will cdpr do a NMS with cp77?

+
I understand everyone's negativity regarding CDPR adding features to the world and gameplay to make it a better experience. It would be easy for the leadership to go down the same path that led to this launch... looking at other things besides quality and releasing too early.

However, I think that they really do want to make the best RPGs ever and that they are very talented. I even truly think most of the leadership does as well. The co-founder went on video and said it when he laid out their schedule recently.

So despite the many failings of the vanilla CP2077 (I love the game already despite them all), I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and definitely expect a dramatic turnaround over the next year. Maybe not a NMS - I don't expect them to add features over years and years, but I do expect most bug fixes, many of the features that people are asking for/that were promised, AI reworks, graphics optimization, more activities for the open world (feels lifeless sometimes), etc. It could easily be so much more if they try.

I understand everyone's negativity regarding CDPR adding features to the world and gameplay to make it a better experience. It would be easy for the leadership to go down the same path that led to this launch... looking at other things besides quality and releasing too early.

However, I think that they really do want to make the best RPGs ever and that they are very talented. I even truly think most of the leadership does as well. The co-founder went on video and said it when he laid out their schedule recently.

So despite the many failings of the vanilla CP2077 (I love the game already despite them all), I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and definitely expect a dramatic turnaround over the next year. Maybe not a NMS - I don't expect them to add features over years and years, but I do expect most bug fixes, many of the features that people are asking for/that were promised, AI reworks, graphics optimization, more activities for the open world (feels lifeless sometimes), etc. It could easily be so much more if they try.
i hope so man i really do. most people i talk to think cdpr is slowly starting to become just like EA which is quite a possible realistic terrifying thought if you ask me.

Maybe it wasn’t mention but when NMS was release Hello Games wasn’t as big as CDPR is and they didn’t have the funding CDPR has. They also didn’t have any big titles or experiences under their belts like the Witcher series.

CDPR has no excuse given their history and I doubt will have a come back like Hello Games did.

Why should they?

They have stated that they are satisfied with the PC version and that the only thing they plant to do is fixing bugs and make improvements.

Improvements can mean anything but I really think they will only squid bugs, slightly optimise the technical aspects and move.on to dlcs and (payed) expansions as fast as possible, because they meet to generate revenue for the shareholders.

Next step is multiplayer - probably with an in-game store.

It's becoming clear that Cyberpunk 2077 was meant to set up and introduce night city as a large playground for MP.
most characters in CP are throwaway- or thrown away characters ... MP is what they aim for, because it's cheap to make. NC already exists, weapons and crafting exist, you don't need a story for MP...

I don't think they will pull a NMS and I personally think it is not THAT necessary. I understand that people are upset und the game does have a lot of issues. I am playing on a PC and parts of my rig are old (I played it on an AMD FX-8350) and it ran pretty okay for what it looks like. It stayed over 30fps and i have experienced bigger performance issues for older Hardware in other titles in the past.
The problem I am having is, that CDPR used to be that example of a big name that does things differently. Although on PC we are definitely not on Bethesda levels but I can't speak for the console version. Either way, the game (for what it offers in gameplay and storytelling) is great for me. Hugely unbalanced but that is nothing no one can't fix. The fixes I want to see are related to quality of life, performance and the obvious removal of bugs and glitches.
I am also hoping that the announced DLCs will not be some Multiplayer only stuff (I mean the paid ones if they will come) because I am not having great hopes for that part of the game anyway.

Well I am rambling on but all I really wanted to say is that i don't think CDPR will turn the game upside down like Hello Games did with NMS but I also think it is not necessary as the game is in a much better state (on PC) than NMS was (I also don't let the argument count that Hello Games was smaller and yadda yadda yadda. In that case they should have said they do an Early Access model when they know they can't deliver or delay everything... like what CDPR might should have done) at it's release.
CP2077 is at least a very solid base they can expand upon and judging from the Quality that the Witcher DLCs had it is definitely not impossible for them.
They need to deliver from now onwards and I am sure they have enough talent to do so. Let's just hope the leadership will only talk when necessary and won't give any empty promises and set some other ludacris schedules for the girls and guys making this game.

Its a fact that the majority is also in agreement.

I seem to remember a bit back when NMS first released and also getting all the flack it received for a long time. It took a few years to get it right. By the time it was turned around, the huge anger fest had subsided, and anything that happened after that was glorified an amazing turn around. Today, people praise the game....sometimes forgetting that it was once in a place that cp77 is currently in.

I think this game will eventually follow the same routine. The anger is still lingering around here really heavy...and will continue to do so for a long time. In order for this game to perhaps one day be glorified as NMS is, there needs to be a very long cool down period. I can almost guarantee that we will all look back at this while we praise how this game turned it around and became the classic it was intended.

Now i do understand that there is one huge difference in my theory here. [...]

Yeah, there is. Hello Games didn't call the PC version launch a success. Didn't pat themselves on the back for a job well done the way Marcin successfully did mimicking an apology. So... yeah, no! If it's only up to the management, CP2077 won't pull a NMS. Some missing parts of the game might get released as "free DLC", even if they were initially advertised as being in it from the get-go, but I doubt anything else will happen. At least in this game, that is. Problem is, the didn't leave loose ends here - to tie in an eventual CP2078. They just left a mess out of all the factions and characters, due to the way and pace they delivered the story, that one has to really work hard to care about. So even if there'll be a CP2078, not much will change - not to mention CDPR did prove to be pretty clumsy at carrying over "meaningful" choices from one instalment to another.

The only hope that's left can be based on precisely the way they promoted the game. Falsely. I mean, there might be a chance that, after overhyping and brutally underdelivering, they would go and mirror that completely, by promising very little and bringing a lot of surprise-improvements to all aspects of the game. It's quite logical, in a way. If they had no problem lying to everyone's face once, repeatedly and till the bitter day of the game's release. They should feel quite at ease doing it again for the greater good (and, obviously, to prevent themselves from again promising unrealistic stuff).

i hope cdpr takes this very seriously because some people are not as dumb or as easily tricked as they were before...well maybe except the people who play the sports games...
I am also hoping they will save this game. I was ready to forgive all bugs, dead city, everything because I loved the story until the end. Story was too short, I hated all endings. But hey we will see what will they do
*before anyone says it cyberpunk genre NO IT IS NOT https://www.wired.com/story/cyberpunk-mike-pondsmith-interview/

I am also hoping they will save this game. I was ready to forgive all bugs, dead city, everything because I loved the story until the end. Story was too short, I hated all endings. But hey we will see what will they do
*before anyone says it cyberpunk genre NO IT IS NOT https://www.wired.com/story/cyberpunk-mike-pondsmith-interview/
time will tell. but with the way this whole game industry is behaving it's hard to believe. before it used to be art now it's all about data, charts, numbers and spreadsheets.

Not saying they cant or that they will not. My thoughts is that it will be massive under taking. They would need to add dialog and new story plot and add more random things. While adding cut features and extending on current and well over hauls at least 4 current feature like crafting ai driving and ui.

Not saying they cant or that they will not. My thoughts is that it will be massive under taking. They would need to add dialog and new story plot and add more random things. While adding cut features and extending on current and well over hauls at least 4 current feature like crafting ai driving and ui.
all that money spent on that huge endeavor will be made back ezpz lemon squeezy if they do it right. trust on the other hand will be MUCH MORE difficult to win back. hell i know some people have a mindset that this game is the LAST GAME they will EVER buy from cdpr so they better CONSIDER THEIR OPTIONS CAREFULLY.

It is the last game from CDPR for me.
The PC version is in a better technical state, but they still lied about 90% of the game.
The arrogance which they tell the PC version is as expected is far beyond over the top.
Even if investors won't sue their asses off, the trust in this DEV is gone.

I also enjoyed the main story in terms of imersive gameplay, but there are that many destroyed possibilities and potential that I won't buy releases of them anymore.
Many other devs tried their best to make a game worth it's marketing promises and these arrogant ppl from CDPR stay there to announce the PC version is what they had in mind.

Sorry, this is not acceptable

Yeah, there is. Hello Games didn't call the PC version launch a success. Didn't pat themselves on the back for a job well done the way Marcin successfully did mimicking an apology. So... yeah, no! If it's only up to the management, CP2077 won't pull a NMS. Some missing parts of the game might get released as "free DLC", even if they were initially advertised as being in it from the get-go, but I doubt anything else will happen. At least in this game, that is. Problem is, the didn't leave loose ends here - to tie in an eventual CP2078. They just left a mess out of all the factions and characters, due to the way and pace they delivered the story, that one has to really work hard to care about. So even if there'll be a CP2078, not much will change - not to mention CDPR did prove to be pretty clumsy at carrying over "meaningful" choices from one instalment to another.

The only hope that's left can be based on precisely the way they promoted the game. Falsely. I mean, there might be a chance that, after overhyping and brutally underdelivering, they would go and mirror that completely, by promising very little and bringing a lot of surprise-improvements to all aspects of the game. It's quite logical, in a way. If they had no problem lying to everyone's face once, repeatedly and till the bitter day of the game's release. They should feel quite at ease doing it again for the greater good (and, obviously, to prevent themselves from again promising unrealistic stuff).

Okay yeah i give you that. But I can't worry about a CP2078 because that would still be far away even if the Launch of this game wasn't such a clusterf***. And you can still make Sequels without using cliffhangers in the prequel, I honestly prefer that over teasing something and then never delivering on it due to various reason. I am definitely underwhelmed by the 1.1 patch and wait for 1.2 knowing that 1.1 was not really supposed to adress a lot of Gameplay issues.

The only thing I will do is wait what will happen. In the meantime there are other great games out there to spent my free time with. I am not unhappy with my purchase tho, there come other games to mind which I consider more a waste of my money than this one. (Yes I am actually aware of all the issues and i will not deny them even if i sound like some fanboy but I prefer my glass half full)

They will not , Why? because for CDPR the most critical thing now is to reinstate the game on PS store , so xbox and pc are getting the short end of the stick (they even said that they are proud with the pc version even if the AI is broken)

I don't expect them to give the NMS treatment to CP2077. The only indication that they share player sentiment that the game is not what it could have been was a statement from a lead dev that he could have done better with the quest lines (aka story).

CP is a good game. Better than average, even if it is a lot less than what it could have been. I am sure it will make money. I expect them to focus on going forward, not looking back. Critical fixes. Side Story DLC. Small scale multiplayer. That what I expect for the future for this game. The core game experience, base game quests, and Night City are what they are and I don't expect them to change.

At best, CDPR will take what they learned here and apply it to the next game they make. Not this game.

(I just hope they stop long enough to fix character and vehicle movement controls on PC.)

I doubt it. NMS is much less complex game then Cyberpunk. Plus NMS is multiplayer/cooperative sandbox, this game should keep players in for a long time, while Cyberpunk is story driven singleplayer, the purpose of which is to be sold and played through only once. Commercialy, the total overhaul for Cyberpunk just doesn't worth it.

I'm quite sure that a lot of things will be improved in time, such as map, craft, UI, maybe character building system, but it's unlikely that global improvements in story and gameplay are coming.

CP77 is already 100x better then NMS.... no comparison, its apples and oranges.
You understand they're not comparing the games to each other right? They're comparing the similarity between the giant gap between what each game marketed and what they delivered. The question is, NMS closed that gap, can CP2077?

Top Bottom