Corpo lifepath = solid story about freedom & family [SPOILERS]

+
Agreed. Her name is Cherami Leigh, and to be honest she makes the game. One of the reasons why I want V's story to continue, instead of other DLC options like playing a new character (Immortals Fenix Rising is doing this with two out of their three DLCs), is because this game just wouldn't be the same without Leigh's voice acting. I don't think I've ever experienced a voice actor this good in a video game.

Have you played Control? I personally LOVED Courtney Hope's voice acting :giggle:

I've tried all 3 life paths and Corpo is my favorite for several reasons.
1. It's a true "Hero's Journey" Big shot Corpo with the money, the fancy implants, the suits, the apartment, the trauma team privileges and loses it all including her life to then rise from the ashes of her former self and become a legend.
2. Jackie doesn't come off as such armature hour during the opening sequence.
3. Jackie and V already know each other and judging by their conversation at Lizzie's, know each other very well which really adds to V's loss when the heist goes awry.
4. The idea of ex-Corpo turned Merc after being betrayed by Corps who has a thirst for sticking it to the Corps appeals to me.
5. During the first act I found the Corpo had more opportunity for dialog options compared to the other. (Dex, Evelyn, Meredith, the bar tender at Kompeki)

Last edited:

Attachments

• photomode_18122020_214444.png
    photomode_18122020_214444.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
I found that Nomad made the most sense for meeting Jackie and then being new to Night City. You and Jackie sell the Iguana and get some cash, go party and start a life of crime together.

Corpo knowing Jackie from before and Jackie caring about a Corpo never made a lot of sense. Why wouldn't Jackie just take the Corpo's money and leave them at the bar? The need some extra back story here as to why you know each other and why you care.

Street Kid has the issue with you growing up in Heywood and hang out at the Coyote but don't know each other.

The Corpo conflict with Johnny is good though.

Voice acting wise I can hear female V as a Corpo but I don't hear her as a Nomad or Strret Kid where I do hear the Male V as either of those.

Honestly, Corpo path doesn't even make any sense.

As a Nomad, there is a clear introduction to your character and how you meet Jackie.
As a Street kid, you belong to streets of NC and we get to see how you meet Jackie.
As a Corpo, V is already friends with a lowly thug as Jackie? How? Why? Arasaka counterintelligence best buds with a nobody thug? Anywho, the intro is as simple as V meeting with a higher up and that's about it. Next thing you know V is a street kid? It's non-sense.

You are already an engram in that ending, the original V got brain wiped when entering Mikoshi.

Does anyone really believe the process is perfect? Why? Cause Arasaka said so? Or cause AI Alt, who oh-so-conveniently made a calculation mistake, tells you so?

Soulkiller changes everything...whatever came out of Mikoshi is not the V we started the game as.

You are already an engram in that ending, the original V got brain wiped when entering Mikoshi.

Does anyone really believe the process is perfect? Why? Cause Arasaka said so? Or cause AI Alt, who oh-so-conveniently made a calculation mistake, tells you so?

Soulkiller changes everything...whatever came out of Mikoshi is not the V we started the game as.

Yeah, I was just thinking about this yesterday and I saw a post about it earlier today.

Soulkiller and becoming an engram basically means the person is dead. Only thing left behind is a "copy" of this person's memories which is later combined with an AI that emulates being the dead person. Entire thing is fucked up if you think about it, because it means V's friends and lover are pretty much "happy" with him being replaced by an AI occupying his body.

OPTIONAL: when V has her meeting with Dex, I recommend being non-committal when he presents his two stark choices. I chose the "the city decides for you" option. This doesn't matter in terms of gameplay, but it makes more sense in terms of using the game to basically roleplay a story for yourself. The key here is that V should be starting to realize that material things and even fame are not necessarily the path to happiness. In other words, we're starting to go down a path opposite from the one ending in the "one final score in space" merc ending.

Late reply, I know but I also liked the story arch of the corpo. It would be interesting to see what kind of choices you actually made in your playthrough, though. In my playthrough all that V wants is revenge. It's almost like he wants to prove to Arasaka that they made a mistake by fireing him before. You can make that clear in the dialogue with Dex right before the heist. In that private room I told Dex that I am not doing the job just for the eddies but to kick Arasaka's ass for backstepping me before. V wants to be the best in NC (so that's what I told Dex in the car) to show Arasaka what he is truly made of, so even though he is no corpo anymore he is still haunted by this past (even if he does not realize it yet). Also, I did play along with Meredith and even took her offer at the No Tell Motel which also shows that V is still kind of holding on to the corpos (and acts like one) since he does not have any other perspective yet. As the story progresses though I kept choosing answers and actions that are moving away from the corpo because V (and I am playing as male V) has fallen in love with Panam and is now able to fully leave this nasty person that he used to be behind. In Mikoshi, V finally gets his revenge that he wanted all along but not anymore for his own sake but for the things that Arasaka did (and is still doing) to Jacky, Johnny, the Nomads and all the other people beneath them. And for his relationship with Panam, V is finally giving up the idea that the ultimate goal is becoming the number one in NC 'cause all he wants now is her (and his new family) to start a new life. I really liked the fact though that in the Star Endling with Panam V becomes a legend, even though this was not his priority anymore in the late game.

I would have loved some more dialogue with Panam about V's life as a corpo. I mean she must have been shocked finding out that he used to work for Arasaka and therefore has been exactely the kind of person she used to hate. Them falling in love however, should have made her interested in his background even more and the changes that he has gone through. Furthermore, I thought that I could use my corporate knowledge in the final battle a litte more - I mean V would know a lot about the security at the Araska tower and stuff like that. [For example, V is able to use his corpo background in the mission with Takemura which I liked a lot.] Well, hopefully they will add some of it via DLC's.

I played all 3 starting paths, and Corpo is my favorite. Not liking the Street kid , way to 'boring', while Corpo and Nomad, to a lesser degree, had contrast to the Street Merc Valerie becomes. I like it when Valerie surprises Corpo people who think she is some peasant off the street, only to call out the corpo bs, or know the corpo procedures, because it was her world. Or Valerie gives advice to her friends on Corporation corruption, and backstabbing, again it was her world at one time.
With the freedom of the nomad ending, giving V her new supportive family, the Avocadoes ( I just could not resist =P), lead by her very closest friend Panam. Sad that River would not join Valerie, but the way I make my Val, she would have him replaced in no time at all. I do not see Judy as a stable partner, she will subconsciously sabotage any relationship in a short time, as she has done with others, and it will include with either Valerie or Vincent (if it would happen)

I did the Corpo path but went with the Arasaka ending and yet the game still gives you a chance of (partial?) redemption at the very end (which my V took).
The only thing I didn't like was the game putting it as "if you choose the Arasaka ending that means you like them and therefore you evil": in my case the reason V chose to follow that path was because it seemed the one with the greatest chance of success (I mean, the Relic is Arasaka tech so it's more probable that they know how to deal with it). Seeing everyone mad at her because of her decision really annoyed me cause you have no chance to explain V's reasons: what if V's plan was to exploit Arasaka to get cured and then back on Earth start a anti-corp movement/rebellion/whatever to say them "F U" for good? (also her knowledge of the corpo world would be really useful in this case)
Well, at least I was able to justify everything with a "late" redemption of my character. :ROFLMAO:

I did the Corpo path but went with the Arasaka ending and yet the game still gives you a chance of (partial?) redemption at the very end (which my V took).
The only thing I didn't like was the game putting it as "if you choose the Arasaka ending that means you like them and therefore you evil": in my case the reason V chose to follow that path was because it seemed the one with the greatest chance of success (I mean, the Relic is Arasaka tech so it's more probable that they know how to deal with it). Seeing everyone mad at her because of her decision really annoyed me cause you have no chance to explain V's reasons: what if V's plan was to exploit Arasaka to get cured and then back on Earth start a anti-corp movement/rebellion/whatever to say them "F U" for good? (also her knowledge of the corpo world would be really useful in this case)
Well, at least I was able to justify everything with a "late" redemption of my character. :ROFLMAO:

I think everyone reacts like you're dealing with Satan because you've found out Arasaka literally has created Cyber-Hell for the torture of the souls of the damned.

And they plan to create a race of immortal body stealing rich vampire-demons to rule the world forever.

Even by Cyberpunk standards, that's fucking bleak.

Top Bottom