book' I guess some of them were missing the key because i looked everywhere even where it said to look.waynehead ;D

WOOT!!! :D The Witcher v1.3 Patch and D'jinni Coming Next Week Posted on 03/06/08According to the calendar on CD Projekt's internal fansite website, CD Projekt RED intends to release a v1.3 patch and the D'jinni toolset for The Witcher on Friday, March 14. http://www.gamebanshee.com/thewitcher/ (if you don't believe me.)

Well, well, well.... ain't some people anxious here? ;DThey only said March 14th, you know? Not when on that day... so it may perfectly be in the evening, not the morning.Maybe they haven't finished praying that their servers won't melt yet. ;)((Though I still think that releasing this right before the weekend is a rather strange move, since I doubt that the staff will be doing overtime this weekend to deal with any trouble that may arise.))

Top Bottom