Question on DPS

+
On my craft Divided We Stand, why is 41-51 damage at 6 attacks per second equal to 745.5 dps? Shouldn't it be more like 246-306 dps? Also, sometimes I get a lower dps (~500) when I craft the same gun with the same per-shot damage and fire rate. But ~500dps is still nowhere close to 246-306. What's going on here? This is not the only gun with DPS that doesn't compute. Is there some creative math involved, or some mechanics I don't know about?

Even with the chemical damage added in, that's still a max of 500-something dps... someone forgot how to do math at CDPR LOL.

the variables were likely changed in the code at some point of development but not in the physical representation from the stat screen. it goes both ways. if you take the time to fill a weapon with damage, crit damage, crit chance mods and test the damage difference you'll soon find that it doesn't exist. this runs contrary to what the stat screen indicates

damage scaling in this game is almost 100% level differentiation. the observable changes are not a result of newer or more upgraded weapons, but rather a larger discrepancy in your level relative to your opponent's

it's just another example of window dressing. on the outside it gives the appearance of a deep and complex assortment of weapon types and damages. the reality is something much more shallow and mediocre in every sense of the word

On my craft Divided We Stand, why is 41-51 damage at 6 attacks per second equal to 745.5 dps? Shouldn't it be more like 246-306 dps? Also, sometimes I get a lower dps (~500) when I craft the same gun with the same per-shot damage and fire rate. But ~500dps is still nowhere close to 246-306. What's going on here? This is not the only gun with DPS that doesn't compute. Is there some creative math involved, or some mechanics I don't know about?

Weapon DPS formula includes critical hit chance and critical hit damage.
Not sure if headshot damage multiplier is a factor.

The difference between possible damage rolls you can get when crafting a weapon at a given level is due to changes in critical hit chance and critical hit damage.

Top Bottom