will cdpr do a NMS with cp77?

+
Okay yeah i give you that. But I can't worry about a CP2078 because that would still be far away even if the Launch of this game wasn't such a clusterf***. And you can still make Sequels without using cliffhangers in the prequel, I honestly prefer that over teasing something and then never delivering on it due to various reason. I am definitely underwhelmed by the 1.1 patch and wait for 1.2 knowing that 1.1 was not really supposed to adress a lot of Gameplay issues.

The only thing I will do is wait what will happen. In the meantime there are other great games out there to spent my free time with. I am not unhappy with my purchase tho, there come other games to mind which I consider more a waste of my money than this one. (Yes I am actually aware of all the issues and i will not deny them even if i sound like some fanboy but I prefer my glass half full)

Sadly, I don't play the game no more, to see how underwhelming it was. But as I was saying, if the performance improvement bit actually worked, it's a huge step forward. 'Cause they can't introduce more systems otherwise, I think. Not to mention, that means they're also closer to cleaning face with the PS4 players.

If there's a chance for them to work towards making the marketing promises realities (not the blatant lies they proved to be at launch), I'd watch for that in late spring, maybe sometime in the summer. Not early. Up till then, it's gonna be PS4/last gen consoles care and fixing a quest here and there for everyone. Hopefully, improving playability on the consoles will keep upping the PC performance too.

They've lost 40% of their share price, put 320 mio. in development (and marketing). And every profit they make will still be under that what was expected, because the price of the game dropped fast and they did make less "console-money".
I would be in a financial crisis mode. No need to make more than necessary, but a big need to hurry to multiplayer.

I think the ”No Man’s Sky” approach could work, if it meant that they keep building their sequels and further expansions (that improve and expand the map and gameplay) on top of what they already have built in CP77.

Otherwise supporting a single game - that isn’t really even built to last that long - for years to come, seems kinda pointless and counterproductive.

I think, if they expect people to pay for future DLCs, then they have to try start rolling out patches that don't add new bugs and don't claim in patch notes that bugs are fixed when they are not.

I think, if they expect people to pay for future DLCs, then they have to try start rolling out patches that don't add new bugs and don't claim in patch notes that bugs are fixed when they are not.
If they manage to get this game RUNNING SMOOTHLY and at least add some of the cut-content SURE. Otherwise, NAH

In a word, no. I posted my views on the Steam forums and compared this game to the single player experience in RDR2 and CPDR's behaviour since launch and it doesn't bode well for the future of this game.

Everything to date shows CPDR following Bethesda's approach to producing games rather than Hello Games, who managed to redeem themselves in spectacular fashion after being exposed for lying through their teeth pre launch, but that took years. CPDR have already sold out their fans to protect shareholders and their announcements to date do not include any undertaking to deliver the experience originally promised. In fact, the cheering from the community when it was announced mod tools will be coming before the game is finished is nonsensical and screams Bethesda. Once the game is open to modders, what happens to any hope of a decent multiplayer experience? This points to the behaviour of Rockstar Games' GTAV and RDR Online, where modders have trashed multiplayer by enabling the hacker community to destroy the experience for the entire PC player base.

After the latest patch destroyed my frame rates on PC I'm seriously considering freeing up the drive space taken by Cyberpunk 2077 and moving on. I've already reinstalled Witcher 3 and I'm getting nostalgic about the developer CPDR used to be.

No more bloody pre-orders, ever! If a developer held in such high regard by their fans can pull this shit, what hope do we have going forward if we continue to support such practices?

Last edited:
you can't do that to a single player game........

I'd say you definitely can, unless you're suffering from a bloated ego. I think most of the 10kk players wouldn't mind changes to how the story unfolds, or to the lives of the characters caught up in it. Marcin, on the other hand - for some really obscure reason - sees the PC version of CP2077 as a 9 out of 10, if not damn straight 10/10. With that mindset... well, there's not much will to do it in the penthouses of CDPR, so there's no way it can happen.

Problem is, if that's gonna be the case, no amount of PR stunts will bring back the hype for any new game they'll release and no amount of half-baked apologies will lift the morale of the CDPR fans.

I for one am done. CP2077 was the first game I ever preordered. I was upset with CDPR cutting Iorveth out of TW3, but aside from that, their reputation was flawless in my eyes. Bugs were something I was prepared for, glitchy mechanics too (kinda like their trademark in a way). But the state they delivered (early access? maybe alpha even?) was a whole 'nother can of worms. And Marcin's laughable apology kinda closed the case for me. If it's gonna be up to him alone, CP2077 will remain an even barren world than Division 2 takes place in, no matter how many zombies walk around or drive on NC's streets.

We have see something in similar state between NMS and CP2077, advertising the game to the highest, then fail to deliver. The differences are NMS developer is an indie studio, NMS's one guy went on places to places lying instead of putting more effort on the game, likely fame has gone over his head. Same thing can be said to CDPR, spent more money advertising than developing the game.
NMS is something that looks like made out roughly around 3 months period(something like the 48mins CP gameplay demo), then priced it at $60, one of the biggest scam in the history, their reputation has been wipe clean, the developer really do care about the game, that one guy already sold his apartment to make this game, there isn't anyway back. Ultimately they need redeem themselves by continue develop the game with the money that they scammed.
I don't think Cp2077 is in the same state as NMS. Majority players actually do enjoy the game. Whoever has played the game can tell the game world is massive feat and a complete playable gameplay story. I don't think they will pour more money to just satisfy the minority as they already spent more than 300 millions on development. The upcoming Multiplayer is a big reason why they will not implement the missing features because less feature there is, easier the multiplayer to be implemented.

They should release the dev-kit and call it a day. the community will make the game great in no time since they are more money driven since they entered stock market. being happy about the pc version is a joke.

Not likely. The last thing SP games need is for poor launches with drawn out revisions and "live service" content to become an irreversible norm.

The upcoming Multiplayer is a big reason why they will not implement the missing features because less feature there is, easier the multiplayer to be implemented.

I'd argue that the multiplayer aspect is one of the big reasons they need to pull an NMS.

You seem unaware of the fact the multiplayer will be sold as a stand alone. It's a separate game so to say. Features in the base game do not have to make it into the multiplayer game at all. Not to mention there are plenty of features already in the game that wouldn't work in multi-player.

Yet, regardless of that, if they can't fix the base game in a decent amount of time they'll be proving they don't have the chops for a multiplayer game. A multiplayer game requires a well oiled content/patch pipeline. Right now, it doesn't seem like CDPR has that at all. Their patches are lacking and, so far, have broken as many things as they've fixed and are few and far between. You can't do that in a multiplayer game.

Unless they do pull an NMS, I doubt the multiplayer is going to sell very well.

You seem unaware of the fact the multiplayer will be sold as a stand alone. It's a separate game so to say. Features in the base game do not have to make it into the multiplayer game at all. Not to mention there are plenty of features already in the game that wouldn't work in multi-player.
I didn't know they are going release multiplayer separately and it's weird for me to think like that because the current game features are just as bland as a multiplayer game especially Battle Royale type. If they really making multiplayer a separate game, I bet it will be far more content being cut consider the base game world is so complex to be fixed.

About those bugs, they are saying laying the ground work for future fixes, there are rumors that a lot of bad codes that aren't traceable, just my assumption, they are removing rushed coded fixes which occur during the crunch before rolling the game out, these made some part of the game broken. To see the bright side, well they do fixed some aspect of the game like instant police spawn, I haven't played enough to do a good judgement, there might be more to it. Still I hold little hope that they will pull another NMS simply because their top management seems to think the game is good enough on pc.

Without the tools it will be very difficult for the modders.

True. But if CDPR neither fixes the game features, nor releases the mod tools, then they are signing their own death warrant as a company. Nobody will trust them or buy their shit henceforth.

It would be a valid approach to say "hey, we made the game we wanted but it clearly wasn't what you wanted, so here's the tools to make it what you wanted. Sorry, but we don't have the time & resources to do that for you."

It would NOT be valid to say "we made a game that wasn't what you wanted or expected, and we're not going to fix it and keep it locked down so you can't fix it either." The backlash from that would be epic and never-ending.
Post automatically merged:

CP77 is already 100x better then NMS.... no comparison, its apples and oranges.

I agree, I played NMS for about three hours and quit when it released, I have way over 100h in CP2077.

But while it's 100x better than NMS, it's 90x worse than what we expected and were promised.

I really doubt they are willing to put in the additional manpower to recode all the broken parts of their game.

The open world AI for cops, traffic, npcs, trauma team and so on....is way worse than that in GTA IV, a game from 2008. Which also had far superior vehicle and world physics and better immersion, like clothes stores where you picked your new outfit from the things on display, including a preview.

Compare that to Night City. I recently walked into the most post fashion store in the inner district, only to find the same selection of garbage, that a random street vendor offered.

One would expect this store to have some really expensive, neo-kitsch selection.....well.....nope.....
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.08 - 01.03.12.37.jpg

I didn't know they are going release multiplayer separately and it's weird for me to think like that because the current game features are just as bland as a multiplayer game especially Battle Royale type. If they really making multiplayer a separate game, I bet it will be far more content being cut consider the base game world is so complex to be fixed.

About those bugs, they are saying laying the ground work for future fixes, there are rumors that a lot of bad codes that aren't traceable, just my assumption, they are removing rushed coded fixes which occur during the crunch before rolling the game out, these made some part of the game broken. To see the bright side, well they do fixed some aspect of the game like instant police spawn, I haven't played enough to do a good judgement, there might be more to it. Still I hold little hope that they will pull another NMS simply because their top management seems to think the game is good enough on pc.

Well, with the release of CP2077 being what it is they've already pushed back the multiplayer to the end of 2022 and possibly 2023. That gives them plenty of time to get it working. Of course they'll be reusing a lot of assets from the base game which should help them tremendously.

Yet, that's not what is important to my argument. For a multiplayer game to be successful, you need a constant and efficient pipeline producing content and patches.

Right now, they don't seem to have that. Patch 1.1 was underwhelming. It probably was only laying the groundwork for much bigger patches, hopefully anyway, but right now the game is still in that same unfinished state. Patch 1.2 is probably not coming until the end of February either and we have no idea what will be addressed in it. What if it's just another iterative patch meant to lay the groundwork for 1.3?

The only way they could do this is if their multiplayer is some bland deathmatch/battle royale type game. I doubt they'd sell that, we have enough of those that are way more successful and worked right out the gate.

I don't think that's what they're aiming for though. I think they're aiming for mostly players vs. A.I. content. Right now the A.I. has been non-existent for 2 months already. You can't do that in a multiplayer game, you'll lose your entire player base. You need to be able to fix and respond to problem quickly and efficiently. Right now, it doesn't look like CDPR is able to do either. Arguably such a game should never release without a working A.I. but that's not the point here.

They've got 2-3 years to prove they can do it but if all they do is fix bugs/performance issues, release a few DLCs the like of what they did with TW3 and then 2 expansions, I personally won't have much faith in their ability to release and maintain a multiplayer game.

One can only hope that they are as dedicated to the IP as hello games is to theirs.

Because I personally see little future in CP, if simply the bugs are fixed. And besides that I also think that this is more about CDPR than only CP. Where people might remember the terrible release of No man sky and had they simply chosen to just patch it up and be done with it, no one would have bought anything from them again, because the trust would have been gone. However seeing how they have kept working on the game and improved it, I think people are much more willing to support whatever next product or major expansion they are going to sell.

To me CDPR faces a lot of the same issues now, it is not a company that throws out a lot of titles and can afford them to not really do well, not only in regards to how much they sell, but more in regards to them making games for a very specific group of people/fans. Whereas someone like EA can release Star Wars games and even if they do bad, they still have all their sport games, which appeal to another group of people.

Even if further development of CP is costly and time consuming, as stated in the video as well, if an indie studio can do it, surely an AAA can as well. But CDPR need CP to shine, because I think a lot of people will lose interest in any further releases within this IP, if it's simply more of the same.

I personally wouldn't be particular interested in buying further expansions, if they simply do what is currently in CP. I was never especially hyped on another GTA game, I believe the combat system is broken and wouldn't enjoy playing with that in an expansion. I also think the crafting system is broken and I don't feel that choices really matters and the list goes on.
Im not interested in a multiplayer version, doesn't matter if it is a Co-op experience of the current game or a straight up shooter, that however have nothing to do with the current release of CP, as I was never interested in it.

What would make me want to buy more CP, is if the missing features were added. And they really make the open world come to life, where I can play the RPG game that they made me hope for.

And personally for me, might not be a huge issues for others, but if CP is simply patched and they move on, then I will have very little to no confident and trust in any future projects from CDPR, purely because I don't see how they could earn it, by screwing me over and just pretend like they didn't.
As I see, Night City is the main character of the game, and it's awesomely beautiful, but unfortunately it's brain dead right now. I hope CDPR resurrect the city to its original vision, the way it was advertised.

True. But if CDPR neither fixes the game features, nor releases the mod tools, then they are signing their own death warrant as a company. Nobody will trust them or buy their shit henceforth.

How? When does anything a developer, or publisher, does to it's customers or fanbase backfire meaningfully? People get mad, maybe ResetEra searches for no-no words anyone has said, and a gaggle of journalists lampoon them - often while having relished the release with praise before the public has laid hands on it. Years go by, reveal, hype, pre-order and repeat.

The alleged largest digital video game release, some 13M+ copies sold overall, Steam averaging 80k remaining players a day at the moment, with roughly only 25% having finished the game(Steam), where the most popular mod has less than 300k unique downloads. People already have their impressions of the game, so whatever damage was done is likely the max possible, outside of legal troubles the company faces. They could literally mail a dog turd to every remaining PC player, and it would have virtually no impact on future sales.

Last edited:
It is the last game from CDPR for me.
The PC version is in a better technical state, but they still lied about 90% of the game.
The arrogance which they tell the PC version is as expected is far beyond over the top.
Even if investors won't sue their asses off, the trust in this DEV is gone.

I also enjoyed the main story in terms of imersive gameplay, but there are that many destroyed possibilities and potential that I won't buy releases of them anymore.
Many other devs tried their best to make a game worth it's marketing promises and these arrogant ppl from CDPR stay there to announce the PC version is what they had in mind.

Sorry, this is not acceptable

THIS.

They still lied about 90% of the game.
The arrogance which they tell the PC version is as expected is far beyond over the top.

I would clarify: "We are proud of the PC version".

As a gamer, a customer, I am really offended.
There are HUNDREDS of games out there (especially INDIE GAMES with no power, no money and fame) where people worked their ass and shipped the best version possible and took time to produce it. This is just a scam and a sort of fraud for everyone just for money.
I understand the class actions.
This is not acceptable in 2020.
I repeat, the game is a joke and offensive for our intelligence as gamers and customers.
Let's move on.

Last edited:
Well, with the release of CP2077 being what it is they've already pushed back the multiplayer to the end of 2022 and possibly 2023. That gives them plenty of time to get it working. Of course they'll be reusing a lot of assets from the base game which should help them tremendously.

Yet, that's not what is important to my argument. For a multiplayer game to be successful, you need a constant and efficient pipeline producing content and patches.

Right now, they don't seem to have that. Patch 1.1 was underwhelming. It probably was only laying the groundwork for much bigger patches, hopefully anyway, but right now the game is still in that same unfinished state. Patch 1.2 is probably not coming until the end of February either and we have no idea what will be addressed in it. What if it's just another iterative patch meant to lay the groundwork for 1.3?

The only way they could do this is if their multiplayer is some bland deathmatch/battle royale type game. I doubt they'd sell that, we have enough of those that are way more successful and worked right out the gate.

I don't think that's what they're aiming for though. I think they're aiming for mostly players vs. A.I. content. Right now the A.I. has been non-existent for 2 months already. You can't do that in a multiplayer game, you'll lose your entire player base. You need to be able to fix and respond to problem quickly and efficiently. Right now, it doesn't look like CDPR is able to do either. Arguably such a game should never release without a working A.I. but that's not the point here.

They've got 2-3 years to prove they can do it but if all they do is fix bugs/performance issues, release a few DLCs the like of what they did with TW3 and then 2 expansions, I personally won't have much faith in their ability to release and maintain a multiplayer game.
My bad, sometime I went out of point, but yeah I do agree of what you said. The game right now really need a lot of time to iron out before adding any extra contents like missing features or DLC. Looking at the changes from patch 1.1, it's baffling to think they can that they can fix majority of the issues on patch 1.2, the world is so complex, considering they have multiple platforms to work on, and under staffed. Perhaps another unrealistic deadlines, I doubt the performance will be stable after two patches and maintaining some quality during launch at the same time.

What I see they are going for multiplayer are GTA online or Battle Royale. For GTA online is because they can add something like heist mission, multiple property, etc. For Battle Royale is because those loot crate and weapon tier system that already exist in the game. Not sure how is your vision of player vs enemy is going to be, for me it sounds like a coop gameplay which can be done in the base game. They won't possible make another standalone just to have PvE, I don't see a reason to do so because there many games now are able to do that in the base game. How are they going to improve the AI, I cannot really tell because haven't played 1.1 enough yet, but I think they have to fix/add the AI feature else the GTA vs CP2077 video will leave a forever dent. Possible some stuffs on 1.2? I don't want to hold any hope for now.

Back to topic, are they going to pull another NMS, answer is no, too much money involves and too big a rock to move.

Top Bottom