Gangs turning into goody bags?

+
Anybody notice sometimes when you kill a enemy they turn into a bag? Wtf is that about? A place holder?

Guest 4412420

I think it's the usual video game mechanic where enemies turn into coin pouches when their bodies despawn or are destroyed by the damage dealt by the player so you could still get loot off them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen it several times...just took for granted its yet another bug

It may be a bug that is is showing up in game ( I just noticed it after the patch). However this looks suspiciously like "multi player" mechanics I have seen in other games.

Either a bug or the usual video game mechanic where enemies turn into coin pouches when their bodies despawn/are destroyed by the damage dealt by the player so you could loot them.
If this is the case... man that’s so lame.

Cyberpunk 16- bit
Quick load up streets of rage!

So this was from before the patch, where if an enemy had to despawn due to restrictions to keep up video quality, it would leave a bag. It generally only happened to me during the very large battles where I would kill a large number of enemies at the same time.

It appears that after the patch, the despawn rate was increased, so it's becoming more noticeable.

It's probably a backup item drop. Because it only happens when a NPC vanishes.

Obviously this.

If the game free resources by removing a ragdoll they'll leave this bag for the loot. There are more uses for this but I don't know if it's present in this game, for example, leaving the loot at the point of elimination if the corpse is made unaccessible somehow.

They only appear after you dump a knocked out npc into a bin without looting them, or after you kill a npc that disappear, and they left you a doggy bag.
I notice that lots of times.

A small suggestion to the developers, if you destroy or eliminate a body its objects must disappear too, it is natural ... those gift bags are annoying, ridiculous and unrealistic
The community of players are determined to make this game masterful by giving ideas to the development team, please listen!!
Post automatically merged:

Can't say I've run into this... (PC)... It's kind of funny but I can understand the frustration.

I don't think they will ever get rid of the bugs to start completing the game.
There are more than 200 problems and the big patch only solves 13 and 10 more appear.

One time I saw them turn into the bag right before my eyes after I shot them dead.
I never put the NPC in the "hide the body" bins, I just try to drag them to dark corners when I can.

performance optimization.

a goodie bag takes up less then 1% of the system resource as a corpse. so you want immersion or framerate? you see sooooo much griping about how the game performs, then when they do stuff to optimize the frame rate, people gripe about that too :D

personally i'd rather ALL items turn into goodie bags so they dont run into the geometry collision issue of falling into the ground and you cant loot that purple gun sometimes. anyone ever try to loot that purple gun that fell in a bush in the badlands? you know, that purple gun that you really needed to upgrade your current 7 level old gun?

Top Bottom