Not sure if anyone has brought this up...[The Weather]

+
As I wrote in the other weather thread... ;) ... there is no actual system behind the weather though. No weather progression or anything. Each time the open world loads, a weather state is randomly chosen. Not like in the Witcher 3, where there was, say, morning fog and such. Also: NPCs don't react to the weather, at all...

Not sure what you're saying here but the weather changes during the day. I did a mission with River and it was foggy and bleak to the point I couldn't see past a few yards, yet by the end of that mission clouds began to move gently and a nice sun peaked through. By the end of that day (I didn't use the wait system) it was back to normal clear sky.
The feature seems like it's there judging by my own playthrough, but maybe it's buggy ? Anyway I wouldn't expect as many weather changes as the Witcher given it's an urban setting in a rather small dry area.

Not sure what you're saying here but the weather changes during the day. I did a mission with River and it was foggy and bleak to the point I couldn't see past a few yards, yet by the end of that mission clouds began to move gently and a nice sun peaked through. By the end of that day (I didn't use the wait system) it was back to normal clear sky.
The feature seems like it's there judging by my own playthrough, but maybe it's buggy ? Anyway I wouldn't expect as many weather changes as the Witcher given it's an urban setting in a rather small dry area.
Yea, but you probably changed zones without noticing it... also, some of the weather is scripted during missions.

There's a weather mod now which allows you to choose one of a series of overlays, from 'fog' to 'only rain', or 'pollution' or various degrees of 'overcast' which eliminate that glaring those bright sunlight day hours which don't fit with the cyberpunk mood... I am using the 'pollution' one which gives a realistic 'Bangkok' feel to many scenes...and the white fog one is excellent also...

Seen the in-game rain many a time, and yea the NPC's don't have any scripted reactions, but it's never going to be Blade Runner unless a modder makes those neon lit umbrellas....

Blade-Runner-paraguas.jpg

For me I read somewhere dying and auto-reloading the last checkpoint kinda locked the weather but doing a manual safe and reloading for the main menu would fix it till the next death seems to help other bugs minor bugs that start to add up over time. I try to avoid quicksaveing and always do a manual save and reload after every death. I maybe crazy but I have a save with only a few blue radiant quests left over all others complete except meeting with hanako no quest breaking bugs.

Last edited:
I actually installed a mod that replaces the pure clear weather with rain(even at night) which not only contributes to the dystopian atmosphere, but creates opportunities for some pretty surreal screenshots with environments that would otherwise not exist, such as:

photomode_13012021_010932.png

I saw acid rain early in the game. Here I was trying to recreate the 48-minute gameplay demo haha. These are pictures from my steam library.
1616042813864.png
1616042872198.png

As I wrote in the other weather thread... ;) ... there is no actual system behind the weather though. No weather progression or anything. Each time the open world loads, a weather state is randomly chosen. Not like in the Witcher 3, where there was, say, morning fog and such. Also: NPCs don't react to the weather, at all...
I'm pretty sure I've seen NPCs with umbrellas while it was raining though

EDIT: proof
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kshcia

There's a mod called Climate Change on the mod Nexus that changes your base weather. I put smog since pollution makes a lot of sense in 2077

Top Bottom