Patch 1.1

+
PC (Alienware with NVIDIA graphics card, newer system) and running the game through Steam. Had no problem with getting it to play before 1.1. I only had problems with one quest causing the game to crash (Search & Destroy). Couldn't continue the game after starting that quest and getting to one part of it (right after you escape the apartment). I gave up on the game at that point, hoping for patches to fix that quest and allow me to continue playing the game.

Then, today, I was happy that there was a patch and was expecting to (hopefully) get through that buggy quest to continue with the game since I had been enjoying it up to that point.

Now, the game won't even start at all. Immediately crashes (Flatlines) to desktop. It won't even get to the first menu before it crashes. I've tried 3 times after restarting my system each time, hoping that it was something random causing the problem. It's not. Whatever it is, I can no longer play this game. I kind of wish you hadn't patched it. I could've, at the least, have restarted the game and played up to Search and Destroy before, doing all the side content I had skipped before to focus on the main quest. Now, the game is unplayable..literally.

I will point this out as well. I DO NOT use mods. I have added nothing to this game. Game has been removed and redownloaded and files verified. It still flatlines. Can't play it, if it won't start.

I could not be more disappointed.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please reply. I would appreciate it. TIA

Last edited:
W10 is way superior to W7.

In what way? It's even worse than windows 8, windows 10 is an invasive metro nightmare that tries way too hard to emulate the mobile platform. When I originally installed it I had to disable a bunch of anti-privacy bullshit MS insists on shoving into everything now in addition to spending a ridiculous amount of time just getting it to look/function like a normal operating system that wasn't trying to hamstring me at every turn. It's not a "circle-jerk" as you put it...there are a lot of legitimate grievances regarding windows 10, and I would go back to 7 in a heartbeat if I could. The only reason MS stopped supporting windows 7 is because they knew it was better than 10(and gave more control to the user) and didn't want another XP situation where people refused to upgrade to an obviously inferior option like with vista/ME. 7's lifespan would easily be another 5-10 years if not for Microsoft's arbitrary limitations.

They haven't even fixed the brancesi, infinite money are still a thing. Clearly a feature and not a bug, then. :LOL: Great job CDPR, I would also bet the game crashes as usual on PS5, I'm waiting for some reports from customers (because media will say now it's perfect without even testing it).

OMG you people crying about flatlining after every goddamn patch. It happened to me too, it's not the end of the world ffs.
1: Remove all your mods/hex edited shit.
2: Verify integrity.
It's really that easy. Easier than writing dramas on forums.

As always, lots of haters here that don't add anything of value to the discussion.

It's been more than a month, we all get it. The game has several issues that need to be addressed, but they can't be addressed all at once and in one month. Some of you think there's a button "Fix all" and magically everything is fine.

I appreciate the devs work cuz I know no dev with self-respect would ever allow a game like this to see the daylight with all these bugs and glitches. It wasn't their decision.

I was there day 1 when Witcher 3 came out. I know how much it improved since that day, so you have my absolute confidence.

Keep up the good work, no matter how long it takes as long as you deliver.

Cheers.

I am adding some value to this discussion... Don't buy this beta game. Spend some money on animal shelter instead. Like someone wrote: you get better feeling without constant disappointment.

I am adding some value to this discussion... Don't buy this beta game. Spend some money on animal shelter instead. Like someone wrote: you get better feeling without constant disappointment.
I bought an alpha game and spent 1600 on it and continue to test it for the devs. And don't regret a cent or a min. This was 60 dollars and have enjoyed every minute of it, bugs and all. Great game

Could you fix the light machine gun where you can only add one mod despite having 4 slots. The mod just replaces the first one even if you click on one of the other slots.

Thanks CDPR for the continuous work on the bugs. Keep it going and the game will eventually be there!

in any case, I am sure you have already noticed and are probably thinking about it,
but you really need to do something about the glitchy, brainless and utterly lifeless A.I. of the game(not sure how hard that will be due to the design choices).

Cheers!

1.1 Broke my saves. I can now not continue my playthrough as Takemura calls me and doesn't say anything or hang up.
My first playthrough and cannot continue.

Any known fix?

[...]

How many times did you see a new AI for the game implemented in the path? I never saw anything like that.
They would have to admit that police AI was bad in the first place, and they will never do this.

They will fix the game enough to put it back in the PS store, investors will get happy, then it is over. They will go for the multiplayer.

Thought I'd chime in here. PC

1. Street lights and certain 'glow's are still super low res.
2. Pop ins are now VERY noticeable, almost a super low res models even at medium distances, since I play with RT any assets with lights such as chairs on sidewalks just pop in and light up.
3. I also experience the Takemura call but loading previous saves negates the issue.

Will continue to report but overall it has been smoother, less dips but also no performance gain so stability is a plus.

Hey guys

thank you for delivering the 1.1 patch in time - this will be good for some people that are much sensitive regarding the roadmap.

Thank you again for your hard work to make a special an outsanding game.

In the future, bad things will be forgotten.

Please keep on going on and i hope that you doing well together

Yet the "one more gig"---->straight to end credit loop still there....ya guys are garbage give me back my money

SIlent Takemura doesn't let me do anything, also got this rifle stuck in asphalt...

20210123023147_1.jpg

Still get the strange glitch when the character appears outside the car while driving, especially with motorcycles.
Somebody knows if the elevator bug (door opens after secondary character pass through) is fixed?
Also there was some serious bug in Play It Safe quest where the third sniper was stucked halfway through the floor and another in the Forward to Death quest where the mercenaries in the chopper were walking in the air. (PC GOG).

Top Bottom