Down on the Street - Wait a day for Takemura's call bug

+
I as well am stuck on this mission. I have tried several things. However, I am only left with continuing side quests and other things to do. I guess I will have to wait for an update patch to proceed with the main missions. Anyone know when the next patch is supposed to be implemented?

Well in Stadia update to 1.1 and now instead Takemura calls and just hangs forever. In ALL THE SAVES.

For extra fun what did I get in the last GOG marketing campaign?
":shrug: Giving up already? Challenging games up to 80% off"

I'll just watch the rebel ending on youtube and go do something more productive.

Currently on Patch 1.1, got a phone call from Takemura but he is not talking at all. I cannot save because I am in the call, and there is no way for me to exit the call.

I am having the same problem with the infinite phone call Takemura. I can't get out of the call. Last manual save was not horribly long ago but well over 10 hours lost. I rather not have to restart there, but may have to. Any workaround I've searched doesn't work. Any advice? I'm not sure if patch 1.1 caused it, but it happened as this patch was deployed.

I guess I have to revert to my last save unless it is patched.

I have the same problem and I just got the 1.1 patch! I completed the mission where I meet Alt, and after leaving the hotel do the talk with Silverhand then Takemura immediately calls and it automatically answers and he doesn't say anything. Once that happens I can't do anything else because I am in a call. I tried reloading the previous save and I'm unable to get around this.

Hey folks, so the Takemura bug. through all of my play throughs, on my third now I never experienced this bug that was said to be fixed in the patch notes. However just so happens that now that the fix is out I was literally just on that mission and the bug is there and I can get the phone call to go away.

Just to let you know, I am not on the band wagon of bashing you guys, I bought CP on launch day on old PS4. Instead of refunding... I just bought it again on PC as it is that freaking good:) I have not experienced this kind of gaming experince since a child on NES, perhaps on Skyrim.

Anyway amazing, but please see into this bug again, the patch seems to not fixed it but brought it out to the front.

PC:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASRock
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Adapter Description AMD Radeon RX 5700
Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x731F), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Video RAM: 2GB

Same here, "Down the Street", endless call from Takamura saying nothing, with 1.1.

Game is stuck/brocken.
Saving isnt possible.

How the end this call?

Cannot play anymore with this.

Had the same problem where Takemura calls you for the "Down the Street" job but then doesn't talk and stays there forever. My last save was right after a main job so I really can't progress further because Takemura's call will be there forever.

After numerous attempts to "fix" the bug, I found a solution that works, even if it seems odd.

The solution here is all about timing. Basically, what you need to do is have another person call you while being stuck with Takemura. The other call forces Takemura out of your screen and brings everything back to normal.

You can do this by carefully timing yourself walking into an area where Claire will call you for a side job.

So basically,

1. Takemura calls you, the bug happens because he stays there.
2. Walk into the area to initiate a call from Claire. Answer Claire's call.
3. Once you get Takemura out of the call, save your game right away and load it again.

There you go.

Though, this fix is a bit odd. Ever since I "fixed" it, whenever Claire calls me, Takemura is right next to her in the call like they're physically together but he doesn't talk. UPDATE: all your video calls will have Takemura on the screen taking over whoever you're supposed to talk to. Takemura is clingy. :ROFLMAO:

P.S.

Not sure if this fix is good enough to continue playing the story. So just make sure you use a different save file for this fix.

Last edited:
Hello, tried submitting a ticket but nobody answers. ive encountered a problem with Takemura and its stuck on wait a day for a call in down on the street mission, i had a call at the time he called me and i answered 2 people at once, then he magically stayed in every call i had, i called him back which fixed it but now i cant progress through the game because it still thinks he hasnt called me yet, the last game file which this didnt occur is an old one, and im not looking to give up 15hrs of gameplay

After the 1.1 patch when Takenura calls me he doesn't talk and just sits on the screen. And the game won't let me interact with missions to start them. I'm on the Nvidia shield TV

Had the same problem where Takemura calls you for the "Down the Street" job but then doesn't talk and stays there forever. My last save was right after a main job so I really can't progress further because Takemura's call will be there forever.

After numerous attempts to hack the bug, I found a solution that works, even if it seems odd.

The solution here is all about timing. Basically, what you need to do is have another person call you while being stuck with Takemura. The other call forces Takemura out of your screen and brings everything back to normal.

You can do this by carefully timing yourself walking into an area where Claire will call you for a side job.

So basically,

1. Takemura calls you, the bug happens because he stays there.
2. Walk into the area to initiate a call from Claire. Answer Claire's call.
3. Once you get Takemura out of the call, save your game right away and load it again.

There you go.

Though, this fix is a bit odd. Ever since I "fixed" it, whenever Claire calls me, Takemura is right next to her in the call like they're physically together but he doesn't talk. UPDATE: all your video calls will have Takemura on the screen taking over whoever you're supposed to talk to. Takemura is clingy. :ROFLMAO:

P.S.

Not sure if this fix is good enough to continue playing the story. So just make sure you use a different save file for this fix.

This does not work, with Takemura on the phone you cannot use the phone, or receive any calls,
or fast travel, and can not save the game.

Has a ticket for this been submitted? I'm not even thinking of loading the game until this is patched.

I think this is a game breaker.

Nope, not even after the 1.1 update is the original problem fixxed. I've again in this new update done ALL online "fixes" but nothing works. Takemura will still not call me. Thanks CDPR. Quick edit: I have the problem on the Quest "Gimme Danger" but it's the same thing, you have to wait a day for takemura to call you but he won't.

Yeah well now he calls and it won't go away. I'm taking this POF to Gamestop & trading it.

Last edited:
Im stuck in a bug that i havent seen anyone post about, its a bug where i answer takemuras call and then he doesnt talk. He doesnt say anything just stares quietly. It sucks because i cant interact with anything untill the call is over, no vendors or anything, but the call wont be over until he finishes the conversation, but he cant finish the conversation because takemura refuses to talk to me. Im playing on ps4. CD project red please fix this in your next patch, or somebkdy whose run into this bug please help me

So I'm still stumped and stuck with Down on the Street since Takemura isn't calling
I've tried each of the methods here but none have worked for me.
I've already completed both River's and Panam's stories and am about to (I assume) finished Judy's story.
At the time where I was given the quest I was about lvl 13-15 and now I'm lvl 31. I've done so many sidequests and collected some really good loot. Now since I've progressed so much from that point I don't even have a save before we drove to Wakako so I can't just reload it. The only thing I can do now is restart the game.
Please help.

Top Bottom