the game being too broken with too many medicine/grenade/ammo/good weapons drop in the loot which make item shop being under used too

+
I think the game should relying on shopping and crafting more by making junk items/food items/money drop more often

while making ammo/grenades/medicines rarely drop from the enemy and harder to be found on the map
and reduce a chance to get good weapons and attachment from the enemy's loot
make it drop only shitty tier to force the players to go shopping or crafting

since the fewer healing item to be found so the player has a chance to use food items more than spamming X with 100+ medicine they found in the map freely

also, make the shop selling more various type of attachment to be more freely modify the guns

the faster reload attachment and faster fire rate attachment is too rare to find while higher damage and crit chance being too common

anyway this is just my opinion on how to quickly improve gameplay balance with a simple change of item drop from the point of player so I just I wanna sharing my idea

so what everyone's thinking about that?

Last edited:
while making ammo/grenades/medicines rarely drop from enemy
and reduce a chance to get good weapons and attachment from the enemy's loot
make it drop only shitty tier to force the players to go shopping or crafting

Enemies dropping ammo is very rare, you found ammo in the corpse around the scene

Enemies dropping ammo is very rare, you found ammo in the corpse around the scene
True but there is still a ridiculous amount of ammo laying around. Even with me being generous with the pulling of the trigger I never came close to running out. Same thing with meds, on my melee playthrough I was popping 6 to 8 per gig and always had plenty to spare.

Last edited:
I don't see the problem, if you think that there is too much ammo, then just don't pick it up and only buy it.

I don't see the problem, if you think that there is too much ammo, then just don't pick it up and only buy it.
do you ever think of the game as what it should be as a balanced playstyle?

like doom for example
the game is so fun because of resource management of ammo type and combat so players have micromanagement in their mind when they shooting
if the game has unlimited ammo and players just choose whatever they want to use at any point
the game becomes stale

even hardest difficulty this game has too much ammo/medicine/grenade even never thinking about resource management in mind

I just want the game to be good by itself not with the made-up rule in my own mind
in the mod forum, people still having the same issue
even in youtube comments people rarely use a shop and the food items

this game has a lot of good potentials but being underused I just want the game to be better not just for me but I just want to come across a praising comment about this game elsewhere too

not just stuck in an echo chamber

Last edited:
do you ever think of the game as what it should be as a balanced playstyle?

Yes I do, but I also use the freedom it gives me to play the way I want to play it. The game was not made to solely cater to my playstyle.

like doom for example
the game is so fun because of resource management of ammo type and combat so players have micromanagement in their mind when they shooting
if the game has unlimited ammo and players just choose whatever they want to use at any point
the game becomes stale

even hardest difficulty this game has too much ammo/medicine/grenade even never thinking about resource management in mind

I tend to agree with you on the resource management side, but that is always a matter of taste - some people play mostly for the story and do not want to go scavenging/grinding for any given resource.
i.e. Player X would love to just play as a Sniper but if the Sniper Ammo is few and far between it will prevent him from doing so and get upset.

What we mustn't forget the story is set in a City which is the NRAs wet dream. In a place where most people are armed to the teeth it would be kind of illogical for there to be a lack of ammo.

I just want the game to be good by itself not with the made-up rule in my own mind
in the mod forum, people still having the same issue
even in youtube comments people rarely use a shop and the food items

this game has a lot of good potentials but being underused I just want the game to be better not just for me but I just want to come across a praising comment about this game elsewhere too not just stuck in an echo chamber

I agree with you, especially with the food & drink, but then again we are playing in an urban setting.

Whatever the solution, it will have to be carefully balanced since if it is too little it breaks the game in the opposite direction.

I tend to agree with you on the resource management side, but that is always a matter of taste - some people play mostly for the story and do not want to go scavenging/grinding for any given resource.
i.e. Player X would love to just play as a Sniper but if the Sniper Ammo is few and far between it will prevent him from doing so and get upset.

dude, there is a difficult selection for that it should suit more people to select what they want
those who play for the story should just select an easier option

but what 2077 be right now there are barely any options to choose the harder

not just me in the mod forum people discuss what they could do how to make the game better for everyone too

thinking this as a game
if they want to make guns being such common then they should have a better gameplay system to make them fun with many guns like borderland
which will make the game will be harder to fix

Hardcore mod is much needed so yeah personally I agree. What's the point of even having ammo in this game? There are so many of them you never run out. Even if you do, you can CRAFT THEM IN COMBAT! just ridiculous.

The same goes for healing item. Too many of them lying around and no cooldown…enemy seldomly heal themselves, and even if they do, they only use the HEALING OVER TIME ones. The player can spam instant heal like no tomorrow.

Just…bad.

I disagree to a large degree. Gun shops and crafting still have a purpose as different weapon types are common to different areas. You stand a very good chance of going a long time without seeing a particular weapon, so if you like it you'll have to craft/upgrade/buy it. Grenades meanwhile have a weight to them (arguably too low), so you aren't going to have a ton on you at once. Ammo is actually very well balanced to the point where I'm usually fine, but I have had to craft ammo before because I ran low.

Oh my god is there too much healing though. I know it's not uncommon to finish RPGs with 999 potions, hi potions, mega potions, etc, but Cyberpunk makes no effort to break that trend. There is zero incentive to ever buy healing or craft healing if you aren't going for an exploit. There needs to be a cooldown on healing items, they need to have a weight like grenades (conversely ditch the weight on alcohol), and there needs to be 1/10th as many lying around.

Also, and this would be more work, maybe make it so enemies can pick up and use grenades and healing lying around? That's a much more involved change, but at least it'd reduce inventory saturation.

Consumables should at least have weight, or a limitation on how many you can bring with you.

The game would be emmanently more immersive if our character's carrying capability was weight (as in real world + cybernetic strength enhancements; (e.g. not 90kg+) based, and took clothing into account (e.g. big ****, , a midi top, and short shorts allows your character to carry a plastic spoon and not much else) . :LOL:

I never have a problem running out of ammo because my Silenced AR does 65k headshots and my Sniper Rifle does 655k headshots. So even if there was less ammo to pick up I still would have no issue with ammo lol. So at least for me less ammo drops would do nothing to my game. Also since you can craft ammo you should really never need to buy it anyway. Though I do get what you are saying about shops being pretty unneeded most of the time.

Given that crafted weapons will almost always be better then any drop or store bought weapon the only way to really make shops more useful to everyone and not just those who ignore the crafting tree is for them to have something(s) that they are the only ones who can provide and currently there is nothing aside from a couple of BPs.

The crafting system alone almost completely removes the need for shops at all. So at least for me, drops aren't what keep me from going to stores. Honestly the only drops I don't break down are Iconic items and what ever clothing items for the outfit I have settled on for the play through.

I agree with the idea that things are too accessible to available. It is often guised in the sense of providing players more "freedom" by making everything viable.

An important aspect of video games is providing players with choice, but a trap that developers often fall into is making choice meaningless. By having TOO much of everything, the choices you make don't matter and why even bother if everything is OP anyway.

By limiting resources, you force players to solve a puzzle on how to maintain ammo or create unique builds, and through succeeding in managing those resources they will get a sense of accomplishment and "feel good" about "playing well".

But...you can go the opposite route and make things too inaccessible and players are discouraged because the game is too punishing.

Regardless, this game is "too easy" especially as you progress.

As mentioned earlier, if resource are too plentiful then why ever use the vendors? It makes parts of the game pointless.

Top Bottom