I didn't like Jackie Welles [Spoilers]

+

Phair

Forum regular
I know I know shoot me now...!

But I really did not like him, loud and obnoxious best describe him to me.
I also think he was just using V because he/she was better than he was at doing many things he could not do. And he saw V as his ticket to the big time.

He really shows his true colors at the Afterlife meeting and on the drive to the heist. Where he seemed to be barely in control of himself. And he was obviously only thinking of himself. In the conversation they had V was obviously worried he was going to blow the heist, if he did not control himself. And I was actually glad he died, because I really did not want to put up with him anymore.

If he had been made a permanent partner, I would have never called on him for anything. He was the kind of guy who I would avoid in real life also.
A real knuckle dragger.

he was unapologetically himself. apparently his personality, a result of 30ish years of him being alive, was not impacted much by the 6 months he was acquainted with V. i'm impressed you were able to develop an unfavorable opinion of the man after 5 conversations w/ him. you must have quite the knack for judging the motivations of other people

but at the end of the day, like him or not, he was at least believable character

My step-dad played the game and he didn't like Jackie either. He told me "he's no one I would associate with in real life."

That's fair enough. But the game is role playing. He also played a fellow mercenary who grew up in a harsh city. I think he's missing part of what the game is offering. Circumstances in NC are different

He couldn't see past it. But I could. I liked Jackie and nerd raged a bit when he died. For all his other faults, he was a bro. He wanted something better. Not a perfect person, but who among us are?

Phair

Forum regular
he was unapologetically himself. apparently his personality, a result of 30ish years of him being alive, was not impacted much by the 6 months he was acquainted with V. i'm impressed you were able to develop an unfavorable opinion of the man after 5 conversations w/ him. you must have quite the knack for judging the motivations of other people

but at the end of the day, like him or not, he was at least believable character

I don't think it was hard to form a opinion about him rather quickly.
In the six month cut seen, it was quite easy to see the was obnoxious and loud.
After that it became even more obvious, about his personality and the way he acted at the Afterlife meeting and on the drive to the heist.

Jackie felt a bit too friendly a but too fast.

If you remember those cut animations, there were a lot of time past from the first meet until the game started after moving to NC. For the sake of brevity, it looked to me like they skipped a lot of boring bonding.

BTW, I like your Ian McShane avatar. Very underrated actor.

Whaaaat? How dare you? No, god, please, noooo!

Just kidding.
For me i can't get it why most if the male players are so crazy for Judy and Panam. I like these two characters but well maybe because i'm a gaymer i like Kerry more.

I didn't like T-Bug at all, like at all... Jackie was "ok" but not that memorable to me.

In the Corpo opening Jackie is already calling V like they were best chooms, while she is trying to work.

If you remember those cut animations, there were a lot of time past from the first meet until the game started after moving to NC. For the sake of brevity, it looked to me like they skipped a lot of boring bonding.

I understood the point of the montage, but I don’t think it worked because this is not a movie, the experience is more personal by default since you have control, you make choices and ”you” create the character.

BTW, I like your Ian McShane avatar. Very underrated actor.

Thanks. He really is a bit underrated.

Deadwood is the best series ever to come out from HBO, and Al Swearengen (in the pic) is a fantastic character.

Deadwood is the best series ever to come out from HBO, and Al Swearengen (in the pic) is a fantastic character.

Deadwood was fucking awesome. I've watched it twice. The movie was a let down. That wasn't McShane's fault, it was the damn director.

I've watched the Deadwood series all the way through twice. I feel a third time approaching soon.

Al Swearingen, the man you both loved and hated more than any other controversial character on film (my opinion, of course)!

I know I know shoot me now...!

But I really did not like him, loud and obnoxious best describe him to me.
I also think he was just using V because he/she was better than he was at doing many things he could not do. And he saw V as his ticket to the big time.

He really shows his true colors at the Afterlife meeting and on the drive to the heist. Where he seemed to be barely in control of himself. And he was obviously only thinking of himself. In the conversation they had V was obviously worried he was going to blow the heist, if he did not control himself. And I was actually glad he died, because I really did not want to put up with him anymore.

If he had been made a permanent partner, I would have never called on him for anything. He was the kind of guy who I would avoid in real life also.
A real knuckle dragger.

Dunno to me he did sound like somebody who lived in the dirt all his life but with a lotto jackpot ticket in his pocket. We learn that his father used to hit his mother with a belt and finaly he attacked his father and demanded him to leave. Those events can shape a personality. What do we know about V? Far less actually.

I’ve watched probably around 10 times over the years.

Shame it ended prematurely. The movie didn’t really do it enough justice even if ut wasn’t bad.

What I really admire about the series is every character shined in their own ways. All the characters were kind of weird, quirky, but they all still shined.

And the climax in season 3, I think, was just a fist fight between two "big boys" and it was shown so well, even though it was only a fist fight.

That director has some talent.
I’ve watched probably around 10 times over the years.

Shame it ended prematurely. The movie didn’t really do it enough justice even if ut wasn’t bad.

Its your personal opinion, not everyone is going to enjoy and like every character.

Personally I really liked Jackie and was kind of sad that none of the options you choose seem to keep him alive. I was hoping that maybe sending him to Vic, being a ripperdoc, would maybe save him but nope. Seemed a shame to wipe him so soon, I felt like he was a strong character, but I guess he was a story tool.

Well, you don't feel attached to character because they've cut this content and honestly this character was not really interesting for me. And when he was killed i was like ok.

I thought i would be able to kill t-bug as she crossed the line in trailers. But well everything was cut so most characters are so so. Even panam or judy.

Top Bottom