[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11)

+
Why don't you guys just roll back to 1.06 if your on PC (edited)?
It's not like you have to upgrade to 1.1 if you didn't have any issues with 1.06.

I backed up my saved and game folder before updating, so just had to rename a couple of folders.

I didn't do it for this particular issue, but rather for the nerf in LOD's
View attachment 11153429
is there a way to roll back on steam if I didn't save my game file? I tried the method using the console and the manifests id but that didn't work. Thanks in advance.

I forgot to add the slots is bugged anyway, and some items do not show the correct amount. I had an item that spawned with 1 slot, but when I added a mod to the first slot another 2 just appeared.

Attachments

• dont-give-me-hope-meme-3.jpg
    dont-give-me-hope-meme-3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 65
Just jumped in and did this on my level 34 character. Results are as follows (on PS4 Pro, so screenshots are hard to transfer):

Container A: EPIC Trendy Sazan Lily Square Glasses, no mod slots, 55.0 armor
Container B: EPIC DB-4 Igla, 448.4 DPS, one empty mod slot

Tried save-scumming 5 times to change the quality of the loot. Loot did NOT change in quality. Prior to 1.1, loot quality would fluctuate fairly wildly. I also tried leaving the building, fast travelling away, fast travelling back, and re-entering, and the loot did not reroll.

I've already completed this quest on my level 50 character, so I can't test with him. I'm going to try leveling up to level 36, come back and do this quest, and see what results I get. If someone else with a level 50 character hasn't done this quest, I'd be curious to see results.

So, what we can conclude is that the loot in these containers is scaling with level. But are they static in the number of mod slots?

I suspected Container B always had a DB-4 Igla in it prior to patch 1.1. At least, I was not able to spawn any other item type in Container B in patch 1.06.

Container A contents are surprising because in 1.06 I save scummed this thing a lot on my level 50 character and the contents were different. I ended up looting Legendary Boostknit Neotac Pants from it.

Armour differences between our glasses suggest level scaling is working. That you looted epic glasses now confuses me as this suggests rarity tier is also working. Perhaps save files are now correctly restoring random seed state for item attributes, if you are not able to change rarity or sockets by save scumming? It would be interesting to see if anyone else gets an item from Container A that isn't Trendy Sazan Lily Square Glasses with no mod slots however.

The most baffling thing is that items were procedurally generated prior to 1.06 right? Presumably using a random seed to determine item type and sockets. When and where is the seed state taken for generating loot in these containers? Don't know for sure. does it iterate different values based on game time? Two people getting the same thing is a coincidence, more is unlikely if we are all getting same item type with the same number of sockets? Could be a bad assumption. I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff. Is seed state taken based on proximity to the container? Don't know although that could explain why we are seeing repeat items across completely different playthroughs on totally different platforms?

I would really appreciate it if anyone else has the time to screenshot the contents of the 2 chests above.

Last edited:
People (including myself) are just so melodramatic because some like to maximize their character (even if it's not necessary to get any stronger than a certain threshold) and get Items in their best version to feel accomplished.
At this point I think I could even live with the unique Items having fixed stats... But I'd prefer someone associated with CDPR to either verify it's an intentional change (in that case that's how the Items spawn now, even if that makes some of them absolutely useless) or if this is just a coding error, so I better not pick it up until they fixed it.
People are pissed and melodramatic cause they got blindsided by this unnecessary change, don't even know if it's supposed to be like that, feel screwed over in comparison to someone who "abused" the save scumming before etc. So many factors going into this.
I understand that. Trying to maximize every aspect of your character is part of playing even a single-player RPG. I myself hate to knowingly "self-nerf", even if this makes combat too easy. I understand this change is seen as stealing the toys of the people who wanted to be rewarded for sticking with a disappointingly flawed game. As for intentional, I doubt CDPR envisages static loot as a permanent fix - its predictable and boring. Likely it's an unfortunate side effect of stabilizing low-tier consoles/computers by getting rid on constant randomized rolls on loot as you speed though Night City doing 200 mph. 0CDPR has little good-will left and underestimated this reaction, the change SHOULD have been bundled with lower spread on slots at least, to soften the perceived blow.

The ability to get good looking legendary items with max amount of slots was the only reason for me to do a 2nd playthrough. Now there is no point in continuing with the game. I see no fix for this other than getting a ''free version'' of the game with 1.06 patch and installing it separately.

I understand that. Trying to maximize every aspect of your character is part of playing even a single-player RPG. I myself hate to knowingly "self-nerf", even if this makes combat too easy. I understand this change is seen as stealing the toys of the people who wanted to be rewarded for sticking with a disappointingly flawed game. As for intentional, I doubt CDPR envisages static loot as a permanent fix - its predictable and boring. Likely it's an unfortunate side effect of stabilizing low-tier consoles/computers by getting rid on constant randomized rolls on loot as you speed though Night City doing 200 mph. 0CDPR has little good-will left and underestimated this reaction, the change SHOULD have been bundled with lower spread on slots at least, to soften the perceived blow.
I agree.
It would probably have helped to put out some information about this at the very least when the panic posts here rolled in.
Right now players are trying to figure out who got the short straw in which way and why... And CDPR says nothing about it, not on this forum, not on Twitter, nowhere. IMHO telling us officially that this is just a byproduct of a temporary fix would have calmed a lot of people. Saying it's the way it is now, cause they realized it just wasn't balanced at all would have been fine was well. Both options would have brought some backlash, but it wouldn't have been hours of us trying to figure out what is going on and getting, as you said, melodramatic about it and in the end getting more and more mad about the situation. I know they have a lot of stuff to do, but the reaction around the forum was pretty obviously showing a few people not exactly being thrilled about them having a less positive experience than before the patch when it comes to unique clothing.

I agree.
It would probably have helped to put out some information about this when the panic posts here rolled in.
Right now players are trying to figure out who got the short straw in which way and why... And CDPR says nothing about it, not on this forum, not on Twitter, nowhere.

Its not a blame game. Finding a donkey to pin the tail on doesn't solve anything. Promising solutions to problems you do not understand yet serves no purpose. You only solve things like this by generating readable, good quality data describing the nature of the problem so smart people with the tools and developer knowledge can iterate solutions fast.

So if you want to help, post screenshots, character level, game version and platform so we can create a useful data set. If you don't want to help, thats fine. Just don't fill this thread with noise so parsing it is more difficult than it needs to be.

Game dev is hard enough as it is. Thats why I work in legal services. Shit, I don't have the coding chops to live rent free in the basement of the game industry.

Last edited:
A lot of people like to put together outfits on their characters too, for example, if I cant equip but one thing to the Corpo set then it's useless to actually wear the armor even if they fix this by letting you add slots to the armor with crafting you then have to pick crafting and waste points which limit what build you can do. Some people actually replay to try out different specs. The whole game was supposed to be about choosing what you wanted to play how you wanted to play what they have done is limit us to a build with 20 points in crafting to get legendary iconic, and now your legendary gear is random but only rolls once. At this point, I don't know if I even want to do another playthrough. It's a shame I was really enjoying the game.

I mean. The armor/cloth system isn't very well thought out. On weapons randomization makes sense - You have several stats that change depending on the weapon. Two Nekomatas are rarely the same etc.
Clothes/Armor? You get in essence 2 variables: Armor value and slot count. The slots are either empty or filled with random addons. To have the slots count be random on unique armor is at best an oversight and at worse a very poor decision.
Our Cyberpunk identity is, at least in my case, very grounded in how I choose to look. Having us either look like blind pimps with max slotted gear vs gimping yourself to look the part really really sucks in a game that has toted player freedom and unique styles of clothes. I know it's silly, we don't really get to see how we look except in photomode or when we are in the inventory, but it builds a mental image of the character I'm playing. And I would detest running around in a legendary 4 slot pencilskirt just to have my male V get the right addons for my idea of optimal play.

Loot_check_1.png
Loot_check_2.png

Knew I hadn't picked up the fixer pants/skirt (same item/location, lower level male character, higher level female character), screenshots above (with character level added in from inventory screen). Higher armour value on the higher level character's version, but both have 3 sockets with identical mods. Hope this helps.

Its not a blame game. Finding a donkey to pin the tail on doesn't solve anything. Promising solutions to problems you do not understand yet serves no purpose. You only solve things like this by generating readable, good quality data describing the nature of the problem so smart people with the tools and developer knowledge can iterate solutions fast.

So if you want to help, post screenshots, character level, game version and platform so we can create a useful data set. If you don't want to help, thats fine. Just don't fill this thread with noise so parsing it is more difficult than it needs to be.

Game dev is hard enough as it is. Thats why I work in legal services. Shit, I don't have the coding chops to even survive in the basement of the game industry.
I think you misunderstood my intention here. This is a forum for a game and there are, as far as I know, people around who work for the company the game is made by.
You for example are really putting effort into finding out what is going on, but in my opinion that burden shouldn't be on you.
I think the people responsible know by now what is going on in their game with the unique clothing items. There were probably hundreds of posts about this issue all over the internet. Just one official source saying "Yep, that's what we intended!" or "Sorry, it was a mistake!" would not only free up your time, cause you wouldn't have to look for a solution for a problem that maybe is an intentional change, but also stop all of us from getting ourselves into a frenzy.
I know that being a programmer isn't easy and I am not attacking the programmers here. I just wish someone would tell us how intentional this was.
Edit: Right now this thread feels like a supermarket where the workers suddenly went missing. Some loot, some panic, some started to check out their own Items though they have no idea how to use the checkout. That's why I maybe wish at least one cashier would come out and say something.
As you basically asked for I will stop taking part in the discussion here, stop asking for someone official to say anything and leave you to your detective work of parsing useful information. :) It's your thread and I didn't realize you changed the first post to say as much as this being for the purpose of finding out how the Items behave via a comparatistic approach.

Last edited:
There is no way this is intended. My provisional theory is that it is an unintended consequence of the changes made to save data in 1.1 to reduce bloat? But really I'm just pulling that out of my arse. We already know that save scumming allowed to players to re-randomize item stats prior to 1.1, so I don't think saves were restoring the random seed state at all but now at least, this themed legendary item isn't scaling to character level, will always roll one socket and the oxygen mod for all players.

We should probably try this with a non themed legendary?
In 6th street gang territory there is a pair of epic slim camo pants that always roll one mod slot, before the patch i was able to get them with two. I ahave also checked random common boxes and they always roll the same for me.

I went to the trailer location in the badlands as suggested on my 3rd V who is still partway through the game at level 24 and see exactly the same stats on the Armored Media Ocuset with Camera, see below. Save/reloading did not change it.

2021-01-24.jpg

So it looks like we have fixed loot in the game now. Given we all appear to be seeing this item with the same stats at different character levels. The unique legendary items used to roll different armour values dependant on your level and they do not any longer.

As others have said this might be the result of optimisations done with loot and save files mentioned in the patch notes and actually fixed loot is now an intended feature to reduce bloat in save games and also improve the performance of the streaming pipeline in the game that was one of the areas they were having issues with performance wise.

If it is intended to have fixed dropped loot now then someone in CDPR better do a loot pass for at least all the unique high tier loot in the game to ensure that the unique legendary drops in the game roll with max slots otherwise players focussing mainly on drop loot are going to be frustrated. Not exactly the best change to make to an already frustrated player base.

I checked crafting briefly on my L24 and crafted a bunch of epic hats and the hats had between 0-2 slots so crafting was providing RNG results. Interestingly all 2 slot hats had the lowest armour number and the 0 slot ones had the highest.

I also logged onto one of my L50 V's and made a bunch of legendary headbands and 12 headbands I made at 3 slots. I did this twice with two different PoNR saves and got every headband with 3 slots which surprised me, 24 headbands all with 3 slots? I also crafted some legendary synleather plastic goggles, 12 again and got a bunch of RNG slots, 2 of which were 3 slot. I would be grateful if someone else could verify the headband result.

Crafting allow you to get max slots in clothing in 1.1 and I do not know how that fits in with any item optimisation that we are guessing might have been done in 1.1 to help performance and save game bloat. Unfortunately legendary specs are rare and only a small quantity are given for free as you level up crafting, pretty much 1 item per slot and we also know that due to another bug that vendors are not selling legendary specs reliably and legendary clothing spec drops are rare.

So it looks like every player who chooses to embrace crafting to get 3/4 slots on their clothing is going to be wearing exactly the same gear with maybe the odd item swapped out if they are lucky to find a unique in game with 3/4 slots.

Anyone do decides they do not want to have crafting as part of their build does not have access to those rather limited legendary specs and will just have to rely on loot drops and vendors. Great.

*insert pic here*
Seriously it did. Not trolling. Legit happened. You can physically see the UI is busted for slots, because after a bit some extra marks appear on the UI itself that are not supposed to be there. IE slots that are missing or not applied properly, meaning the icon is broken and not displaying properly. Extra lines on the minimap display, weird artifacts in the map etc etc.

Methinks is a combined issue of a broken UI and a bad spawner, making the items have the wrong data. This "change" is likely just a bug fix for something else, that has "corrected" one issue and exposed another.

Why don't you guys just roll back to 1.06 if your on PC (edited)?
It's not like you have to upgrade to 1.1 if you didn't have any issues with 1.06.

I backed up my saved and game folder before updating, so just had to rename a couple of folders.

I didn't do it for this particular issue, but rather for the nerf in LOD's
View attachment 11153429
and what should console player do? just except that the game is broken even more now?... they just messed it up again... Ubisoft Division 2 feelings are rising... more and more... "cyberpunk the next big thing fron Witcher 3 studio" lel naming these 2 games in the same sentence yet alone is just a joke... slightly get the feeling that all the rumors about the fake e3 demo and dev whistleblower are just plain truth and the greedy ceo stuff just f*cked it up for the xmas money... gg its a shame not just the end product but the whole story around cyber 2077

even more sad if u remember this specific fashion trailer:

styles and street creed were advertised as an important part of the game but both are just obsolete in the final product... sad just sad... obviously just as fake as the E3 demo...

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood my intention here. This is a forum for a game and there are, as far as I know, people around who work for the company the game is made by.

Its all good. I didn't mean to be grouchy and I'm cool with problem solving - its fun in a way to figure shit out and learn how something works in the process.

If you have time and a save game it would help a lot if you could post screnshots of the megabuilding h6 containers. Another thing I want to test is the safe next to 8ug8ear in the Wakako gig: getting warmer. This safe always has a Military-Graded Aramid Netrunning Suit in it. In 1.06 this could roll as a legendary with 4 sockets if player level was high enough.

Another thing I want to test is loot drops from Matilda K. Rose (Sasquash) in the Grand Imperial Mall. She is a boss archetype and always drops 2 legendaries (I don't think player level matters but would need confirmation). 1 is always a weapon and 1 is always an item of clothing. The weapon and clothing type in 1.06 could vary. I save scummed about 10 different items of clothing and I couldn't discern a pattern really. They could be torsos, leggings, boots or helms. I don't understand the mechanics of how the item type varied but killing Matilda at different times and different locations seemed to change what she could drop. If she dropped a tank top, it would be one of a few particular kinds of tank top.

She is one of very few enemies in the game that guaranteed drops legendaries (the only other one I can think of is Oda). And these would be corpses rather than the regular containers we have been looking at up to now.

So the thing thats confusing me right now is why the legendary media ocuset is not scaling to player level but the Megabuilding H6 container A item does (and also has different rarity tier). In any event, you can't save scum to vary the number of sockets or the rarity tier so I assume the seed state is stored in the save file and the random seed used to generate the item is being correctly restored to whatever state it was at the time of saving.

Last edited:
It's an obvious bug.
Because I repeated the quest to kill jotaro after patch 1.1.
Before the patch, random operation was performed, but now the same item is dropped when the jotaro's position is the same.
When jotaro moves and the position changes, another item is dropped.

It seems that only the position value of the current random seed is reflected.

As a presumption, the box is fixed in position.

Therefore, the drop item is also fixed.

So again, this is bound to be a bug.

Of course, it could have been deliberately changed, but it wouldn't be that stupid.

(Written with Google Translator. I think you will understand roughly)

Last edited:
So the thing thats confusing me right now is why the legendary media ocuset is not scaling to player level but the Megabuilding H6 container A item does (and also has different rarity tier). In any event, you can't save scum to vary the number of sockets or the rarity tier so I assume the seed state is stored in the save file and the random seed used to generate the item is being correctly restored to whatever state it was at the time of saving.

I wondered about this as well when I noticed that the other screenshots folks were posting of the other items were scaling in armor level against player level but the ocuset was not.

Possibly the items that are guaranteed legendary in the world have some sort of fixed flag to ensure they are always legendary and this fixes the armour value but other items that can scale item tiers due to level do not and so their armour value can vary due to level.

I think the number of these fixed unique legendary items is actually smaller than some of the gear lists that have been published suggest because on my 2nd playthru I went to some of these item locations and found the item was not legendary due to me going when lower level but we can certainly check a few others that appear to be on that unique list.

Balancing is atrocious.
On this point, if no others, we agree.

Completely untrue. There are enough skill perks in the game to buff armor to be near immortal. You do not need 4 slot gear whatsoever. I have a melee character with cold blood and can literally walk though ranks of enemies just punching or using mono-wire and only get killed by the 1-shot explosive tanks.
Ahh yes, the "Uber build" that makes all others pale in comparison.
It may come as a shock but some people don't min-max.
Particularing in a game that claims virtually any build is viable.

Last edited:
Ahh yes, the "Uber build" that makes all others pale in comparison.
It may come as a shock but some people don't min-max.
Particularing in a game that claims virtually any build is viable.

You completely missed the point of my post, and made entirely the wrong assumption. The point I made is that there is NO NEED to min/max precisely because between skills and items you are more than capable of walking through combat unharmed whatever your chosen class.

In point of fact min/maxing stats such as "Technical" is pointless as the extra money for the top tier skill is useless by the time you get the skill. You already have more than enough cash from selling vendor trash, and do not need to "craft" for money making purposes. Same with "Intelligence", maxing the stat means you get a skill that does nothing because hacking/breaching times at that point are already more than enough.

Any build IS viable. The game is a cakewalk, period.

Top Bottom