Why is there so much cut content? [Possible Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm talking about clothing that represents the physical choices you make in character creation. if you play a female V and pick anything but medium breast size the clothing default you back to medium breast size. and goggles don't line up with your eyes half the time.

Show me the article or quote where they said you would get clothes to match your boob size. I'm annoyed that they don't have clothes to match boobs, and I think it should be ingame but I highly doubt that was a feature they promised anywhere in promotions or articles

Show me the article or quote where they said you would get clothes to match your boob size. I'm annoyed that they don't have clothes to match boobs, and I think it should be ingame but I highly doubt that was a feature they promised anywhere in promotions or articles
Are you seriously arguing that the fact that they didn't say it was a thing means that it's okay it's not ? name one one game that did it. Ever. If you have the option of changing the size of your body parts it's a given that the clothing represent the physical choice.

Are you seriously arguing that the fact that they didn't say it was a thing means that it's okay it's not ? name one one game that did it. Ever. If you have the option of changing the size of your body parts it's a given that the clothing represent the physical choice.

I am saying that not having clothes for a larger breasted option is not cut content or a lie. Its a flaw in the game that should be addressed.

there are many many flaws that should be addressed. That doesn't make them cut content, And it doesn't make the issue deceptive marketing.

you are perfectly right to say, you should fix the game and have clothes that don't remove boobs. But if thats your beef, you shouldn't tell them about cut content, because they ll have no idea thats what you were referring to.

like, legendaries crafting only showing up in shop first time is a problem, non working traits/perks is a problem. Stat Ui not working is a problem. Thats not cut content though

Last edited:
I am saying that not having clothes for a larger greasy option is not cut content or a lie. Its a flaw in the game that should be addressed.

there are many many flaws that should be addressed. That doesn't make them cut content, And it doesn't make the issue deceptive marketing.

you are perfectly right to say, you should fix the game and have clothes that don't remove boobs. But if thats your beef, you shouldn't tell them about cut content, because they ll have no idea thats what you were referring to.

like, legendaries crafting only showing up in shop first time is a problem, non working traits/perks is a problem. Stat Ui not working is a problem. Thats not cut content though
I categorize the clothing as basic necessity not lie.the character creation was a lie

man you must have not been paying very much attention to the pre-launch stuff.

Just check the mentioned in missing features list forum it's all cited there.
ok, I i went through this already, the reality is when you look at the actual dev quotes, it turns out its generally accurate, and peoples perceptions/expectations of those quotes are wrong. Thats why I asked you for a specific example, in case you had something tangible that I haven't seen.

your just saying, people say this a lot, so it must be accurate.

its not, its a fantasy.

ok, I i went through this already, the reality is when you look at the actual dev quotes, it turns out its generally accurate, and peoples perceptions/expectations of those quotes are wrong. Thats why I asked you for a specific example, in case you had something tangible that I haven't seen.

your just saying, people say this a lot, so it must be accurate.

its not, its a fantasy.
you wanted sources you got sources you can check the Reddit one if you want too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb22xs %251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fcyberpunkgame%2Fcomments%2Fkb22xs%2Fcompiled_list_of_missing_features_quality_of_life%2F

Saying that the public misunderstood them seems like a pretty convenient stance to take after the fact. CD projekt Red says it's going to be one way. Everybody pre-orders the game. Game drops. Game is nothing like they said it would be. " oh... See that's not what we meant." That's called baiting and it's a deception.

uhh What about what takamura prefers?
also, do you think every one shares your opinion?

gta is a totally different thing though, and single player games aren't mutually exclusive. If you mean multiplayer, hmm that depends what multiplayer cyberpunk would bring to the table. But based on this game, I doubt they are ready for multiplayer. Multiplayer games need minimal bugs, and they need to have an extremely quick ability to fix game breaking bugs. They also usually need a relatively well oiled/fast content pipeline.

like basically whats happening now, could never work for multiplayer. Cant delay new content by 3-6 months, and take 1-2 months to fix gameblocking bugs, and non working mechanics.

And I like cyberpunk 2077, I think it was worth releasing(on pc). But they don't appear to be fast enough and stable enough to get in the multiplayer market.

"What about what takamura prefers?". Actually, Takemura already likes and cares about V and doesn't fully decline the offer for a special dinner. It looks and feels like Takemura can be a romance option, but he is not and it is normal that a lot of people are disappointed about this. The romance with River is a side story and feels exactly like a side romance which by the way turns around his sister and not River and V. I can understand that not everyone is thrilled about this romance:)

you wanted sources you got sources you can check the Reddit one if you want too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb22xs %251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fcyberpunkgame%2Fcomments%2Fkb22xs%2Fcompiled_list_of_missing_features_quality_of_life%2F

Saying that the public misunderstood them seems like a pretty convenient stance to take after the fact. CD projekt Red says it's going to be one way. Everybody pre-orders the game. Game drops. Game is nothing like they said it would be. " oh... See that's not what we meant." That's called baiting and it's a deception.

this old, but that list is features they believe should be there, not features they promised. I've broached the reddit lists before with others, the stuff they said is there, is there. The peoples complaints is that it seemed like it would be executed better/more/differently
Post automatically merged:

"What about what takamura prefers?". Actually, Takemura already likes and cares about V and doesn't fully decline the offer for a special dinner. It looks and feels like Takemura can be a romance option, but he is not and it is normal that a lot of people are disappointed about this. The romance with River is a side story and feels exactly like a side romance which by the way turns around his sister and not River and V. I can understand that not everyone is thrilled about this romance:)

Takamura didnt seem interested in V romantically, not saying its impossible, but there is no requirement that every character get down with V. Eating dinner with somebody doesn't always mean romance.

this old, but that list is features they believe should be there, not features they promised. I've broached the reddit lists before with others, the stuff they said is there, is there. The peoples complaints is that it seemed like it would be executed better/more/differently

Takamura didnt seem interested in V romantically, not saying its impossible, but there is no requirement that every character get down with V. Eating dinner with somebody doesn't always mean romance.

Ok,it was not just eating dinner , and before reading all spoilers I thought that it will be possible to romance him , that's all. In the meanwhile it is pretty clear that there is not such an option. Still dissapointed. Gig closed :)
1613324949556.png

I mean yeah it is. I posted this a while ago too. But that last bit there is what's Important. During the 250 hours I put into this game something became very clear to me. CD projekt Red new Cyberpunk 2077 would not meet our expectations. there are aspects of this game that are obviously attempts to "cover their own asses" as it were. Giving the option to select breast size but clothing doesn't match 2 of the 3 options. early game tutorial telling you that all the stashes connect when they do not. The city itself being huge, expensive, beautiful and completely empty. Cyberware that list features that the item no longer has. Locking voice and gender when the game was supposed to be non-binary inclusive and on top of that making it so if your voice doesn't match your body's gender neither of the 4 (which is a sad number) romance options are available to you. The NCPD just the NCPD. This game is a lie. CD projekt Red knew it was a lie and they shipped it out and took our money anyway. We've been baited, hooked, lined, AND sinkered.

I mean yeah it is. I posted this a while ago too. But that last bit there is what's Important. During the 250 hours I put into this game something became very clear to me. CD projekt Red new Cyberpunk 2077 would not meet our expectations. there are aspects of this game that are obviously attempts to "cover their own asses" as it were. Giving the option to select breast size but clothing doesn't match 2 of the 3 options. early game tutorial telling you that all the stashes connect when they do not. The city itself being huge, expensive, beautiful and completely empty. Cyberware that list features that the item no longer has. Locking voice and gender when the game was supposed to be non-binary inclusive and on top of that making it so if your voice doesn't match your body's gender neither of the 4 (which is a sad number) romance options are available to you. The NCPD just the NCPD. This game is a lie. CD projekt Red knew it was a lie and they shipped it out and took our money anyway. We've been baited, hooked, lined, AND sinkered.
And I'd like to add (well, I could spend paragraphs and paragraphs of the missing/half-baked features in this game) that while 4 is a sad number (in Meredith Stout's case, it seems she offended someone at CDPR by how little she appears in the game), IF those romance options were at least fleshed out... But they're not. Once you're done with their side quests, it's like they all flatlined. CDPR even forgot to remove Judy from the window spot if she ends up leaving NC.

In general, it's the least cohesive game I've ever had the displeasure to play. That's why our choices don't matter: every system was created in isolation and hastily put together at last minute, especially the main quest that seems to be part of a different game in comparison to the side gigs. In order to create a decent illusion of choice, you need to create a good core foundation, but this game lacks of it and it's too glaring. How can they spend 6 years promoting this game as an RPG to change its label in 2019? That, for me, is the best warning that this game was going to be a mess, but that I missed before buying it...

Last edited:

To be completely honest with ya if you want a pretty accurate detailed reason of what CD project promised just watch Crowbcat video thats the most accurate and solid video youll ever find

To be completely honest with ya if you want a pretty accurate detailed reason of what CD project promised just watch Crowbcat video thats the most accurate and solid video youll ever find

I seen the video, its really not that accurate, its basically cherry picking, an exhibition of bugs and comparisons to gta crime mechanics. Yes the game was buggy on old Gen, and yes its car/crime features are less developed than a game called grand theft auto. Its also basically created with the same techniques as marketing videos, but with the opposite objective, SOOO thats an interesting situation

Guest 3847602

They should add (not hard given all the closed shop everywhere...)

A car seller with customisable color etc... (Just a simple menu with slider...)

A clothe seller with customisable color, armor etc...
I mean, it's already in the pnp, a simple menu with sliders isn't that hard to make ...

A barber...

I still don't know how they didn't implement those in almost one year.

It's far easier than reworking let's say crowd AI or Cops AI and would already feel like they give us a bit or something.

@Audi82
Have to reply here cause the previous thread got closed for off-topic.
Regarding the apartments (known since June 2019): https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...asia-redesuik-gamestar-de-interview.11008165/
Regarding the car customization (known since June 2020): https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/car-customization-has-been-dropped.11033195/
So yeah, it was no secret.

about car customization, 2m 15s

"exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning", October 2020 so AFTER that statement you've posted. I call it deceive.

...about other stuff that are not in the game in the very way they wanted us to believe (...), from 29m 18s, 19 november 2020:

they told us about "chose how to spend your money" and your "pastime"....pastime, I repeat., so stuff that have nothing to do with story/missions, all in a sequence that SHOW us V at "luna park", in a garage/shop (not very clear) with supercars exposed, V that play in a concert, V that drink with Jackie in a club or that dive naked in the water etc. You know, every dude in the planet would actually believe that in the game there are side activities where spend the money this way or do funny/cool stuff in the city with this statements and sequences, simply because they told us exactly that with this statements and sequences! Instead, it's all an editing (!) that put together with a "smart glue" part of some missions (except for the luna park that is a kind of easter egg in game) that have NOTHING to do with "how spend your money", and definitely not with "chose you pastimes", or even that it isn't in the game at all! (the garage/shop). I call it deceive.

about car customization, 2m 15s
From what I understand, it's about "sportcars class" (2:10) who are perfect for customisation. Like the Shion or The Quadra who have few models (and a also a "Nomad model". Opposite to "Hypercars class" (2:43) like the Aerondight who have only one model, only the color can change....
It's not talking about "you can customize them" (or I really missunderstood the video...)

"exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning"
In my opinion, this is the perfect example of when we take a single sentence out of its context (the video) and interpret it as we want :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom