What was your first minor dissapointment in the game?

+
Being excited to share game experiences with other fans after playing through an awesome playthrough - and coming out of my Cyberpunk spoiler black out and re-joining the forums and twitter to find...

...well...everything you see before you.

It is a very scripted game.. i kinda saw it a mile away. You cant do anything outside the main story - main side quests... its just a very big disappointment.

Yeah, I figured options for interactions would be limited but there aren't even options lol. Even seeing her move around her apartment ala Stardew Valley would've been ideal. Depending on time of day she sleeps, sits at her computer, leans against the window, toy with that robot, work on BDs, etc. Also after "Play it Safe" she makes a comment about your involvement in the mission, which made me think she at least made a comment after every main mission but unfortunately that's not the case.

I knew something was wrong the moment I noticed character creation was nothing like they said it would be. And when it started and my characters boobs weren't even the right size anymore... that when I knew this game was a real mess.

I've been hanging around this forum for the last few days, and I feel everybody is in the same boat as me, we generally like and enjoy the game, but are disappointed in it at the same time (getting some flashbacks to my childhood with that line).
What was your first minor disappointment in the game? Nothing big, just minor things.
Mine was starting out in the bar as a Streetkid, and getting excited by seeing all the arcade machines, but I cannot play any of the many different versions, not even one. You can play arcade games in other games, but not this one.
Nonstop crashes, dipping FPS, janky visuals on the PS4 pro.

After spending about 30 hours in the game and realizing other then quests theres nothing to do, the city starts to feel like an empty set piece. Which is a shame because the city is amazing and has so much potential.

Realizing that a lot of cyberware was a little lack luster: I built body, grenades and machine guns (pretty normal and basic build right?) and found that no cyberarms really were useful for me, berserk mods were pretty lackluster and I could play the game easily without many mods at all. Felt pretty dissapointed after hitting 20 Street cred, trying out most the arms and found none added really anything to my build.

Cell phones in 2077. Afterlife is unused as a place to get jobs and instead its just text text text, call. I can't imagine a more annoying way to play a game. Let me ask you, do you like getting texts and calls all day on your phone when you are really busy, or is it annoying? Yeah, exactly.

Last edited:
My minor disappointment was how empty the city feels of NPCs and traffic.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and NPCs acting stupidly. For example I stop an assault and the NPC still sit there with their hands on the heads.

Oh and NPCs acting stupidly. For example I stop an assault and the NPC still sit there with their hands on the heads.

My first disappointment was when I saw that there is no proper introduction and character and world-building. I started as Corpo and was confused as hell about what's Arasaka and who's Jackie. I thought it would be properly explained in due time. Boom! Queue 6 months later montage. The last straw was when I had to give a whole speech about Jackie at his funeral when I knew nothing about him. It's just implied that you were best friends. I had to restart the game as Street-Kid since there you at least get to meet Jackie for the first time. The transition from Corpo to Street-Kid (you always end as Street-Kid) is so poorly done that I think the Copro life path should be removed.

My expectations were set straight the moment Regina called me for the first time. "I know where to gather my intel", "My name is El-Capitan, and your name is V", "You don't know me, but you will". I can never take this game seriously.

Last edited:
Not much in game fun activity(rollercoaster was there though), Game like gwent would be good :ROFLMAO: ..
And also after playing realised Judy is not real:cry:, cant meet her in real life

in patch 1.1, As a Street Kid, there a bug when in the bar at the very beginning. When npc talks, you only see the three dots icon and not the lines of what they're saying. Some time those lines would show when the icon is next to the border of the screen. Very bad impression from the get go as . Plus the key binding is still a disaster.
And...the Asian girl next to you the start in the bar doesn't have her lips move when you "talk" to her. You hear her lines but her lips don't move AT ALL... Very bad first impression. Clear indicators of a rushed game. And this patch 1.1...Suppose to be a big patch...Clearly lot's of work ahead...

Character Creator

I just couldn't get the damn green out my hair no matter what colour i picked

Finally finished my character, got in game an thought "ok you look nothing like what i just made"

Hoped to make a Asain, couldn't

Hoped to make a wee cuddly nutter, couldn't

Hoped to make a grizzled looking veteran, couldn't

Yeah the CC let me down if anything did, but whelp wee work with what we got an one day a western developer will make a decent one before im bug food
Yes the Character Creator is a big let down. The hair styles for men are just so bad, it's hilarious...and sad too.
And the fact that you can't recreate the Vs we saw in the demos tells a lot about the honesty of those demos...
In Patch 1.1, it is bugged. When you use the random option, you get stuck with some some color in your beard, even when you remove the beard. Had to restart the game to remove it....

Last edited:
Cell phones in 2077. Afterlife is unused as a place to get jobs and instead its just text text text, call. I can't imagine a more annoying way to play a game. Let me ask you, do you like getting texts and calls all day on your phone when you are really busy, or is it annoying? Yeah, exactly.
I will agree but also I feel certain points ypu should have those time sensitive calls / texts for jobs (not discounting contact / friend calls / texts)

Really though, my actions feel like they mean nothing.
I want regina to hate me, I want Meridith to hire me as a contractor for Militech, I want jobs from Night City Corp. I want ways to skum fixers or be allowed to hide on my own, discover plots or second guess my actions.

I want to play a game that feels like Cyberpunk and that of I mess up on a 'perfect' non-cybernetic run, that I either lose an arm or leg or get a prosthetic.

Make my triumphs meaningful and make me feel the losses.

Bring in trauma team as a 'resurection' point if you don't 'die'. I want to options that a real person with a 20 mind or cool would think of. Kill the fixer, but get jumped later on.

there is no car modification or character clothes modification(only the best item to wear). Short game play time :(

My first dissapointment was in a character creation - almost all hairstyles for female V are the same and not much of variety of hair colors. Another thing was no long hair bun as male V have and lack of make up variety...

And speaking about in game/gameplay disappointment: when i start to play game i always tend to go to roaming map first - so i was wandering through the streets in Watson - i couldnt interact with NPCs, i couldnt buy food from stand vendors, i didnt found any good looking clothes at clothing vendor with low street credit. When i finally found something good, NPCs didnt react to me. And mostly couldnt go inside almost all buildings and i couldnt explore promised verticallity of Night City.

Ohhhh and was roaming near clothing vendor in Watson (that one on the bridge) and in the end of the bridge is 18+ building, bouncer was standing in front of the door, you could "hear" whats happening there yet you couldnt enter.

And mostly i couldnt enter almost any building which whould include some kind of mini game or activity for immersion. What a shallow game. It was supposed to be THE game. Oh well.

Dont get me wrong i still kinda enjoy cyberpunk but as someone who saw all trailers, all city wires, almost all interviews - when i see all missing stuff i simply cannont enjoy the game as someone who played it without expectations.

Sorry for my grammar, my feelings are hurted and my language bad :coolstory:

1611597353868.png

PS: imma cook some hot dog myself

Started the streetkid, first scene was in front of a mirror and I was like "Yea okay, this forced first-person shit is going to be immersive."..
Then a few seconds later;
I looked down in game, looked down in real life,
and was disappointed in how you almost can't see your t-shirt or arms in the game.. Went in to the options to see if there was a way to move around the viewport to make it feel more like at the actual head, but sadly this doesn't exist. Was kind of disappointed also that I'm the only one who feels like this, I can't seem to find any outrage over this on the internet... :)

Top Bottom