Why cant you keep your girlfriend and stay in the city?

+
Both of Panam and Judy are not belong to the NC.

Yep, I didn't miss that. I just feel that this motivation for Judy was added so that a female V has an LI in the nomad ending just like male V does.

Just like Panam asks us to leave the city mid-quest, Judy could also say where she would like to go when she becomes our LI. And then the ending could be shaped accordingly.

I mean, in case V survives the heist, how about making plans to go, let's say, to Tokyo? Or maybe V could tell Judy that there are some nomads whom she could join, I mean early, not just Judy appearing there in the ending :shrug:

She wants to leave Night City but never expressed a desire to turn to a Nomad lifestyle.

This is what I meant.

Last edited:
Yep, I didn't miss that. I just feel that this motivation for Judy was added so that a female V has an LI in the nomad ending just like male V does.

Just like Panam asks us to leave the city mid-quest, Judy could also say where she would like to go when she becomes our LI. And then the ending could be shaped accordingly.

I mean, in case V survives the heist, how about making plans to go, let's say, to Tokyo? Or maybe V could tell Judy that there are some nomads whom she could join, I mean early, not just Judy appearing there in the ending :shrug:

This is what I meant.
Urrr... Sorry but English is not my mother language, I don't know what's LI short for
But ask V leave... that's would not happened.
Panam ask V to leave because she is the girl who would ask, she is much more active than Judy, she will fight for what she want.
In the other hand, Judy is passive, she will accept the life style V chose and leave in respect.
And, If "in case V survives the heist" point the heist at space of sun-ending.
V won't leave NC even if she survive.
At sun-ending, V make her choice, to become the King of NC, the legend of Afterlife, what a street kid dream of.
V at that way, chose to born like NC people, live like NC people, and finally die like NC people.
She face her fate straightly and fight until her last breath.
She don't care how much she can change, but only bite the fxcking CP-world and force it to remember her.
That's what legend means, an eternal scar that everyone know she was exsist.
In some way, V become the truly follower of Johnny, a fan who don't remember his song, but know his spirit, the soul of punk.

I know it was a design/story choice but why is it you cant keep your girlfriend and stay in Night City? I kinda makes sense for Panam but Judy seemd to have something to stay for

You can't cause the writing is just as clonky as the many technical bugs. And because someone on the writing team really wanted to be a grimdark edgelord.

Panam ask V to leave because she is the girl who would ask, she is much more active than Judy, she will fight for what she want.
V at that way, chose to born like NC people, live like NC people, and finally die like NC people.

Yes, but this is a post-factum explanation of what happened in the story. It makes sense, but I think people are complaining about smth else.

When V is on the roof, V has to call her love interest (only 1, why not 2?), and decide with whom to group up in the final ending.

We know that this affects how the chip is removed - just that. We don't know that this affects if V stays or leaves the city, or what happens to V's love life. Ideally, it shouldn't :shrug: But we're not allowed to make any other life choices after the rooftop call, except for the contract or the cyberspace one.
Post automatically merged:

Judy going with V and the Aldecaldos doesn't seem forced. When you romance Judy and she asks you what last night meant, she literally says "ruined my plans, you know. Wanted to leave NC, even started packing."

Doesn't that sound like she's just changed her mind and is going to stick with V no matter what? :shrug: E.g., leave if V leaves (Nomad ending), and not leave if V doesn't leave?

Last edited:
have also to share a thought about panam leaving plothole

devil: weather in badlands ... what badlands? near nc?

star: i don't want to return, but we're in corpos hunting list so we have to

sun after roof call: weather in badlands + pills on map ... what badlands? arizona? why? no corpos hunting
panam: "i'm here for you, ready to attack arasaka with you, but crystal palace? no, thanks"

sun without roof call: weather in badlands + no pills ... what badlands? nc ones? arizona?

sun after roof call: weather in badlands + pills on map ... what badlands? arizona? why? no corpos hunting
panam: "i'm here for you, ready to attack arasaka with you, but crystal palace? no, thanks"

Yes :) With the Aldecaldos ending open, I chose Arasaka and called Panam from the space station. She said "You don't like it there? Well, get out then. I gotta go, bye!"

So, the endings are mutually exclusive then -- in one Panam will die for you and risk the clan's lives for you, in the other one, she doesn't give a shit.
That's not what I expected :shrug: I expected that her reaction would be based on my completing or not completing her questline and getting her everything she wanted, not one line in the rooftop dialogue that has nothing to do with her.

I know it was a design/story choice but why is it you cant keep your girlfriend and stay in Night City? I kinda makes sense for Panam but Judy seemd to have something to stay for

I would have hoped that choices made during your relationship would lead to your significant other staying or going whatever ending you picked. Or at the very least having a chance to convince them to stay (or go if you romanced the guys)

I suppose its just another choice taken away from us in the RPG. Dont get me wrong I still love the game but after 300 hours I am really startign to see the shortcomings
Judy didn't have anything to stay for.
There's no way the Clouds situation ends favorably (either with it failing miserably or Maiko taking control and ensuring nothing really changes) and she still struggles with the death of Evelyn, not to mention her hometown is literally buried underwater.
It's explicitly made clear by her that leaving actually had a net positive effect on her. It personally wouldn't make sense for her - especially from a healthy emotional and psychological perspective - to remain, especially not for the sake of a single person she hasn't known anywhere near as long as she has the others. That makes her feel real and organic as a character, with her own motivations and ambitions that don't revolve around the player.

Yes, but this is a post-factum explanation of what happened in the story. It makes sense, but I think people are complaining about smth else.

When V is on the roof, V has to call her love interest (only 1, why not 2?), and decide with whom to group up in the final ending.

We know that this affects how the chip is removed - just that. We don't know that this affects if V stays or leaves the city, or what happens to V's love life. Ideally, it shouldn't :shrug: But we're not allowed to make any other life choices after the rooftop call, except for the contract or the cyberspace one.

Doesn't that sound like she's just changed her mind and is going to stick with V no matter what? :shrug: E.g., leave if V leaves (Nomad ending), and not leave if V doesn't leave?
You can only call 1 lover because CDPR support monogamy, the call means you chose your life partner.
And, it's not only affect how the chip is removed, but also the life style V chose, it shows what V do at the most emergent situation.
The love life, is changed by the life style. V join the nomad and leave NC at first, then he spent his life with Judy/Panam.
In the other hand, V stay at NC first, he can spent his life with Kerry, who fit the life of "King of NC".

It's explicitly made clear by her that leaving actually had a net positive effect on her. It personally wouldn't make sense for her - especially from a healthy emotional and psychological perspective - to remain, especially not for the sake of a single person she hasn't known anywhere near as long as she has the others. That makes her feel real and organic as a character, with her own motivations and ambitions that don't revolve around the player.

So, let's go with this perspective. Everything you posted here comes off as a completely reasonable way to look at it. I still thought they could have handled these ending scenarios better. Some type of discussion with the romanced character and V. A back and forth between them. Instead it was your romance choice saying something, V responding and the game deciding what happens.

In the case of Judy, even if she felt this way she could have made an attempt to sway the decision of V. Making no attempt is not a sign of respect. It's giving up. Even if Judy didn't, V could have been presented with the option to sway Judy or reconsider the whole Cyberpunk in space deal. No matter the character or their views on the matter I didn't expect it to be so definitive.

I realize this is an epilogue and a love interest or romance in a video game. Nonetheless, it threw me for a loop. In a RPG touting choices and consequences. Choices and consequences in this specific ending would be giving V the choice to stick with the merc life, chase fame and glory and take a ride to space or throw it all away and run for the hills with Judy.

Yeah exactly this. It's just atrocious game mechanics for a game that's supposed to involve choice. Akin to linking the choice of whether to Ciri becomes emperor to whether you can have a successful romance epilogue with Triss/Yen.

You can only call 1 lover because CDPR support monogamy, the call means you chose your life partner.
And, it's not only affect how the chip is removed, but also the life style V chose, it shows what V do at the most emergent situation.
The love life, is changed by the life style. V join the nomad and leave NC at first, then he spent his life with Judy/Panam.
In the other hand, V stay at NC first, he can spent his life with Kerry, who fit the life of "King of NC".

CDPR indeed support monogamy in a weird way LOL. In Witcher 3, Player/Geralt got punished hard for loving/romanced both Yen & Triss. The Epilogue ending for romance both will result in none & Geralt will keep being a nomad (until B&W expansion came out). It's also a bit weird since the love triangle also rather complicated in the books & I am pretty sure Yen & Triss will keep loving Geralt regardless. This is even weirder when Geralt can still go for a fling to some side characters & receive no backlashes from chosen life partner, including the prostitutes in the brothels LOL

Or maybe this is just a western RPG thing as I have not yet found AAA western games with polygamy, where Japanese games likely to have that kind of harem/polygamy path.

Still think the Straight male Panam/Nomad ending is the best outcome.

Live life free, with your Love and new Family.
Even if your Dead in 6 months, itd be an exciting 6 months.

Am I the only one that feels that many of the lovely subtleties of the story are under appreciated? First playthrough I was physically shaking when I was up on the roof deciding what to do. I guess y'all must be so much wiser than I am.

edit: Also watching what you say and to who is very important in this game. There's always a clue if you pay attention.

This aspect can play out in a really sour way if you try Arasaka ending.
So had romanced Judy beforehand. Went through the really depressive Arasaka orbital hospital part, where your character is barely functioning human after they cut the chip out from you. There is the one brighter spot when you can call people close to you, Judy is still waiting you to return, finally something hopeful, gotta get back to Earth. Eventually Takemura comes and presents you the options, so you show middle finger to Mikoshi and choose to return to Earth. You get actually somewhat hopeful ending cinematic. Credits roll. And then comes Judy's text message about how she has decided to leave, ending with "Have a nice life, V". Now that was a brutal final conclusion.

Last edited:

Guest 4531988

Urrr... Sorry but English is not my mother language, I don't know what's LI short for
But ask V leave... that's would not happened.
In the other hand, Judy is passive, she will accept the life style V chose and leave in respect.
And, If "in case V survives the heist" point the heist at space of sun-ending.
V won't leave NC even if she survive.
At sun-ending, V make her choice, to become the King of NC, the legend of Afterlife, what a street kid dream of.
She face her fate straightly and fight until her last breath.
She don't care how much she can change, but only bite the fxcking CP-world and force it to remember her.
That's what legend means, an eternal scar that everyone know she was exsist.
In some way, V become the truly follower of Johnny, a fan who don't remember his song, but know his spirit, the soul of punk.

Love Interest (not Reciprocated typically)

Forgive me for dusting off a couple month old thread here, but i felt i should comment about Judy and the Aldecaldos. It's probably because i'm playing as a male V, but Judy has sent various text about how she's travelling after leaving the city, effectively turning herself into a nomad. It's safe to assume she'd make a similar, if not the same journey once leaving on her own, so, isn't it good that in the female V's version that she goes with V? Not only does she get to stay with the person she loves, but will have people that come to see her as family, because V is family.

Because this city took everything from them and they no longer have any attachment to NC. Unlike Kerry and River, who have their lives and families there.

I can even understand why Judy or Panam are leaving us in the Sun ending:

We may have only 6 months to live but we prefer to waste them for a robbery led by a shady guy (hi MBE).

And in that end, one becomes literally rich and powerful. So V no longer needs us to hold his hand, especially if it's to force them to stay, under the pretext that we have "last thing to do".

Top Bottom