How to change shops items

+
Edited : sorry, missed Severian 2 answer. Beginning also to found some info on the official wiki in moding section, sorry to be so hmm, won't say :)Ok now . I extracted all files from the main.key (took a while and was unnecessary, can't "play" with .dds files, i.e.). Then, what happens ?I got some folders: " _items00 " one, containing lots of .dds and .mdb files, but I don't know what to do next. other examples :_cutscenes, with inside, obviously, the .cut scenes and some wave filesand interesting one :_templates !So, how does it really work to change a shop item list ? Can Hedi or another guy that did it send me a pm (or post here) with a quick tutorial on how to do that ? By tuto, I mean : get this software(s), install, open such file from game directory, extract or whatever, then use this software to modify what you want, and this software to "repack" into game directory. Quick tutorial, you see ;) I can "learn" how to use a software by myself, at least I guess. Will repost if not ..

Ok. This is exactly how to do it. Get unbif, get it from http://iamtk102.googlepages.com/. Open the program, press select, go to Data folder and open main. Then select main only again in the list. Press read and select templates in the list and extract anywhere. You will get alot of type files, utm files (like mp3) are the shop files. To open utm files you need KGFF too, so download it from the page. Open KGFF and go to View and select witcher. Open any utm file, say the innkeeper from chapter 2 ( 2_inn_01.utm). You'll see a huge list of things to change. I hope you backup your files. There is an ItemList list, under it you'll see items you can change: InventoryRes, is the item you can change. In Value it says it_drink_001 that's probably water or something. Change it to it_drink_002 and you might get milk. You change it to it_potion, it_food, it_scroll etc. Don't bother with resposX/resposY, delete them if you want.To know what items are called exactly go to where your utm lists are and you'll see file types called "uti". for example you'll find in the folder the file it_drink_001.uti. Open it with KGFF and if you scroll down and look closely you'll find what the item is exactly. To add more items in the ItemList, copy a structure and paste it under the itemlist and repeat the process. Like this ItemList/Structure1/inventoryRes ItemList/Structure2/inventoryRes. Also never buy quest items or such unless you want to ruin the game, and if you add a it_potion_401 which doesn't exist I don't think the game will crash or anything. And most importantly you need to change the shop items before you visit the shop. You can save your changes and let it be anywhere under Data, the game will recognize it. Hope it helps

Yes, it did, thanks.I'm experiencing, to finally (hope) get to what I wanted at the beginning : make Abigail (and others alchemy vendors) sell huge quantities of the items they have, instead of 1 or 2 pieces 1st time we "visit", then 1 only each refresh. Well. Harsh job, I guess, for me at least.* Found how to modify shop sell/buy rate (thanks wikia/witcher), how to make any vendor buy anything (with some confusions), add the storage to a npc (yeah, testing, testing ...), then still snooping the web and the files to change the amount of items in shop list. This is well hidden, and maybe not in the *.utm file from the pnj. Well, I'll see that.oh, it_drink_001 is some basic beer (infamous one * from french translation), brewed in Wizima, by the way :)And I had (not sure it's related with my mods, but may be) my first savegames corrupted. All of'em, from prologue to chapt.3 where I was (and new ones from prologue to test the mods) : now when I load my game, I found poor Geralt lying on ground, dead with 0 vp / 0 ep. Medalion is vibrating a lot (by night, had a save in front of Haren's house), but then I dont see the "Game over / Load / Cancel" dialog. Only way to interact with game is Alt+F4 ... Checked all my saves, all the same. gonna delete my override's folder content (got backup) to see it goes better.

Last few questions for my final testing about this :Is there a file containing real name for all ingredients, items, weapons ? By real name, I mean the one used by the game engine (or script or whatever), like "it_ingr_001". ?andAny trick / tip on how to change the amount of items a vendor pnj has in store at Geralt's first visit, then the amount of these items that are added per .. "stock's refreshing"(still for those alchemy's ingredients so rare sometimes ! Nice to have Thunderbolt formula from early chapter I, not nice not being able, if playing "normally", to brew more than one, maybe two.)

Couldn't find a list no, but if you open the uti files with kgff you'll see in english1 line what they are called. Also one way to change the amount of items is that after you've purchased an item say a drink_001. Close the game. And open the program witchsav (download it) and then you extract the save file content. With KGFF you open a player.utm file. There you press F10 and type/search for drink_001. somewhere there you'll see a line called StackSize, that's the amount of items. Then recompile the game again with witchsav. And backup oyur savefile before all this too :).

Ok, so I'll tr this one. On my (several attemps, course) chapter 1 saved beginning. Getting info on ingredient / item value from savegame just need me to redo the prologue and empty my bag / storage and let only the items I'm interested in. Fast manip., I'll go to Abi, buy only 2 Phosphorus or else, and done. By the way, I found how to change the amound of items in a merchant shop. Just need to add the same item several times (tried this with some Zerik. Spirit or else, that is sold by Leuvaarden in ch. 1. Put his stock at 10 on first visit. Need yet to check on second visit how he'll restock.

Once I modified the shop items, they never restocked for me :(. I think it's controlled somewhere else, or maybe only certain items automatically restock themselves.

Seriously, you guys are way better at this than I am (haven't even gotten one change to work properly), I hope a nice full length tutorial ends up on wiki.

tracido said:
Seriously, you guys are way better at this than I am (haven't even gotten one change to work properly), I hope a nice full length tutorial ends up on wiki.
You must remember that you need to save in the KGFF after changes, also put it anywhere in you DATA folder. And finally you shouldn't have visited the shop before you made these changes.I attached a file of a book seller in Act III so that he has many more items, compare it to your bookseller with KGFF and notice the changes I made.

severian2 said:
severian2 said:
You must remember that you need to save in the KGFF after changes, also put it anywhere in you DATA folder. And finally you shouldn't have visited the shop before you made these changes.I attached a file of a book seller in Act III so that he has many more items, compare it to your bookseller with KGFF and notice the changes I made.
RIght on, thank you so much I'll learn all I can from the comparisons in the files.

severian2 said:
I attached a file of a book seller in Act III so that he has many more items, compare it to your bookseller with KGFF and notice the changes I made.
Thanks. Finally, got those nifty ingredients I was missing badly (for theorical researches, of course !). But you should have warned us : when chitchatting with the chapter 3 Bookseller for the first time, shop page takes a time to show up. I thought my game was about to crash :)Anyway, another inquiry : storage ? When extracting files from main.key/2da or templates, not sure, I found a storage.utm. Marvelous ! One to "edit" for all chapters ? But the savegame tool (that works just great) extracts only the player.utc, and I think the storage should be not far (well ... you know what I mean). Anyway to get it ?

I tried to find the file that contains storage, but without any luck. It should be somewhere in the save file, like you said, but we can't extract it with this witchsav version..

I'm gonna look deeper in savegame soon.Another question is now :What is the value to give to a vendor so she/he accepts everything ? I mean, take the "Antiquary" bookseller in chapter I : he accepts only books (wich sounds logical, for sure). Abigail, on the other side, should accept to buy more plants and ingredients, wouldn't she ?In any vendor's .utm file, there is different's things like AlcohoolProf, MonsterIngredients, and so on. Values go from 0 to 6. 0 = accept all and 6 refuse all ? Or 0 = nothing and 6 = all ? Not sure, I tried different settings, from 0 to 6, Abigail still doesn't want to buy me some ingredients collected on monsters in ch. 1 (Death Dust, for example, or Beast Fangs). So ?EDIT : no storage file (not clearly) in any savegame. Must be ... no idea.P.S. And what the .. is the WitherAlchemyProf wich is another entry from AlchemyProf ?

CPCMad said:
...Yes but previous question was : where to find that ? I mean, the /utm folder or directory tree ? You said you extracted all files ... Yup ? from wich other files ? the .bif ones ? If so, how did you do that ? Unbif (what a name :) ) software ?
KGFF works on the raw byte structures contained within the file(s). They're flexible generic files from programming perspective but are binary data and require either direct hex editing or an app that does it for you. It can be difficult to describe how to use it using text if you've never seen it. I highly suggest if you are interested in learning to mod, the Witcher Wikia has a large amount of very useful information in this regard, including the formats of files that have been disected so far.Extracting starter:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Extracting_the_original_filesTools:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Modding_toolsModding jump point:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:ModdingSome mini-mods / DIY stuff:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mini-modsetc.

Top Bottom